Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: WB+1st+JTA| Conley+NAW to MIN 2 2nds| Dlo+Beasley+ Vando to LA
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...jm5YctAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
A good deal for Lakers, imho. They kept one pick and got three solid players to help their stars. Playoff fight will be crazy
Like Reply
I think Minny are the big winners of this trade. I think Conley will be great for them, better than Russel, and they got draft capital along the way.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 04:36 AM)omahen Wrote: I think Minny are the big winners of this trade. I think Conley will be great for them, better than Russel, and they got draft capital along the way.

I also think the Wolves are winners in this deal, but I´m also sure Ainge doesn´t see it that way. I´m 99% sure he could have gotten more than the protected 1st, BUT what he did with this trade was to make sure the Jazz will be overtaken by the Lakers, so he increased the draft value of the most important pick the Jazz have: their own. And likely Ainge also thinks there is a chance it makes the T-Wolves worse, whose pick they own this year.
Like Reply
I believe it was a good trade for all 3 teams, which is rare. I was surprised that Ainge only got 1 pick for the 3 players since he seemed sincere that he wanted a pick for each.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 04:36 AM)omahen Wrote: I think Minny are the big winners of this trade. I think Conley will be great for them, better than Russel, and they got draft capital along the way.

I honestly think the Lakers made out like bandits. They turned WB and a protected 1st into 3 solid role players. 

That's insane value. I don't see why the Wolves did it. Conley is a great PG, but is he that much better than Russell this year?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:26 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's insane value. I don't see why the Wolves did it. Conley is a great PG, but is he that much better than Russell this year?

I agree. That makes you think that Wood and unprotected first could have some real value. 

Russel is more of a SG than PG while Conley is the real floor general. I think he will fit much better with the offensive talent Minny has.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:43 AM)omahen Wrote: I agree. That makes you think that Wood and unprotected first could have some real value. 

Russel is more of a SG than PG while Conley is the real floor general. I think he will fit much better with the offensive talent Minny has.

I definitely see where you're coming from in terms of fit, but Conley can't really defend that well anymore.

But on paper, yes it should be a better fit. I'm still giving it an incomplete grade until I see the Wolves perform.
Like Reply
Kuzma + KCP + Harrel + #1 ---> Westbrook + #1 --> Russell + Beasley + Vanderbilt

Lakers burned two first round picks to turn two starters and a hustle guy into two starters and a hustle guy.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 06:06 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Kuzma + KCP + Harrel + #1 ---> Westbrook + #1 --> Russell + Beasley + Vanderbilt

Lakers burned two first round picks to turn two starters and a hustle guy into two starters and a hustle guy.

That's cute 'n' all, but the sad fact is that the Lakers improved their squad at the expense of the pigeons in Minnie.
Like Reply