Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
Dinwiddie would have been nice but the decision makes perfect sense if you look at the Laker's guard in the past couple weeks
Some guy named Skylar Mays was the main guard off the bench last night
Like Reply
Just a random question Big Grin

Theo Pinson or Justin Jackson?
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 01:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Free agent F Justise Winslow is signing a 10-day deal with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN. Winslow has been playing with the Raptors’ 905 G League team.

Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
The Oklahoma City Thunder are adding frontcourt depth, signing veteran center Bismack Biyombo to a minimum deal, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Biyombo averaged 5.2 points and 6.4 rebounds over 30 games for Grizzlies this

Another nice move.   Biyombo may not help in the playoffs at all, but they needed a big guy who could play for spots in the regular season.
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 02:07 PM)Jym Wrote: Dinwiddie would have been nice but the decision makes perfect sense if you look at the Laker's guard in the past couple weeks
Some guy named Skylar Mays was the main guard off the bench last night

Their big FA signing, Gabe Vincent hasn't played a minute all season. They had to sign another PG. What kind of injury does he have?
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 03:10 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Their big FA signing, Gabe Vincent hasn't played a minute all season. They had to sign another PG. What kind of injury does he have?

He's had knee issues since November. Had to have surgery that will keep him out till March.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Charlotte Hornets G Kyle Lowry has agreed on a contract buyout, clearing the way for him to sign with the Philadelphia 76ers upon clearing waivers, Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

Lowry will sign for $2.8 million for rest of season, Bartelstein tells ESPN
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: GGAMfObXwAMNMXD?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Just leave the buyout market alone. 99% of the time these guys make no difference anyway. Not worth it. Bringing in Marucs Morris can only mess up the team hierarchy. He could un-settle his brother, the Kyrie whisperer. He will demand minutes at the 3 or 4, which could mess with the heads of Green and/or Washington. Both seem like introverted personalities, who need to know they are valued and trusted. Bringing in another guard is disrespectful to Hardy, who will struggle to get his minutes anyway. Let´s not forget Exum and Lively didn´t even play. Maybe you just do a Myles Turner style rookie deal with Lawson. Convert his two-way into a four year rookie deal and frontload the first year to give him a little extra now.
[-] The following 8 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, From Dirk to Luka, Jmaciscool, rocky164, Smitty, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(02-11-2024, 01:54 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Just leave the buyout market alone. 99% of the time these guys make no difference anyway. Not worth it. Bringing in Marucs Morris can only mess up the team hierarchy. He could un-settle his brother, the Kyrie whisperer. He will demand minutes at the 3 or 4, which could mess with the heads of Green and/or Washington. Both seem like introverted personalities, who need to know they are valued and trusted. Bringing in another guard is disrespectful to Hardy, who will struggle to get his minutes anyway. Let´s not forget Exum and Lively didn´t even play. Maybe you just do a Myles Turner style rookie deal with Lawson. Convert his two-way into a four year rookie deal and frontload the first year to give him a little extra now.

Alternatively, Marcus could provide an even steadier bench presence and allow the Mavs to run a small ball bench lineup of:

Kyrie/Green/PJ/Marcus/Maxi where all 5 guys could hit a 3. 

But you are bringing up an interesting perspective. I haven't really thought about should Marcus come here and get disgruntled, what his brother, and in turn Kyrie would feel.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PatBevPod/status/175...7158433268

Marcus Morris to T-Wolves?
Like Reply
PJ Washington's defense.

Against OKC with videos.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2024/2/12/...rick-debut
[-] The following 5 users Like Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, mvossman, RGP1981, Smitty
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Klay Thompson says he’s open to a reduced role if it means staying with the Warriors, per @loganmmurdock

“There’s nothing wrong with that. I’ll be 35 next year. At 35, coming off the ACL and an Achilles [tear] and still have the ability to be a really good player. Maybe not the guy who scored 60 in three quarters and scored an NBA record 37 points in a quarter, but still a great threat out there. I’ve modeled my game after Reggie [Miller] and Ray [Allen], and those guys were incredibly effective until their late 30s. So I plan on kind of following that mold.”

Only issue is, will Klay take a reduced contract that usually accompanies a reduced role. And if so, what is that reduced contract? Say a team comes with a full MLE offer for 3 years, but a significant role on their team. Would he value that or staying with GSW? What if DET throws 25 a year at him? Something to keep a tab on.
Like Reply
The Memphis Grizzlies are planning to sign free agent guard Jordan Goodwin on a 10-day deal, sources tell ESPN. Goodwin is expected to join the team as soon as Tuesday. Goodwin has spent time with the Suns and Wizards in the past two-plus seasons.
Like Reply
Marcus Smart an interesting name for us this summer
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 02:37 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Marcus Smart an interesting name for us this summer

His name will certainly come up but how much better is Smart than Green or Exum at this point? I’m kind of on the fence about going that direction.

I expect the nets to eventually make Mikal available and for us to throw the house at them.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 02:53 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: His name will certainly come up but how much better is Smart than Green or Exum at this point? I’m kind of on the fence about going that direction.

I expect the nets to eventually make Mikal available and for us to throw the house at them.
For me either Bridges or Brandon Ingram would be the perfect “all in” player. 

I don’t think either will be made available. And even if they were, we wouldn’t have enough even if we hadn’t made the trades. It feels like OKC and others have enough picks that if they really wanted somebody, then nobody would be able to top their offer
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 02:58 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: For me either Bridges or Brandon Ingram would be the perfect “all in” player. 

I don’t think either will be made available. And even if they were, we wouldn’t have enough even if we hadn’t made the trades. It feels like OKC and others have enough picks that if they really wanted somebody, then nobody would be able to top their offer

Those are the two names I keep coming back to as well. I do think Mikal will eventually be moved though. Doesn’t make sense to keep a player that good but not quite that good on a rebuilding roster during the prime of their career

I legitimately think the plan is to go after Lebron though. There’s too much smoke.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 03:05 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Those are the two names I keep coming back to as well. I do think Mikal will eventually be moved though. Doesn’t make sense to keep a player that good but not quite that good on a rebuilding roster during the prime of their career

I legitimately think the plan is to go after Lebron though. There’s too much smoke.

With the 60th pick in the 2024 NBA Draft, the Dallas Mavericks select…out of the University of Southern California…
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, RoyTarpleysGhost, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 03:16 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: With the 60th pick in the 2024 NBA Draft, the Dallas Mavericks select…out of the University of Southern California…
Mr. Relevant
Like Reply
Marc Stein:

"Could the Hawks ultimately decide to keep Dejounte Murray and trade Trae Young in the offseason? I can tell you this much: They’ve certainly convinced various rival teams that a Dejounte In/Trae Out course is going to be legitimately considered.

San Antonio tops the perceived list. The Spurs have circulated for months among prominent league observers as a viable destination for Young’s offensive gifts.
In Victor Wembanyama, they also seemingly possess precisely the sort of long and rangy defensive anchor who could mitigate Young’s defensive deficiencies.
It is likewise believed in some corners of the league that Young would have interest in South Texas as a destination if he were forced to leave Atlanta."

In that same article:
“I know of at least two teams on the NBA map that believe LeBron James would consider signing with them at far less than $51.4 million if Bronny James is on the roster. There might be more.”
Like Reply