Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 Playoffs 2024: Los Angeles Clippers (1-2) vs Dallas Mavericks (2-1)
The Mavs are younger and more athletic than the Clippers. They SHOULD be running them off the floor and wearing them down the longer this series goes. Instead, they are being forced to play too much of a slow, half court game and that's what the Clippers want to do.

When the Mavs play fast, all of their role players are better (see game 3 where the Mavs had 22 fast break points). Between both teams' rotations, there are 5 players age 25 and younger and they all are on the Mavs. You have to use that youth to your advantage because the Clippers will have the advantage in a half court game, especially with Luka playing poorly. Exum is great at pushing the pace but since this series has been a half court game, he's been taken out of it. Green would also be more effective and you also have PJ, Lively, and DJJ who can all run too.

Even when the Clippers make shots, you still have to push the ball up the floor and attack them before allowing their defense to get set. That doesn't mean shooting with 18 seconds on the shot clock. Push the ball, get into the paint to force a mismatch and then run the offense out of that.
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, MavUGA23, rocky164
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1784726825152774454

Kyrie's Harden impression.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 09:17 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: When the Bulls lost, it was MJ's fault. When the Celtics lost, it was Bird's fault. When the Lakers lost, it was Kobe's fault. This comes with the territory of being a generational talent. He doesn't get to pick and choose when he's blamed. It's on him all the time to get his team to win. He's already taking blame and saying he isn't helping Kyrie enough. It's only some fans trying to defend him. He isn't playing up to his standards and that's the difference in the series. If Luka is the best player the rest of this series, we 100% win. If he's not the best player, it's anyone's game. I'm with you on Kidd being a big culprit, but Luka can win this series on his own regardless of Kidd.

I totally agree the loss (if it happens) in this series will be on him. I just think a lot of criticism is not fair. It is not like he is not trying. His shot has not been falling so far, that is the only thing. Otherwise he is playing well on both ends, imho. Him stopping shooting would imho not produce a better result. That is why I am rooting for him hoping every game he comes out of his slump and a playoff Luka we all know from the past shows up.
Like Reply
Reddick on lack of adjustments

https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/17...wcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
Like Reply
Good thoughts from both authors. I will be very surprised if Mavs "appeared demoralized and mentally absent" in game 5, as Jake Kemp offers as one of the possible options. I fully expect their best version of the series.

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2024/04...rs-game-4/
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
If we could eliminate the stagnation sit on the fence watching offensive sets that are either called, or just decided its time to just "chill" on offense starts, it's always bad--- 4 guys stand and watching, and the ball just sits in 1 players hands, then a shot, and nobody moves, then as the ball is almost rebounded by Clippers, the "token" attempt to look like you tried to crash the boards,  drives me to go outside and take a walk when at home, or on the concourse when at games!  Officiating was just not up to the game standards........gotta get game 5--come out and play from tip--no excuse being down 20 and definitely not 30+!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MavUGA23's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
The Clippers really seem to be all in right now based on their history. They feel it should be their time perhaps even more so with KL injury. It explains their usual thuggish play which has always gotten them going since the Blake Griffin Chris Paul days plus their almost desperate but great 3 point shooting. In spite of a lot going their way and some of our guys being victimized at times by their experience and willfulness, we have had control of all 4 of these games at times. We are absolutely good enough to win this series. A couple of positives go more our way and we win this impressively in 6.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 01:13 PM)omahen Wrote: Good thoughts from both authors. I will be very surprised if Mavs "appeared demoralized and mentally absent" in game 5, as Jake Kemp offers as one of the possible options. I fully expect their best version of the series.

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2024/04...rs-game-4/

I liked reading this. Thank you. But I do not question anything about the Mavs mental makeup. They will be more ready for game 5 than at least 12 of the playoff teams I have watched. They may not be more ready than the Clippers. This has been by far the best series and possibly 2 of the very best teams. The Clippers are really good and want this at the highest level. It’s to bad they are also the same hateable team because of how they cross the line so often. But I think we are the best team if things go our way or even fall about the same both ways. Sorry Clippers it is still not your turn and never will be James Harden. I will take a series win for us any way we can get it.
Like Reply