Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
@TheSteinLine
The Mavericks will be among the teams pursuing Spencer Dinwiddie on the buyout market, league sources say.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good for them. I hope he enjoys Turkey.

Mavs legends Roddy and Shane Larkin don’t leave enough minutes for him.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheSteinLine
The Mavericks will be among the teams pursuing Spencer Dinwiddie on the buyout market, league sources say.

Great news. I hope he comes back. Burry THJ to the bench.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheSteinLine

Interesting.  Maybe I was wrong of there isn't enough minutes for him.   He has been listless lately, but I am sure he will have a lot of suitors.    I am just not sure there are minutes for him...unless Exum's health is not good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I don’t get the Dinwiddie desire. Would MUCH rather give those minutes to Exum. If this roster is healthy there’s no room for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:33 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I don’t get the Dinwiddie desire. Would MUCH rather give those minutes to Exum. If this roster is healthy there’s no room for him.

Maybe because Kyrie and Exum rarely actually play.
[-] The following 3 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:34 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Maybe because Kyrie and Exum rarely actually play.

That's true. But, is that enough of a role from Dinwiddie's POV???

Bad news for Hardy if they sign Dinwiddie. I'd lean against it for that reason alone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:33 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I don’t get the Dinwiddie desire. Would MUCH rather give those minutes to Exum. If this roster is healthy there’s no room for him.

When has Exum been on the court recently?
[-] The following 4 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:31 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Great news. I hope he comes back. Burry THJ to the bench.

The second unit of Spencer/THJ/Green/Maxi/Gafford 

Is incredibly strong. DIDNT EVEN PUT DJJ THERE!!!

Luka/Dinwiddie 
Kyrie/Green/Hardy
Exum//DJJ
PJ/Maxi/Omax
Lively/Gafford/Powell
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Health has been a big problem. Having a more reliable creator than Curry/Hardy when Irving or Luka are out wouldn't hurt. Question is if SD is willing to accept a minor role.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:20 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I didn't feel like Dinwiddie was a chucker here. He was efficient and played his role well. He's been a chucker on his other teams.

Dinwiddie can fill the Kyrie or Luka role on a lesser level. THJ can't. Dinwiddie can handle the ball, get to the hoop, and make plays. He shot good here too.

But THJ is still here and there are already talks about extension.
Like Reply
Is Exum even alive?

Just gonna assume Josh Green starts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's true. But, is that enough of a role from Dinwiddie's POV???

Bad news for Hardy if they sign Dinwiddie. I'd lean against it for that reason alone.

I would add that the Mavs are more in a win now mode than yesterday and Hardy getting less minutes is likely. Adding talent is always a good thing. Figure the rest out after all the talent is here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Interesting.  Maybe I was wrong of there isn't enough minutes for him.   He has been listless lately, but I am sure he will have a lot of suitors.    I am just not sure there are minutes for him...unless Exum's health is not good.

Dinwiddie just strikes me as a vibes first guy. It's obvious he loved his time in Dallas and he played incredibly well under Kidd.

To be our new 6th man and lead the 2nd unit along with THJ, might be enough for him to rebuild his value. Especially if he has a strong playoff run too
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:36 PM)omahen Wrote: But THJ is still here and there are already talks about extension.

THJ is not a winning player and there are less shots for him now. I know he's here, but I expect a reduced role as it has been the last few games now that players have returned.
Like Reply
Dallas can give $5,405,000 pro-rated- pretty sure the most of any team right now available.

@YossiGozlan
Some potential buyout players that would be free to sign with all teams:

Killian Hayes
Delon Wright
Otto Porter Jr.
Danuel House
Seth Curry
Shake Milton
Devonte Graham
Furkan Korkmaz
Patty Mills
Kira Lewis Jr.
Victor Oladipo
James Bouknight
Robin Lopez
Cory Joseph
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
If you assume Exum is out for the year it makes sense, otherwise it’s odd to me. Dinwiddie may legitimately be the worst perimeter defender I’ve seen on this team the past decade and he’s been reallllllly bad this year overall.

(02-08-2024, 03:36 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Health has been a big problem. Having a more reliable creator than Curry/Hardy when Irving or Luka are out wouldn't hurt. Question is if SD is willing to accept a minor role.

Ya if he wants to take Seth’s now empty role fine but I don’t want him very high in the pecking order here.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:36 PM)omahen Wrote: But THJ is still here and there are already talks about extension.

Aw hell no. Doesn't an extension have to be at current salary or more? He's grossly overpaid on his current contract. I need a link re: those talks before I believe you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:20 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I didn't feel like Dinwiddie was a chucker here. He was efficient and played his role well. He's been a chucker on his other teams.

Dinwiddie can fill the Kyrie or Luka role on a lesser level. THJ can't. Dinwiddie can handle the ball, get to the hoop, and make plays. He shot good here too.

This.  A million times this.  Din is perfect as our 6th man.  Shocked we didn't move THJ in that he's playing up to his contract (sell high).  I'm iffy about Hardy this year.  He's blown so many opportunities to standout, yet has look like a JAG (just a guy).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Dinwiddie would get plenty of playing time here. Guys will always miss games, Luka needs his minutes scaled back anyway, and I suspect he'd take a lot of THJs minutes as a much better ballhandler. He also seemed happy and played some of his best ball here. So I can see it.
[-] The following 5 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, Ghost of Podkolzin, Radical Mavs, Smitty
Like Reply