Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
(02-10-2023, 02:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can't even focus on what Harrison is saying. Too distracted by how ridiculous Tim Cato looks.

You mean Tim CatBro?
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
"If there's some wing depth out there that makes sense, maybe some defense, then we'll look at it." - Nico
Like Reply
I've gotta agree with Nico. Green can handle the 3rd ballhandler responsibility. When Luka and Kyrie are both in the lineup it's not a huge role anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 02:40 PM)loki Wrote: I've gotta agree with Nico. Green can handle the 3rd ballhandler responsibility. When Luka and Kyrie are both in the lineup it's not a huge role anyway.

Yeah, I suppose it's cool. Green is probably far enough along to be the "secondary" handler while one of them sits, and one of them will always be on the floor, so...no biggie.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 02:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No, not hard, but I just don't think they're making these decisions that will cost millions in tax money lightly.

I wouldn't read into Silva one way or the other.  I'd guess they are just doing him a solid and putting some extra money in his pocket.
Like Reply
Nothing against Green but this reminds me of last summer when they tried to sell us Frank Ntilikina as the third ballhandler.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 02:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Nothing against Green but this reminds me of last summer when they tried to sell us Frank Ntilikina as the third ballhandler.

If Luka + Kyrie are off the floor, Green + Hardy might be just enough to get your bench unit a little offensive punch.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 03:09 PM)cow Wrote: If Luka + Kyrie are off the floor, Green + Hardy might be just enough to get your bench unit a little offensive punch.

This certainly seems like the plan and one I support. Green running point is a very new development though and something we’re learning about as we go so fingers crossed. Historically when he was out there with Frank, Frank would run point and I kept waiting for that mentality to change so I like Nicos quote here.

One thing I’ve noticed is they don’t seem to view Hardy as a PG at all, I would think we’d see a lot less Wright if they did.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • cow, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 03:17 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This certainly seems like the plan and one I support. Green running point is a very new development though and something we’re learning about as we go so fingers crossed. Historically when he was out there with Frank, Frank would run point and I kept waiting for that mentality to change so I like Nicos quote here.

One thing I’ve noticed is they don’t seem to view Hardy as a PG at all, I would think we’d see a lot less Wright if they did.

Hardy isn't a PG though he had a sweet dish to Josh for a corner three the other night.  Both are capable and comfortable with the ball in their hands.  Josh the more willing passer, Jaden more often looking to score.  At least with the combo, you can't blitz one or the other since whoever isn't getting blitzed can and will attack the paint.  Letting those two run the show is good as it continues to build Josh's confidence and gets Jaden the experience he needs.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • AgGiE1991, From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 03:23 PM)cow Wrote: Hardy isn't a PG though he had a sweet dish to Josh for a corner three the other night.  Both are capable and comfortable with the ball in their hands.  Josh the more willing passer, Jaden more often looking to score.  At least with the combo, you can't blitz one or the other since whoever isn't getting blitzed can and will attack the paint.  Letting those two run the show is good as it continues to build Josh's confidence and gets Jaden the experience he needs.

Agree with all this. Was pretty fun watching them just put non stop pressure on the jazz the other night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 02:36 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1624127527265652736?s=20&t=G54y0HF35VICVK9yWMqhZA

He's playing coy.

IOTW "The Mavs certainly need a wing defender, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious one on the market. Also I don't want to send a message that we're desperate for more defense because we love the guys we have here and Kyrie is sensitive" 

However, I do see at least 4-5 guys that are clearly better than Chris Silva, and having them as an option couldn't hurt. Will Detroit buyout Burks? He's the exact kind of combo guard that can thrive here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavsplswin/status/16...58688?s=61&t=CPpOclEz7a0_qYWkbK-ZTA

Per Stein
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • haveitall, KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BullsTimes/status/16...9415245827
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...0305399809
Like Reply
Holinger posted a ranking of the buyout market. The first tier "guys who might actually make a difference"

1. Westbrook
2. R Jackson
3. Wall
4. Beverly
5. Saric
6. Danny Green, SG, Houston: Memphis moved on from Green when the chance came to upgrade to Luke Kennard, but he still could have value for a contending team looking for some 3-and-D minutes on the wing. One wonders if his former employers in Philly or L.A. would have interest in a reunion.
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:33 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Holinger posted a ranking of the buyout market. The first tier "guys who might actually make a difference"

1. Westbrook
2. R Jackson
3. Wall
4. Beverly
5. Saric
6. Danny Green, SG, Houston: Memphis moved on from Green when the chance came to upgrade to Luke Kennard, but he still could have value for a contending team looking for some 3-and-D minutes on the wing. One wonders if his former employers in Philly or L.A. would have interest in a reunion.

I think it's gonna be R. Jackson, but I wouldn't mind Green.
Like Reply
Next tier is "improbable but in demand"

7. Kelly Oubre, SF, Charlotte: Oubre is still out with a torn ligament in his left hand, but the athletic wing would rocket to the top of this list if the Hornets gave him his wings. That seems unlikely, as his Bird rights are likely much more valuable than whatever they could save in a buyout.

8. Curry
9. Love
10. C Joseph
11. Dragic
12. T Yound
13. Nunn
14. DAJ
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavsplswin/status/16...58688?s=61&t=CPpOclEz7a0_qYWkbK-ZTA

Per Stein

Dammit.

I understand that they don't think they need a third ball-handler (go Josh!), but if the Mavs can't get any of the "premium" buyout candidates with Luka, Kyrie, and Nico, nothing has changed.
Like Reply
Next tier is "guys you've heard of"

15. Rose
16. Barton
17. Ross
Like Reply
(02-10-2023, 04:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think it's gonna be R. Jackson, but I wouldn't mind Green.

Reports say RJ is looking at the Suns. If they're looking at him, he'll go there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply