Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: NOP Will Not Give Ingram an Extension
(02-08-2024, 10:40 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Holy geez, if that deal is worth a first round pick I don’t see the Mavericks doing anything at this deadline.

I hope they don't do anything.  The Tilman deal for a couple of seconds is the only thing I would have been remotely interested in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Brett Siegel (@BrettSiegelNBA)
The Knicks and Hornets have discussed a PJ Washington trade, as the Mavs continue to be the strong suitor for Washington.

More on the trade deadline in today's story:

NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Lakers are actively exploring trade market opportunities involving Gabe Vincent and Christian Wood, per @BrettSiegelNBA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:43 AM)mvossman Wrote: I hope they don't do anything.  The Tilman deal for a couple of seconds is the only thing I would have been remotely interested in.

It feels like an overpay for Washington is coming, doesn’t it?
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
PJ for a first is crazy to me. I don't think a Kuzma deal will happen, either, but here's a trade scenario on the heels of "how high is THJ's value." It's probably not enough.....
(and not intended to poke the KillerLeft Bear)

Mavs - Kuzma, Gafford (-$4.3M)
Magic - Hardaway, Tyus Jones (+$2.4M)
Wizards - Fultz, Harris, G. Williams, Holmes, '27 1st from Dallas, '24 1st from Magic. (+$1.8M; Magic have 2 1sts in '25--their own and Denver's, top 5 protected)

Magic want shooting; they get it, and a very nice point guard for a short trial. It seems to me they need both. Maybe this helps them make a little noise in the playoffs. They still have a nice back up PG in Anthony with Black in development.

Wizards get two picks and shed a ton of salary obligations going forward for a reboot. They get to take a look at Fultz to see if he's a keeper. Maybe Williams can refind himself there. Fultz/Poole backcourt would be a shooting train wreck. This may be deal killer #1.

Mavs shed $4.3 million from their current cap and get much longer with a perfect back up to Lively. They don't have to use any young players.

THJ will be a loss as I do appreciate what THJ does well.

I have coveted Avdija ever since he was drafted. I may have commented on that in the summer.....I certainly thought it. Green and Avdija make difficult trade scenarios with their contracts. MavsMoneyball noted a Kyrie / Avdija problem could exist without coming right out and saying it, but I knew exactly what they meant.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Brett Siegel (@BrettSiegelNBA)
The Knicks and Hornets have discussed a PJ Washington trade, as the Mavs continue to be the strong suitor for Washington.

Let the Knicks have him.
Charlotte's day dreaming at this point.
Like Reply
A first for Kelly Olynk? They already have Poetl who they traded a first for.

Is Agbaji a nice prospect or something?

Edit: I forgot Olynk is Canadian, which seems to be a plus for the Raptors these days.
Like Reply
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Oklahoma City is closing in on a trade to acquire Gordon Hayward from Charlotte, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

@wojespn
The 76ers are trading Danuel House and a 2024 second-round pick via the Knicks to the Pistons, sources tell ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Oklahoma City is closing in on a trade to acquire Gordon Hayward from Charlotte, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Holy cow, Presti is finally making his move! They think they’re in it this year, huh?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
I dunno what Hayward does for OKC unless Giddey is about to be out of the rotation.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:54 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Holy cow, Presti is finally making his move! They think they’re in it this year, huh?

They are in it at this point.  I don't see the value in Hayward though.
Like Reply
IMO:

Needs:
PG = We're fine
SG = We're fine
SF = DJJ type, but much better
PF = Our weakest spot. Gwill is limited as a backup. Maxi is done.
C = Need high quality backup

Possible targets:
SF - T.Eason, DFS, Kuzma
PF - Hartenstein, Kuzma, PJ, Z.Collins
C- Zubac, Drummond

Willing to part with:
THJ (+ value), Holmes (-), Maxi (-), Curry (+), Powell (+), Morris (+), DJJ (+)

Willing to part with for the right piece:
Green, Hardy, Exum, GWill

(02-08-2024, 10:54 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Holy cow, Presti is finally making his move! They think they’re in it this year, huh?

Hayward is underwhelming given the few minutes he's healthy.
Like Reply

Pre trade situation for OKC

15 first round picks (nine guaranteed)
22 second round picks

Not sure if giving up 1-2 picks for Hayward qualifies as "his move".
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:00 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Pre trade situation for OKC

15 first round picks (nine guaranteed)
22 second round picks

Not sure if giving up 1-2 picks or Hayward qualifies as "his move".

Come on man, you know that’s not what I meant. I just meant, when was the last time you saw OKC make a trade for an over the hill, win now type of player, even a small one? To me, that’s news.
Like Reply
Wojnarowski] The Oklahoma City Thunder are finalizing a trade to send G Tre Mann and F Davis Bertans to the Charlotte Hornets for Gordon Hayward, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply
[Image: 1755618232755458452.jpg?ex=65d76f74&is=6...eight=1016]
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:01 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Come on man, you know that’s not what I meant. I just meant, when was the last time you saw OKC make a trade for an over the hill, win now type of player, even a small one? To me, that’s news.

That is news.  I was really hoping Hayward would get bought out and join our little Mavs.  I've always liked that guy and hate what that injury did to him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetFidelia's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42)
Detroit has to clear 2 roster spots before they jump on the trade call with Minnesota and now Philadelphia.
Like Reply
Thank you Houston for turning down that offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:01 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Come on man, you know that’s not what I meant. I just meant, when was the last time you saw OKC make a trade for an over the hill, win now type of player, even a small one? To me, that’s news.

There really isn't anyone left to sell. As crazy as it sounds when they are fully healthy SGA is OKC oldest rotation player. First seed in the west with a collection of high lottery picks on their rookie deal or recently extended on their first big contract.
Like Reply
Ian Begley (@IanBegley)
NYK interest in Bojan Bogdanovic dates back to 2023 deadline. Sources confirm NYK has touched base w/DET on both Bogdanovic & Alec Burks. DET has been listening to teams on Bogdanovic. NYK/DET has talked about different draft compensation on Burks & Bogdanovic. Yahoo 1st on talks

Yossi Gozlan (@YossiGozlan)
Aleksej Pokusevski being added to the deal makes the money work.

Gordon Hayward could still get some of his trade bonus in this 3 for 1 framework.

The Hornets need to cut a player or two before making this deal or expand it to resolve their roster crunch.

@wojespn
·
42s
The Detroit Pistons are finalizing a trade to send guard Alec Burks to the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply