Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/1623823753330192386?s=20&t=HypdOLejH4PydZlsKDL2LQ

Bummer
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 06:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, he's way not. 

The point is that they literally won't have one. Kleber will most likely be playing most of his minutes at center. 

My guess is that in the absence of DFS, having not replaced him, that Bullock, THJ, Luka, Green will cover all or most of the 3/4 minutes. So, due to wear and tear, I'd at least feel better with another set of legs in the mix that's better than Pinson. 

They won't be able to get away with playing two bigs in the playoffs much. If we don't understand that, we haven't been watching. I'm also doubtful that either Bertans or Morris is the answer. 

Crowder really, really would've helped.
Crowder would have been nice. You’re right though we won’t be able to play 2 bigs in the playoffs. Powell/Maxi/Mcgee is enough. With Wood as more of a big wing

I really think we will force teams into playing small in the playoffs. It will be hard for them to keep up. Maxi is so versatile, I’m fine with him in any tricky matchups
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Mavs can open a roster spot by releasing McKinley Wright so I'd keep an eye on Pat Beverly for sure.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 07:29 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: With Wood as more of a big wing

IMHO, Wood is the least "big wing" like of all the bigs except for McGee. 

Honestly, I think Kleber is the only one of the four with any real positional flex. 

But, I'm sure they'll try to play Wood with Powell. No choice but to try. By the time the playoffs are here, I think they'll have their heads wrapped around how pointless that is. 

We'll see!
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill, The Jom
Like Reply
Another guy I wouldn't mind is Will Barton. Decent help defense and a good shooter. Would be nice to build up that wing depth.

I'm with you KL, I don't think we'll see a lot of dual big men in the playoffs.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 07:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: IMHO, Wood is the least "big wing" like of all the bigs except for McGee. 

Honestly, I think Kleber is the only one of the four with any real positional flex. 

But, I'm sure they'll try to play Wood with Powell. No choice but to try. By the time the playoffs are here, I think they'll have their heads wrapped around how pointless that is. 

We'll see!

It kind of feels like semantics at this point and will probably depend on matchup. If Wood is out there with another big then Maxi/Powell will guard the most dangerous player. sometimes that will be a big and sometimes a wing.

To your point though, this HAS to be addressed this offseason because we won’t get very far playing two bigs.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Pat Bev, PLEASE.

In case we meet the Suns in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 07:34 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Mavs can open a roster spot by releasing McKinley Wright so I'd keep an eye on Pat Beverly for sure.
He’s a two-way player, so not one of the 15. We could release Silva who’s on a 10 day. Frank is another. Theo won’t be released and is the only other potential candidate. So, we could open up 2 spots for vets pretty easily
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 07:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: IMHO, Wood is the least "big wing" like of all the bigs except for McGee. 

We'll see!
It could definitely change any which way. I like the thought in the other thread of Powell/Luka pairing and a Maxi/Wood pairing. Then maybe some Maxi only mixed in for small ball lineups. Wood has his minutes reduced in the playoffs. Maybe the Maxi/Wood combo is the only 2 big combo we can get away with
Like Reply
Updated potential buyout market:
John Wall
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose
Alec Burks
Patrick Beverley
Terrence Ross
Nerlens Noel
Rudy Gay
Will Barton
Danny Green
Kevin Love
Serge Ibaka
Reggie Jackson
Dewayne Dedmon
Corey Joseph
George Hill

Count me out  -- way out, a huge NO! - on Pat Bev. On an LA team that really needed a productive PG, he really spared it up this year. On both ends of the floor.

The players on this list I'd like most:
Alec Burks (but I'm thinking he won't be bought out)
Reggie Jackson
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:57 PM)F Gump Wrote: Updated potential buyout market:
John Wall
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose
Alec Burks
Patrick Beverley
Terrence Ross
Nerlens Noel
Rudy Gay
Will Barton
Danny Green
Kevin Love
Serge Ibaka
Reggie Jackson
Dewayne Dedmon
Corey Joseph
George Hill

Count me out  -- way out, a huge NO! - on Pat Bev. On an LA team that really needed a productive PG, he really spared it up this year. On both ends of the floor.

The players on this list I'd like most:
Alec Burks (but I'm thinking he won't be bought out)
Reggie Jackson

Burks bought out? Where have you seen that? Why? I’d take him over THJ right now.
Like Reply
Isn’t Reggie Jackson the same as Pat Bev? On a team begging for PG play, they traded him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
If there is any chance Burks gets bought out, he would have to be the top choice.  He would be a legit rotational player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I dont see any guys on that list being much help.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I think we need a backup PG for rest days for Luka/Kyrie. Rose would be my top pick but I wouldn't mind Reggie Jackson or Beverly. 

And we need a defender. I see Danny Green finally choosing the Mavs. I could also see Noel making a triumphant return to the Mavs.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:01 PM)Smitty Wrote: Burks bought out? Where have you seen that? Why? I’d take him over THJ right now.

Burks was on a list on prior page of this thread. Not my list. I didn't do any research to see the likelihood, and my general sense of things is that there's no buyout. But if he is bought out, that's the guy I want most -- have been proposing him as a desirable target since the summer, frankly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Isn’t Reggie Jackson the same as Pat Bev? On a team begging for PG play, they traded him.

Just shows you how fragile an NBA career can be.  He was almost out of the league a few years ago and he credited the Clippers/Lue for resurrecting his career which is why he resigned with them without much hesitation.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:53 PM)cow Wrote: Just shows you how fragile an NBA career can be.  He was almost out of the league a few years ago and he credited the Clippers/Lue for resurrecting his career which is why he resigned with them without much hesitation.

I thought that was Batum?  Was it Reggie too?
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:01 PM)Smitty Wrote: Burks bought out? Where have you seen that? Why? I’d take him over THJ right now.

Burks isn't going no where. Where did you hear that?

(02-09-2023, 11:08 PM)mvossman Wrote: I thought that was Batum?  Was it Reggie too?

It was Batum who was waived by Charlotte. Reggie Jackson was bought out by Detroit before signing with the Clippers.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:53 PM)cow Wrote: Just shows you how fragile an NBA career can be.  He was almost out of the league a few years ago and he credited the Clippers/Lue for resurrecting his career which is why he resigned with them without much hesitation.
Ya, I also kindof remember a quote from him that if the Clippers didn’t resign him he was contemplating retiring. Something like that. Wonder if he’ll play for another team if that is the case?
Like Reply