Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
@GrantAfseth
Gatorade announces Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic as their seventh NBA athlete. He joins Michael Jordan, Jayson Tatum, Karl Anthony Towns, Zion Williamson, Damian Lillard, and Jaden Ivey.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 11:03 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @GrantAfseth
Gatorade announces Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic as their seventh NBA athlete. He joins Michael Jordan, Jayson Tatum, Karl Anthony Towns, Zion Williamson, Damian Lillard, and Jaden Ivey.

Jaden Ivey. Really?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 11:03 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @GrantAfseth
Gatorade announces Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic as their seventh NBA athlete.

Our young man is becoming a national icon!
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 12:41 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Jaden Ivey. Really?

Pretty funny seeing all those names and then seeing Jaden Ivey there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I like Ivey’s game
Like Reply
@NBAPR
The NBA today announced Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Dončić as the NBA Cares Bob Lanier Community Assist Award winner for the month of April.

Dončić is being recognized for his efforts in providing memorable experiences for youth and uplifting communities.

[Image: GMGXEqZWQAEVEgZ?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/noahweber00/status/1...0297540880

@noahweber00
Dallas Mavericks rookie center Dereck Lively II goes perfect on corner threes before Game 3

Click the video to see DLive. Sheesh man if he can develop a 3pt shot, I shudder to think how fucked the league would be.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Landon Thomas
@sixfivelando
I asked Luka Dončić about the physicality and PJ Washington making the pose and protecting the team.

“Amazing. Amazing. I have nothing else to say. The thing he does. He’s a team player. He helps all of us and I’m just really happy we got him on our team.”
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Let’s go!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4003...est-threat
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HIMAV
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 11:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/noahweber00/status/1...0297540880

@noahweber00
Dallas Mavericks rookie center Dereck Lively II goes perfect on corner threes before Game 3

Click the video to see DLive. Sheesh man if he can develop a 3pt shot, I shudder to think how fucked the league would be.

Woudl be more fucked if him, Gafford and all the others could learn to punish the opponents with a little short floater. It´s literally there every game after they commit to Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(7 hours ago)Mavs2021 Wrote: Woudl be more fucked if him, Gafford and all the others could learn to punish the opponents with a little short floater. It´s literally there every game after they commit to Luka.

Totally agree. More important for Mavs centers is to punish smaller players switching on them. This would prevent opponents from going small and just switch PnR. Old school back to the basket center technique
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Mavs2021, rocky164
Like Reply
(7 hours ago)Mavs2021 Wrote: Woudl be more fucked if him, Gafford and all the others could learn to punish the opponents with a little short floater. It´s literally there every game after they commit to Luka.

I am still pounding the table for more PJ in the PnR with Gafford/Lively in the dunker spot.  PJ has the push shot.  Can he make that lob pass to the dunker?  Who is going to leave Kyrie alone in the corner to take the dunker when low man has to step up to PJ?  It just creates a completely different set of problems than the 1-5 PnR the Mavs run or the PnR that isn't really a PnR it's just Luka picking which defender he wants to iso against.

You can use an off ball screen to get the defender you want switched onto PJ as well before getting into your 1-4, 2-4 PnR with PJ and Luka/Kyrie.

I still think PJ is the key to creating more conflict and more "easy" possessions for the Mavs.  Gafford and Lively aren't going to develop a push shot in the middle of the playoffs.  PJ already has one and he just needs to make a few of them to completely disrupt how the Clippers want to play the action.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Mavs2021, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply