Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
Missing 26 shots in a basketball game?
Like Reply
shot 44 times!! that's terrible efficiency..I like Dejonte, he's a good borderline all-star player with a good contract..but it's annoying that you compare him to KI..do you watch the games? I can't understand that a Mavs fan wants to change KI. ..it's absolutely beautiful to see..I guess you abandoned that idea when we won the ring this year
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 01:10 PM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: shot 44 times!! that's terrible efficiency..I like Dejonte, he's a good borderline all-star player with a good contract..but it's annoying that you compare him to KI..do you watch the games? I can't understand that a Mavs fan wants to change KI. ..it's absolutely beautiful to see..I guess you abandoned that idea when we won the ring this year

He's not really a Mavs fan. He's a Jazz fan that also watches the Mavs cause the Jazz are depressing.

And no he probably doesn't watch the Hawks cause if he did he'd realize comparing Kyrie to Murray is like comparing a Ferrari to a BMW.

Sure BMWs are nice and all, but they aren't a Ferrari.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 02:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He's not really a Mavs fan. He's a Jazz fan that also watches the Mavs cause the Jazz are depressing.

And no he probably doesn't watch the Hawks cause if he did he'd realize comparing Kyrie to Murray is like comparing a Ferrari to a BMW.

Sure BMWs are nice and all, but they aren't a Ferrari.

You need to be thonked on the head with a smelly fish for being so generalistic. I'm a Luka fan. Your Mavericks has sucked a55 for so long when it comes to putting a championship winning team around Luka, even though he has been ready to win NBA titles for years. So I post about that. Your Mavericks sukks big time eggs. One of the Top 5 worst run organization in NBA history from my studying of everything. If not for luck of drafting Dirk and then Luka, the Dallas Mavericks is worth less that sh1te.

I honestly think that Utah Jazz is better franchise for Luka, only because Dallas Mavericks franchise is so, so bad. But this does not make me Jazz fan. It only means that Dallas Mavericks organization is so, so bad. Can we agree on this?

Dallas Mavericks fans are awesome. But Dallas Mavs FO sucks very much.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 02:12 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: You need to be thonked on the head with a smelly fish for being so generalistic. I'm a Luka fan. Your Mavericks has sucked a55 for so long when it comes to putting a championship winning team around Luka, even though he has been ready to win NBA titles for years. So I post about that. Your Mavericks sukks big time eggs. One of the Top 5 worst run organization in NBA history from my studying of everything. If not for luck of drafting Dirk and then Luka, the Dallas Mavericks is worth less that sh1te.

I honestly think that Utah Jazz is better franchise for Luka, only because Dallas Mavericks franchise is so, so bad. But this does not make me Jazz fan. It only means that Dallas Mavericks organization is so, so bad.  Can we agree on this?

Ironic a Jazz fan is spouting another franchise is so bad when they've never actually won anything themselves. Sure some 50 win seasons though! Always the bridesmaid never the bride.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 02:12 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: It only means that Dallas Mavericks organization is so, so bad.  Can we agree on this?

(Looks at the recent acquisitions of Kyrie, Lively, Exum, PJ, Gafford, and DJJ) Nah.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, MFFL
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 10:50 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Only took him 44 shots!

Mavs without Luka against Celtics would have got... what's the term?.... bum rushed? 

Look, everyone and their grandmother knows that Kyrie is magician on offense. There is very few people who are better than him, on offense. I prefer to think about these much more important things if Dejounte is able to give me 80-90% of what Kyrie does on offense... namely... younger, taller, faster, longer, quicker, better defense, much better contract. 

How can you ignore all these things??

This is why I always say, real Mavericks fans seems to deserve their owner, Mark Cuban. I see so many similarities between the two.

(03-29-2024, 02:19 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: (Looks at the recent acquisitions of Kyrie, Lively, Exum, PJ, Gafford, and DJJ) Nah.

I very happy with acquisitions of Kyrie, Lively, Gafford and PJ. :thumbsup:

Even Exum, although I not expect him to be as useful as he has been.

Now I think forward into the future... are you capable of same?

I not basketball hipster, like so many here. If you feel I'm wrong, it all good, we can discuss. Then when I'm proven right, you have to pay some forfeit. We have deal?
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 02:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ironic a Jazz fan is spouting another franchise is so bad when they've never actually won anything themselves. Sure some 50 win seasons though! Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Dude, I'm not from Utah, I'm not a Jazz fan. What you're doing is the equivalent of deflecting. You're making me out to be a Jazz fan because you can't accept how bad the Mavericks FO has been and can't accept that I (as neutral person, with no stakes in this game from city/state perspective) can pick the Jazz over you Mavericks. It's sad. I'm a Luka fan. Can you understand that? Only reason I want Luka to go to the Jazz is because they have the assets to trade for him and still put a championship team around him. While Mavericks have consistently repeating history of bad team building and under-achievement even when they have championship winning player on team.

And even if I was a Jazz fan, which I'm not, I don't really know how you're lording your 1 title over me? I could say that my dad / mom / wife is a Lakers or Celtics fan, and come back at you with 17 titles to your measly 1 title? Lol. #perspective
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 02:23 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Mavs without Luka against Celtics would have got... what's the term?.... bum rushed? 

Look, everyone and their grandmother knows that Kyrie is magician on offense. There is very few people who are better than him, on offense. I prefer to think about these much more important things if Dejounte is able to give me 80-90% of what Kyrie does on offense... namely... younger, taller, faster, longer, quicker, better defense, much better contract. 

How can you ignore all these things??

This is why I always say, real Mavericks fans seems to deserve their owner, Mark Cuban. I see so many similarities between the two.

I'm not ignoring it. I'm questioning the validity of this 80-90% figure. Murray has never been on the same level as kyrie at any point in his career. 8x all star vs 1x all star. 

