Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (+4, 3 blks, 2 stls, 13 rbds)
5.56%
2 5.56%
THJ (-1, 26 pts, 6/9 threes)
33.33%
12 33.33%
Luka (+3, 42 pts, 11 asts, 9 rbds, 2 TOs)
58.33%
21 58.33%
Delon (+20, 5 pts, 4 asts, 4 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Seth (+6, 11 pts, 2 asts)
2.78%
1 2.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (58%) & Runner-up THJ (33%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who raised their game above normal to get the team the win?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/nba/status/1200636406948880386?s=21
Like Reply
Luka was going to get his points tonight but without Tim stepping up the mavs lose this game.
Like Reply
THJ for excellent game on both ends of the floor
Like Reply
I voted Luka for his unreal box score and aggressive, gutsy play. THJ did have it going tonight tho and his defense on Booker was key. Quick shouout to Delon and his +20... He had some crafty defensive plays down the stretch that helped keep things moving on the right direction for the Mavs.
Like Reply
Man, solid defense from THJ on Booker, Delon with the insane +20, and KP crashing the boards and defending the paint.

Luka with another insane night filling up the stat sheet, he's going to drop 50 one night real soon. And THJ on offense as a starter is a revelation. Starting to look like he might be the real deal as a #3.

My vote goes to KP. In spite of a putrid offensive night, he still directly impacted the outcome of this game with his defense and rebounding. A consummate star impacts the game even when they're not at their best on offense. Some people seem to think that the other end of the court isn't important.
Like Reply
Luka, he pretty much dragged us to this win 

Honorable mention to THJ with a hot shooting game
Like Reply
THJ and KP definitely picked up ALL the slack from the other players on the offense and defensive end respectively, but I mean c'mon. Luka drops another 40+points 10+ assist night and I'm debating not giving him the Dirkie?? 

Luka all the way, but honorable mention to THJ and KP.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/FMTSuyXBBQs
Like Reply
I had to vote Luka on this one because to me, the most impressive 2 stats of his line, and most uncharacteristic (becoming less so) is 11 assists and 2 turnovers.
Last year he had a 1.76 A:TO ratio, this season he has a 2.13 A:TO ratio, this game he had a 5.5 A:TO ratio. I applaud this and hope it keeps up!
Like Reply
Go Time is correct.
Like Reply
He is currently #76 in A:TO ratio in the NBA. I'd love to see him reach somewhere in the 3-4 range in this stat putting him in the #6 to 27 range. Coincidentally Wright has a 4 A:TO ratio and is the #6 player in the rating.
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 09:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I had to vote Luka on this one because to me, the most impressive 2 stats of his line, and most uncharacteristic (becoming less so) is 11 assists and 2 turnovers.
Last year he had a 1.76 A:TO ratio, this season he has a 2.13 A:TO ratio, this game he had a 5.5 A:TO ratio. I applaud this and hope it keeps up!
Good point.

(11-30-2019, 01:15 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Luka, he pretty much dragged us to this win 
I know KP has to be really upset with himself for his offense. Mavs really need him to be efficient.

But yeah, Luka is a beast.
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 01:15 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Honorable mention to THJ with a hot shooting game

At some point, it stops being a hot streak and becomes what we can look forward to from him moving onward.
Like Reply
I am going to have to stop voting for THJ in the Dirkie polls because he is doing it so consistently...  downside of getting your crap together is people are going to start expecting it now!  Happy for him. It is huge for the Mavs that he is balancing out the lineup. Despite what people were saying, he is a solid all-around player with good BBIQ - he was just in a shooting funk that was mostly due to him being asked to create vs spot up shooting which he is one of the best in the league at throughout his career.  Good on RC for making the right call and getting him on track!

KP had a throwaway game on offense.  RC needs to get him going.  KP seemed to lose confidence out there last night - he wasn't shooting so much as aiming it at the rim and getting it out of his hand like it was a grenade about to go off.  His defense and rebounding have been top notch.  Sending good vibes to KP to get things on track!

Luka was in vintage Dirk mode where he just took the team on his back and refused to lose this game - by any means necessary.  I give shout out thanks to the Suns and particularly Baynes for playing the villain worthy of mounting this charge.  You know that half the players on the Mavs wanted to punch that dick in the face this game.  He has to have a flopping fine coming, right?   I have to be honest in my view of this game, the Suns will be a tough out when they get Ayton back.  I don't know if Luka will get so many easy looks at the rim with him in there.  Suns are legit.
Like Reply
Baynes flopping is par for the course what really pissed me off was that he was shoving players to the ground multiple time with no calls. Those aren't basketball plays.
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 03:44 PM)bin610 Wrote: Baynes flopping is par for the course what really pissed me off was that he was shoving players to the ground multiple time with no calls. Those aren't basketball plays.

His whole game.  Seriously.  I can't believe the refs allowed him to play like that.  Flopping and pushing.  There was one time where he shoved Wright to the ground with no call, then when Wright was talking to the official about it running back up court, Baynes stopped in front of him and acted like he got shot as he went down.  In what world can Wright, at a simple jog, come close to knocking Baynes down?   WTH?  The same guy would set a bone crushing pick if that was what he had wanted to do.  And he has done.  Just a dirty game by him.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs sent in a reel to the NBA on him from that game.
Like Reply