Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...41540?s=20
Bobby Marks

Impact on the Matisse Thybulle matched offer sheet

Portland

Thybulle has a Jan. 15 trade restriction

He has veto power on any trade and cannot be moved to Dallas for a year

Portland is $3.4M below the tax with 13 players under contract

The Rayan Rupert 3 year contract is guaranteed for the first 2 years with a team option in year 3.

$1.1M/$1.9M/$2.2M

Dallas

Projected $9M below the first apron

Still have the full $12.4M non-tax midlevel or part of (depending if Seth Curry signs for the biannual or part of the midlevel)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Oubre makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
[-] The following 8 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • audiosway, From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft, mvossman, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero, Smitty, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:13 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Oubre makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Yeah I'm right there with you.

I think Oubre is kind of a loser player that doesn't impact winning, like Wood. He has all the tools to be a good defender, but doesn't make an impact.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:10 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: He should be good for 15-20 minutes right out of the gate, imo. I think he’s the back up 4 on day 1. 

I think Green was going to be the starter, even if Portland hadn’t matched. 

I've been thinking they want to reunite Maxi and Powell as the bench combo.

Hardy
Seth
x
Maxi 
Powell

That x is where Thybulle was going to fit and can Omax be that person instead?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
I was really high on the idea of getting PJ, with the belief that he was a solid defender. I've been disabused of that falsity. Still seems to be very promising and could help a lot at the four (and sometimes five). Also fits the timeline. Can't get him for the MLE, but perhaps an SNT.

Diallo?

(07-06-2023, 11:20 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I've been thinking they want to reunite Maxi and Powell as the bench combo.

Hardy
Seth
x
Maxi 
Powell

I think OMax is definitely in the 10-man rotation this season, if that's what you're asking.
Like Reply
I wonder if the Mavs turn towards DET and try a trade for Bojan...
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wonder if the Mavs turn towards DET and try a trade for Bojan...

Chuck defense out the window? That's not the direction they've been heading, Seth notwithstanding.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, mvossman
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:20 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I've been thinking they want to reunite Maxi and Powell as the bench combo.

Hardy
Seth
x
Maxi 
Powell

I keep seeing people pencil in Holmes as a starter…maybe, but I think it’s more likely that Powell is the starter, imo. Either way, Kleber will be the 5 to close games (probably will be closing there, even if they trade for another center). 

Point being, I’m not sure they are thinking about linking Kleber and Powell’s minutes together like that.

I’m not saying Kleber should never play another minute at the 4, because he can still function there in extreme big lineup situations, but to me, Omax and Williams are now the guys you want guarding Durant, KL, LeBron, etc. I think that’s your 4 rotation. You should have a foot speed advantage against anyone, and you will match up well with just about anyone, athletically.
Like Reply
Any chance Orlando lets go of Issac? You know he just launched a "no woke" clothing line? LOL
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:25 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Chuck defense out the window? That's not the direction they've been heading, Seth notwithstanding.

Not sure starting Bojan is akin to chucking defense out the window. He can still move his feet. Is he on the level of Thybulle or GWill? No shot. But is he better than what Bullock put on last year? Absolutely.

Plus it doesn't hurt that he is a fantastic offensive player. 

I'd rather invest in Bojan than throw a contract at Kelly Oubre. If we thought THJ was bad, how does 7 3PA a game on 31.5% shooting sound?
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:28 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I keep seeing people pencil in Holmes as a starter…maybe, but I think it’s more likely that Powell is the starter, imo. 

If this is the case, then 1) Holmes must be truly, appallingly wretched, and 2) no one wonder the Kangs were willing to give a 1st to get off of him, and no one the Mavs can't give him away now. 

Powell at this stage of his career is the second coming of Lorenzo Williams. If he's starting, your center rotation must be the dead worst in the league.
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:31 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Any chance Orlando lets go of Issac?  You know he just launched a "no woke" clothing line?  LOL

I think a locker room that has Kyrie in it means Isaac is a no go no matter what. That atmosphere could be untenable at times.
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:33 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think a locker room that has Kyrie in it means Isaac is a no go no matter what. That atmosphere could be untenable at times.

ha ha.  I am sure he is a nice young man....seems like it.  It just seems like he really milking the no kneeling thing for all it is worth.
Like Reply
The Bertans deal is now officially complete.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1676992309957623822
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:31 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Any chance Orlando lets go of Issac?  You know he just launched a "no woke" clothing line?  LOL

My opinion on Isaac is that his career is done, and that is why he is becoming more and more politics oriented. I can’t help but to think that if he’d focused more on his rehab and less on writing a book and being visibly right wing, he might not have faded from the meta of basketball so quickly. 

That’s speculation on my part, but either way, I want the Mavs to employ players who immerse themselves in basketball. My problem with Isaac is very similar to the worries we all had about Kyrie Irving. The difference is that you put up with it in Irving’s case because he is still able to play, and play well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
old mavs front office would definitely be signing one of the Antetokounmpo brothers as Giannis is up for an extension soon.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:35 AM)Tyler Wrote: The Bertans deal is now officially complete.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1676992309957623822

The first one is. Don't see anything about OMax/Holmes. That's the one we always thought could be expanded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Mav’s PR says Bertans part for Lively is official.

SA deal and SAC deal still not announced yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The most gettable big man that makes sense is probably Gafford. Washington has been more or less giving away their players. The word was, they don't want any long term salary, so that could be an issue. Can the Mavs make a move for him with the 3 SRP they are supposed to have now?

I was sort of surprised about the value of pick swap. I wonder what another one of those could get us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-06-2023, 11:33 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If this is the case, then 1) Holmes must be truly, appallingly wretched, and 2) no one wonder the Kangs were willing to give a 1st to get off of him, and no one the Mavs can't give him away now. 

Powell at this stage of his career is the second coming of Lorenzo Williams. If he's starting, your center rotation must be the dead worst in the league.

Well, you have to assume that Holmes is pretty bad because he lost his job to Alex Len last year. Hasn’t played much for two years, actually, and yes, the kings literally launched their first round pick into the sun to get his money off of their books. The prize of that trade was Omax - anything you get from Holmes is a bonus. He might fit better in Dallas than he did in Sacramento, that’s very possible. I think it is kind of unreasonable to expect him to start and play 20 minutes per game. I think a more reasonable expectation is for him to play about as much as Mcgee did last year, hopefully helping a little bit more than Mcgee did.

And, I think you are showing your ass with that Powell hyperbole. The Mavericks were better last year when Powell was on the court than they were when he was not. He is still a very good pick and roll partner with Luka - good to elite in that category. That might open up some options for Luka and Kyrie with a full training camp. Powell is still a guy who is going to play with maximum effort at all times. He will still run the floor every single time, far from a given today, and he’s still a pretty switchable guy. 

I’m not super thrilled with their inability to improve on him, year after year, either, but you can’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, mvossman
Like Reply