Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
(03-05-2023, 05:28 AM)Knutsen Wrote: Only a 10-day-contract, interesting - so there wasn’t any real market for him. Or maybe he wants to test his new team as well before committing?

Is a 10-day-contract keeping him eligible to play in the playoffs for another team, does anybody know?

This would not be a Noel choice. He is just not that special -- NBA front offices obviously believe he's not the player we keep thinking he can be.

When the 10-day is up, he can sign elsewhere, or sign again with BKN, and be playoff eligible in any of that, unless BKN waives him before the 10-day ends.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
He'll regret not signing that Dallas contract for the rest of his days. Oof.
Like Reply
(03-05-2023, 03:50 PM)F Gump Wrote: This would not be a Noel choice. He is just not that special -- NBA front offices obviously believe he's not the player we keep thinking he can be.

When the 10-day is up, he can sign elsewhere, or sign again with BKN, and be playoff eligible in any of that, unless BKN waives him before the 10-day ends.

Thanks for the clarification! 
So there‘s still a glimmer of hope left… Sure he‘s not the difference maker he was meant to be when he was drafted. But instead of Powell or McGee in a playoff series? I‘d take a flyer on him immediately.
Like Reply
(03-05-2023, 06:05 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Thanks for the clarification! 
So there‘s still a glimmer of hope left… Sure he‘s not the difference maker he was meant to be when he was drafted. But instead of Powell or McGee in a playoff series? I‘d take a flyer on him immediately.

So the Noel Experience is probably over for the Nets, they are looking to make the great Moses Brown his successor. Very unimpressive showing, but I‘d still give him a look if we‘re serious about trying a playoff push instead of tanking. Playing with two playmakers is different than on a team with 10 small forwards…
Like Reply
If the Nets so willingly let him go after a 10 day and the Pistons never played him, really makes me wonder what Noel has left. 

Maybe it's just bad luck twice in a row going to 2 bad situations for him and the Mavs are just the place he needs. I'm not so sure that's the case though.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Yes Noel very well might not have anything left.  But Dallas could have two big man in McGee and Morris who may not be of any help in a playoff series.  Does that make Dallas roll the dice with a other big man.

I am also interested if they decide to cut someone and bring Wright up so he could get playoff minutes.
Like Reply
(03-17-2023, 07:27 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yes Noel very well might not have anything left.  But Dallas could have two big man in McGee and Morris who may not be of any help in a playoff series. 

3 unplayable bigs eating up roster spots would be better than 2? Noel is really not an answer at all.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Mapka, MFFL
Like Reply
(03-17-2023, 04:08 PM)F Gump Wrote: 3 unplayable bigs eating up roster spots would be better than 2? Noel is really not an answer at all.

Yeah, people aren't really wrapping their heads around the idea that Noel (and others) weren't brought in because the coaches and front office don't think they're better than the options they have. So, they wouldn't even be playing. Powell, Kleber and Wood are what they have, and if they'd have thought they could do better, they probably would've pulled the trigger.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, people aren't really wrapping their heads around the idea that Noel (and others) weren't brought in because the coaches and front office don't think they're better than the options they have. So, they wouldn't even be playing. Powell, Kleber and Wood are what they have, and if they'd have thought they could do better, they probably would've pulled the trigger.

Problem is, the West goes through Denver. And Jokic will eat our big men rotation alive if we make it that far. I’m not saying Noel could slow the Joker down, but I know for sure that McGee and Powell can‘t - and Morris won‘t help as well, at least if he doesn’t make Jokic kill him a second time.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 01:37 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Problem is, the West goes through Denver. And Jokic will eat our big men rotation alive if we make it that far. I’m not saying Noel could slow the Joker down, but I know for sure that McGee and Powell can‘t - and Morris won‘t help as well, at least if he doesn’t make Jokic kill him a second time.

Right, I don't think anyone is suggesting the Mavs are well positioned to feel great about their front court. 

But NOBODY wanted Noel...he had to sign a 10 day. I think that means it's safe to assume he's worse than Powell, Kleber and Wood, no?
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 01:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Right, I don't think anyone is suggesting the Mavs are well positioned to feel great about their front court. 

But NOBODY wanted Noel...he had to sign a 10 day. I think that means it's safe to assume he's worse than Powell, Kleber and Wood, no?

We´ll never know whether Powell is a 10 day contract player, cause he´ll retire a Maverick with at least a McGee contract.....at 55. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply