Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
(02-08-2024, 10:10 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe you’re right, but if so that was a very dumb thing to try. “Hey, New York, take this player who is similar to the one you are selling only already getting paid a lot of money instead of still on his rookie deal. Oh yeah, and give us a first for the trouble.“

If you guys think that was what they were trying to accomplish…yikes.

That’s why it was quickly turned down…
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:11 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: THJ+Holmes+2027 for DFS+Dinwiddie works. And it also gives us a 20 mil expiring deal where we could retain DJJ this summer.

I don’t hate the idea of Dinwiddie as a sixth man, and we all know that I loved DFS, but it kind of seems like they are asking more than that package just for DFS… no indication yet that Dinwiddie is even available.

Plus, it just feels weird to be moving pieces around that could’ve just as easily been different in the Irving trade. That’s kind of weirding me out. Anyone else? I don’t think I can remember an example of something like that happening, where a team makes a huge blockbuster trade and then trades for their pieces back the following year at a cheap price. I’m just not sure I would let that happen if I were in Brooklyn. Even if I had to sell those guys that cheaply, I think I might have a problem with them going to Dallas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: As I say this:

Marc Stein- BRK wants at least 1 first rounder for DFS. Mavs haven't been in it.

Late 1st ~ 2-3 2nds
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:16 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t hate the idea of Dinwiddie is sixth man, and we all know that I loved DFS, but it kind of seems like they are asking more than that package just for DFS… no indication yet that Dinwiddie is even available.

Plus, it just feels weird to be moving pieces around. I could’ve just as easily been different in the Irving trade. That’s kind of weirding me out. Anyone else? I don’t think I can remember an example of something like that happening, where a team makes a huge blockbuster trade and then trades for their pieces back the following year at a cheap price. I’m just not sure I would let that happen if I were in Brooklyn. Even if I had to sell those guys that cheaply, I think I might have a problem with them going to Dallas.

There has been a lot of smoke that the Nets have wanted to get out of Dinwiddie this year just based off of their forums/twitter (as in the fans are done with him). They're going so far as accusing Dinwiddie of quitting on the team.

But there hasn't been any official smoke though.

And yeah I can't remember a trade, especially a blockbuster one, where the team that received the assets initially would send them back a year later so you have a point there. 

But still, you could just go back to the Irving trade and say the Nets got 2 firsts for him and some upcoming expiring deals.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:09 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Grass isn't always greener. Statistically they are basically the same player. Last season Grimes with a little more volume. Green more efficient. This season Green is clearly ahead. Grimes lost some minutes after the Knicks added DiVincenzo and just like Green in the past he is struggling when he isn't getting consistent minutes.
Not sure about the defense. I think Grimes is better on ball. Certainly when it comes to screens. But Green plays a little bit bigger and contributes on the boards.

Not that it matters now but I though Grimes was clearly better the prior two seasons.  He is currently disgruntled and having issues with Thibs (apparently Thibs is pissed that he didn't play a couple of playoff games with hurt shoulder) and I feel like he is a better bounce back candidate than PJ.
Like Reply
Stein still saying Charlotte wants Green and MORE. Mavs have a problem with both
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:21 AM)omahen Wrote: Stein still saying Charlotte wants Green and MORE. Mavs have a problem with both

Yeah I'd riot if we traded Green and more for PJ freaking Washington. 

Nico needs to do this if CHA is really insisting on that:

[Image: forrest-gump-running.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Well, if the Mavs do trade for PJ Washington, I sure hope he plays well. Because after a string of never ever once being wrong in any of my takes, not once, not ever, for like 25 years of contributing to this community, I would hate to miss on Williams and Washington back to back.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Indiana is nearing a deal to trade Buddy Hield to the 76ers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

[Image: here-we-go-joker.gif]

@ShamsCharania
Philadelphia is acquiring a tremendous scorer and shooter in Buddy Hield, who is set to be among the top free agents this offseason.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Okstate819
Like Reply
Created a separate thread. So Buddy is worth 2 expirings and 3 2nds.

What is THJ worth then?
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:27 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Created a separate thread. So Buddy is worth 2 expirings and 3 2nds.

What is THJ worth then?

Probably a bit less, but then again, his contractual situation is WAY better than Hield’s. Like night and day better.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:21 AM)omahen Wrote: Stein still saying Charlotte wants Green and MORE. Mavs have a problem with both

Yeah that’s rich for PJ.

Im still hoping they can get something done for THjr and add some draft assets.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:28 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Probably a bit less, but then again, his contractual situation is WAY better than Hield’s. Like night and day better.

Depends on the team. Hield is expiring and the 76ers have max cap space this offseason. I doubt they’d prefer THJs contract.
Like Reply
Per Bobby Marks, “75% of the tradable 1st rd. picks are controlled by 11 teams: OKC, San Antonio, Utah, New York, Brooklyn, New Orleans, Orlando, Toronto, Houston, Memphis and Portland”.

1st round picks should be highly valuable, if none of those teams want to buy there aren't many 1st round picks available for trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:28 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Probably a bit less, but then again, his contractual situation is WAY better than Hield’s. Like night and day better.

I think 3 2nds is fair for THJ. He's also been quite a bit better than Hield this year.

So maybe, dare I say it, THJ is worth a 1st 
[Image: oh-my-god-omg.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:30 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Depends on the team. Hield is expiring and the 76ers have max cap space this offseason. I doubt they’d prefer THJs contract.

If the plan is to let him go for nothing and use the cap space somewhere else, I agree. And that might be their plan, sure.  I doubt his NEXT deal will start at less than THJ’s final year though. That’s all I’m saying.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Ian Begley (@IanBegley)
The Buddy Hield to PHI deal impacts market for NYK target Alec Burks. PHI and DET had talked about package including Marcus Morris and 2nd round picks for deal that would've sent Burks back to PHI. Per @wojespn, PHI is sending Morris, Korkmaz & three 2nd rounders to IND for Hield

Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
The Utah Jazz are finalizing a trade to send C Kelly Olynyk and guard Ochai Agbaji to the Toronto Raptors for Kira Lewis, Otto Porter and a 2024 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:33 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ian Begley (@IanBegley)
The Buddy Hield to PHI deal impacts market for NYK target Alec Burks. PHI and DET had talked about package including Marcus Morris and 2nd round picks for deal that would've sent Burks back to PHI. Per @wojespn, PHI is sending Morris, Korkmaz & three 2nd rounders to IND for Hield

The Utah Jazz are finalizing a trade to send C Kelly Olynyk and guard Ochai Agbaji to the Toronto Raptors for Kira Lewis, Otto Porter and a 2024 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Even the dreaded KO is off the table for us, lol.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:37 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Even the dreaded KO is off the table for us, lol.

I mean it broke rule 1 so I'm glad we didn't go for Olynyk. Also a 1st for him is a bit wild.

He would've been a nice addition but not for a 1st.

The 2024 draft must be REALLY bad if teams are trading their picks like candy for middle of the road role players.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:33 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Holy geez, if that deal is worth a first round pick I don’t see the Mavericks doing anything at this deadline.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply