Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1377969154
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2241840133
Like Reply
OMG THEY ACTUALLY DID IT
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Mavericks are sending Dorian Finney-Smith, Spencer Dinwiddie, a 2027 first-round pick and second round picks to the Nets, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Pick package to Nets: 2029 first-round pick and two second-round picks, per sources." / Twitter
Like Reply
It’s done.  Big gamble. Had to do it though. If, and it’s a big if, Kyrie is right, the Mavs can deal them self back in.
Like Reply
Let's go! Team is going to be exciting. The west is wide open this year.
Like Reply
I don’t like that deal at all. The 29 pick instead of the 28 too? So dumb. SD and DFS should have been enough for 2 months of Kyrie. Negotiating skills, not so good.

Actually more than enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The 29 pick instead of the 28 too?

Likely because 27 is also going somewhere
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/masonginsberg/status...01249?s=46&t=TzGE3Vxh0MzfS-wCMnxysA

Yup
[-] The following 6 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • Branduil, From Dirk to Luka, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Let's be clear. Kyrie and Brunson are not even in the same conversation. Like or hate Kyrie, he's one of the best in the league.
[-] The following 3 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • khaled1987, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I’d rather have kept Brunson and been able to build deliberately. But, the Mavs were screwed with this roster. They had to reset. Kyrie is an Uber talent and a good fit with Luka.  But he probably isn’t going to be able to keep a lid on things. The Mavs still need to move some offense for defense to make it really work.
Like Reply
If Mavs don't re-sign or extend any of Kyrie, Wood, or Powell, then they will have 20M-ish in cap room this summer, with

C-   Maxi, McGee
PF- Bertans
SF -Green, Bullock
SG- Hardaway, Hardy
PG- Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:32 PM)F Gump Wrote: If Mavs don't re-sign or extend any of Kyrie, Wood, or Powell, then they will have 20M-ish in cap room this summer, with

C-   Maxi, McGee
PF- Bertans
SF -Green, Bullock
SG- Hardaway, Hardy
PG- Luka

I imagine they'll have even more cap space when Luka forces his way out after taking a single glance at that roster.
[-] The following 5 users Like Branduil's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Mavsfan12, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:32 PM)F Gump Wrote: If Mavs don't re-sign or extend any of Kyrie, Wood, or Powell, then they will have 20M-ish in cap room this summer, with

THJ for LeVert and there is the max cap space to dream about Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:35 PM)omahen Wrote: THJ for LeVert and there is the max cap space to dream about Smile

LOL

I'd probably do that deal (any deal, frankly) to get THJ away from here. I think that would be addition by subtraction. Just to move off of THJ, and not for the cap room per se, because I don't think they will really pursue cap room (I expect Kyrie to get a new deal here at massive money, sooner or later).  

However, I prefer to know how we can swap THJ-plus-something for Bogey (DET).
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • rocky164, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Not surprised...Cuban knew this was his best chance to get a superstar since it won't happen in free agency. They were willing to give up as much as needed
Like Reply
Let's recognize that Mavs are ALL IN on Kyrie. They used their pile of assets (limited as it is) to land him, so their intent is going to be to keep him and build around he and Luka.

It will be interesting to see what they can do to build out the roster from here.
[-] The following 4 users Like F Gump's post:
  • AgGiE1991, BigDirk41, omahen, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:54 PM)F Gump Wrote: Let's recognize that Mavs are ALL IN on Kyrie. They used their pile of assets (limited as it is) to land him, so their intent is going to be to keep him and build around he and Luka.

It will be interesting to see what they can do to build out the roster from here.

According to Stein that isn´t a given.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...1413701633
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:24 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Let's be clear. Kyrie and Brunson are not even in the same conversation. Like or hate Kyrie, he's one of the best in the league.

27/5/5 vs. 23/5/5. Mentally and physically reliable healthy leader vs. mentally and physically broken volatile team cancer.

Career playing with LeBron/Love, Durant/Harden and Tatum/Brown and still couldn´t be happy anywhere long-term. Hey but I´m sure at age 30 on a 4 1/2 year contract this time it will be different. Big Grin

(02-05-2023, 03:54 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: According to Stein that isn´t a given.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...1413701633

I love Cuban.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Branduil
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:55 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: 27/5/5 vs. 23/5/5. Mentally and physically reliable healthy leader vs. mentally and physically broken volatile team cancer.

Career playing with LeBron/Love, Durant/Harden and Tatum/Brown and still couldn´t be happy anywhere long-term. Hey but I´m sure at age 30 on a 4 1/2 year contract this time it will be different. Big Grin

I love Cuban.

I enjoy your negativity. Enjoy hating the trade.
Like Reply