Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
(02-09-2023, 04:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I just don´t see the need for another SG sized wing. Would Danny Green actually get minutes over THJ, Bullock and Josh Green?
The way I see it priorities should be a bigger wing (hard to find), 3rd ballhandler and versatile big that can play both roles...solo big and next to Wood/Kleber/Powell.

In the absence of a wing as big as DFS or bigger, I think you’ll see that the 4 spot gets manned by Luka and Bullock in the playoffs. So, another one (Green would be great) might be the best they can do.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 04:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: In the absence of a wing as big as DFS or bigger, I think you’ll see that the 4 spot gets manned by Luka and Bullock in the playoffs. So, another one (Green would be great) might be the best they can do.

Reggie did pretty well defensively yesterday against all those big Clippers, but I'm reminded of his quote from last year about him being more of a perimeter defender and DFS being the one who guards bigger players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Russ goes Miami or Clippers I think..Dedmond and Barton(if bought) I think would fit well..Barton used to be a good 3D guy with drive..I don't know if falling off his game or Wizards is not a good place for him be..Nwaba/Snell/Harkless not sure they can help much
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheLeadSM/status/162...8241879047
Like Reply
danny green ain't a PF either imho. he may still be a better defender than the guys we currently have at SG/SF but it is wing defense that we need bad right now. josh may fill that role but he's also a bit small in size i think.
Like Reply
https://hoopshype.com/rumor/spurs-waive-dewayne-dedmon/

(02-09-2023, 05:01 PM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheLeadSM/status/162...8241879047

Burks and Love, please.
Like Reply
I would like to add 3 pieces:

Pat-Beverly, Luka is a different player when he has a Morris and Pat Beverly chirping at him in the playoffs! PB in, Silva out

Danny Green - Green is just one of those guys that is not especially elite at a given facet of the game, but he is like your #4 starter on a pitching staff - a minutes eater that won't "win" the game, but doesn't get you beat very often either. DG in Frank OUT

A BIG - KLove, Nerlens. etc BIG in Morris OUT
Like Reply
i think cuban is already eyeing next season, with a silent admission that we ain't a contender this season against the likes of Suns and Nuggets, not to mention the eastern powers such as celtics and 76ers. our 11' champion team ain't got the best talents but the team was awesomely balanced, with a good mixture of experience/skills/energy on both ends of the court, but our squad now looks lopsided. we had the chance to make further moves to strengthen it but our FO ain't doing nothing after the kyrie deal, and we're now scavenging useful pieces from the scraps other teams ditched. we signed peja from waivers in 2011 if i remember correct, and dude made some contributions to our campaign, but it's not like we could've got Marion that same way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • MAVS-SLO
Like Reply
If he took out McMahon harder, there is no double Cuban would have signed Wall.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...50432?s=20&t=GJbJ8KuKbSVwM6JwdQQcVA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 04:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: In the absence of a wing as big as DFS or bigger, I think you’ll see that the 4 spot gets manned by Luka and Bullock in the playoffs. So, another one (Green would be great) might be the best they can do.
I think you’re gonna be the one who’s surprised at the amount of time we spend playing 2 bigs with Powell, Maxi snd Wood being in the 8 man rotation. If McGee decides to have a pulse like last night, he might even be the 9th man in the rotation if we can’t get a buyout candidate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Pat Bev and Ibaka. Waive Frank to make it happen
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 05:45 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: i think cuban is already eyeing next season, with a silent admission that we ain't a contender this season against the likes of Suns and Nuggets, not to mention the eastern powers such as celtics and 76ers. our 11' champion team ain't got the best talents but the team was awesomely balanced, with a good mixture of experience/skills/energy on both ends of the court, but our squad now looks lopsided. we had the chance to make further moves to strengthen it but our FO ain't doing nothing after the kyrie deal, and we're now scavenging useful pieces from the scraps other teams ditched. we signed peja from waivers in 2011 if i remember correct, and dude made some contributions to our campaign, but it's not like we could've got Marion that same way.

Agree.

I'm pretty happy how we handled TDL. We aren't a championship team yet, but we make massive progress in that direction. Not sending 1 remaining 1 round pick also suggest (for a player like Bogdanovic) that maybe FO is looking in the summer to make that step further and wasn't making desperate moves which wouldn't improve us in the next seasons.

We've basically get from ''this is going nowhere, tank please,'' to a we are 1 piece away of becoming a championship team in 1 week. 

We got Wood and Kyrie for a really good price, now it's on the FO to extend them so we can attack championship in the next year.

That roster of:

Wood - Powell - McGee
? - Kleber - Morris
Green - Bullock - Pinson
Kyrie - Hardaway - Hardy
Luka - ? - Ntilkina

Is pretty good playoff team. 

If we can get Reggie Jackson on buyout i think we can say we are 1 piece away from becoming real contender.

That team going into next season, that's pretty strong team and we will see what is going to happen also in other teams. From what we've seen in the last season(s) our FO didn't overpay for a players, so it will be interesting to see if they can also find and bring something similar also on 4-3.
Like Reply
Burks wouldn't be bad.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623804707230687234?s=20&t=oXL4OBF4Y6ePm42rVumWwA
Like Reply
Brett Siegel
@BrettSiegelNBA

Key names to watch in buyout market:

Russell Westbrook (LAL --> UTA)
Patrick Beverley (LAL --> ORL)
Danny Green (MEM --> HOU)
John Wall (LAC --> HOU)
Khem Birch (TOR --> SAS)
Serge Ibaka (MIL --> IND)
Will Barton (WAS)
Richaun Holmes (SAC)
Kevin Love (CLE
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1623796111654674432?s=20&t=dFs4w3nNjbCg5nc13cmZsg
Like Reply
We will learn a lot about the Mavs ability to recruit players. Mavs used to be one of the last teams to get a turn and usually ended up with guys that no one else wanted. Would be a real sign of improvement if they can land one of the bigger names.
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 06:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We will learn a lot about the Mavs ability to recruit players. Mavs used to be one of the last teams to get a turn and usually ended up with guys that no one else wanted. Would be a real sign of improvement if they can land one of the bigger names.
Yep. I think we’ll get pick of the litter. It’s a good feeling and glad we didn’t do anything stupid
Like Reply
ibaka ain't a bad one as a short term measure imho. dude got championship experience and his defensive awareness can also help the team a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 05:04 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: danny green ain't a PF either imho. he may still be a better defender than the guys we currently have at SG/SF but it is wing defense that we need bad right now. josh may fill that role but he's also a bit small in size i think.

Oh, he's way not. 

The point is that they literally won't have one. Kleber will most likely be playing most of his minutes at center. 

My guess is that in the absence of DFS, having not replaced him, that Bullock, THJ, Luka, Green will cover all or most of the 3/4 minutes. So, due to wear and tear, I'd at least feel better with another set of legs in the mix that's better than Pinson. 

They won't be able to get away with playing two bigs in the playoffs much. If we don't understand that, we haven't been watching. I'm also doubtful that either Bertans or Morris is the answer. 

Crowder really, really would've helped.
Like Reply