Kyrie at Murray's age was an All NBA caliber dude, Murray isn't even close. 

Kyrie's contract for his production is one of the best values in the league. The only thing Murray has over Kyrie is age.

You also are seemingly choosing to ignore the fact that Murray is not happy being number 2 to Trae in Atlanta at all. He's been complaining about touches and his role all year. Atlanta has been trying to trade him for the last 1 1/2 seasons. What makes you think he'll magically love being number 2 to Luka with probably less touches since he's a worse basketball player than Kyrie?

Further, since you're such a big Luka fan, why are you trying to trade someone that Luka loves having on the team?
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, MFFL
Like Reply
It doesn't help that much to ignore trolls on this board when folks keep responding to them as I end up seeing them anyways.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 02:12 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: You need to be thonked on the head with a smelly fish for being so generalistic. I'm a Luka fan. Your Mavericks has sucked a55 for so long when it comes to putting a championship winning team around Luka, even though he has been ready to win NBA titles for years. So I post about that. Your Mavericks sukks big time eggs. One of the Top 5 worst run organization in NBA history from my studying of everything. If not for luck of drafting Dirk and then Luka, the Dallas Mavericks is worth less that sh1te.

I honestly think that Utah Jazz is better franchise for Luka, only because Dallas Mavericks franchise is so, so bad. But this does not make me Jazz fan. It only means that Dallas Mavericks organization is so, so bad.  Can we agree on this?

Dallas Mavericks fans are awesome. But Dallas Mavs FO sucks very much.

Ha ha!! Points given for "thonked on the head with a smelly fish." Nice line. I wasn't around when you started posting, evidently, so a late welcome to you! 

And thanks for calling us awesome!! I think Mavs fans are awesome. I love them. Hey Mavs fans, I love y'all!!!  Heart

The rest of the of your post is quite suspect, but that's ok, my posts generally suck too!!!!  Big Grin

And about those Jazz, which are your favorite Jazz playoff runs? Mine are 1986, 2001 and 2022! 

BTW, Utah is a bad city.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 03:05 PM)mvossman Wrote: It doesn't help that much to ignore trolls on this board when folks keep responding to them as I end up seeing them anyways.

Sorry. Sometimes I take the bait and have to release steam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 03:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Sorry. Sometimes I take the bait and have to release steam.

It’s actually a form of community service.
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
ESPN's Tim MacMahon says the Rockets want to make a big swing in the trade market

“I don't know if both Alperen Şengün and Jalen Green will be around long term.”

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1773...78426?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 03:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Sorry. Sometimes I take the bait and have to release steam.

It okay. It happen to the best of us. *pat, pat* Big Grin
Like Reply
The Murray talk is silly. We see how how operates with another ball dominate star (Trey). Murray's at like 70% if he isn't the main ball handler. To compare him to Kyrie and how well Kyrie plays with another ball dominate superstar (Lebron, now Luka) is absurd.

Any talk of trades should be for defensive studs at the PF/SF who can also give you an offensive threat.

(03-29-2024, 04:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
ESPN's Tim MacMahon says the Rockets want to make a big swing in the trade market

“I don't know if both Alperen Şengün and Jalen Green will be around long term.”

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1773...78426?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

Neither fit here (I'm not up for breaking up our star C rotation and don't need another guard), but that'll make for a lot of movement.

I'd love to be the 3rd or 4th team and land Tari Eason  Heart Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 03:13 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Ha ha!! Points given for "thonked on the head with a smelly fish." Nice line. I wasn't around when you started posting, evidently, so a late welcome to you! 

And thanks for calling us awesome!! I think Mavs fans are awesome. I love them. Hey Mavs fans, I love y'all!!!  Heart

The rest of the of your post is quite suspect, but that's ok, my posts generally suck too!!!!  Big Grin

And about those Jazz, which are your favorite Jazz playoff runs? Mine are 1986, 2001 and 2022! 

BTW, Utah is a bad city.

Big Grin

I am quite optimistic about the Mavericks' chances in this playoffs. This is the best team that Luka has had, but I don't need to tell you that. So who knows how far they can go? Also, I keep saying that Kyrie is an awesome player and he has been a good member of the Mavericks team.

I'm just looking forward though, and trying to get ahead of what will need to happen as Kyrie ages. He's 32 going on 33. Do the Mavericks want to wait until he starts to drop off in a year or two? Or do they want to try and get ahead of it too? I can see no better replacement for Kyrie than Dejounte in today's market. Especially if swapping Kyrie for Dejounte will give the Mavericks back an additional asset, since Kyrie should be more valuable at this time... but he may not be in a couple of years.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that having Dejounte at PG will give the option of using a more offense-oriented SG than Josh Green or DJJ (with Luka at SF, PJW at PF, Lively/Gafford at C).

Utah is a state.... Tongue
Like Reply
Early leads are fools’ gold in the nba. This is all good so far. (Oops, thought i was in the game thread.)
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 09:19 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Utah is a state.... Tongue

Context for you: https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/maveri...d-ol-time/

During Dirk's first playoff series against Utah, the Stockton/Malone team went up 2-0 in Utah against Dirk and the Mavs which made Dirk say "Utah is a bad city." 

Obviously doesn't make sense cause Utah is a state but he meant SLC, but the quote was gold. Mavs went on to sweep the Jazz winning 3 straight games and cemented the quote as a solid Dirk-ism and a forever quote whenever the Mavs play the Jazz.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, RGP1981, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 09:23 PM)The Jom Wrote: Early leads are fools’ gold in the nba. This is all good so far. (Oops, thought i was in the game thread.)

Not if they're wire to wire, and lead the whole game. Those still happen on occasion, but I get what you're saying. 20-30 pt leads aren't safe anymore.
Like Reply