Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.24%
15 88.24%
Suns
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (12-6) @ PHX (8-10) | 120-113 win
Hope Tim is ok. Big collision
Like Reply
Phoenix being in the penalty early was crucial
Like Reply
It seems like Phoenix watched the Clippers game and decided to play physical.  But they forgot they aren't that good and just look out of control.
Like Reply
That was like a football play lol
Like Reply
Come on Ricky they aren’t falling for your bullshit attempt to take a charge there
Like Reply
Good team win
Like Reply
Timmy once again making me eat a crow
Like Reply
Luka controlled the offense as KP controlled the defense, THJ with timely shots
Like Reply
KP almost pulled an Embiid
Like Reply
Luka 42-11-9. 1 rebound shy of a triple double. Luka was chasing that last rebound lol.
Like Reply
So glad we won in Phoenix! Mavs were physical back and that was good to see.
Like Reply
Ugly game, important win. THJ was a difference maker. Efficient offensively and main guy on defense. Pretty much locked down Booker. Rest of the team were just terrible offensively.
Like Reply
Booker always use to kill the Mavs, I remember him hitting game winners vs Matthews. THJ really played good defense on him in this game
Like Reply
Just finished the game and all I can say is Halleluka. 

We're witnessing some history so far. He is incredible.

KP had one of his roughest games on offense probably for his career tonight, but he still came up huge with timely rebounds, steals, and blocks, so I'm willing to look past his horrid shooting night. 

Baynes is so good at his job as an annoying disrupter. He just flopped, constantly fell down and played extremely physical. BUT the Mavs overcame it, and even matched the physicality tonight, which was great to see. But if the Mavs want to match physicality, they have to remain focused. There was a good portion of the 3rd where the Mavs just wanted to play physical and not actually play basketball, but they fought back in the end. 

This game also made me realize how great a player like Andre Igoudala would be on this team. He's EXACTLY what we need on the perimeter. He can't shoot a 3 to save his life, but with DFS missing wide open 3's already, I'm sure the Mavs would be just fine.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
As THJ was moved to starting 5, the bench is not really good anymore. 3 guards on the floor together with Jackson on 4. Mainly just passing the ball around the three point line with Brunson being the only one willing to try to be creative in offense. And he has his limitations.
Like Reply
OH I almost forgot to mention just how absolutely god-awful Powell is/was. 

I am so tired of the Powell experiment. He sometimes can have great stretches, but as a player, he's so one-dimensional and flawed. He really shouldn't get more than 5mpg every other night. He'd be a fantastic 3rd string guy but as a starter playing 25+ minutes?? I can't stomach it.

If the Mavs had Baynes they'd be in such a good spot. He does literally everything we wish Powell could do. He can hit the 3, rebound, defend, and he's a tough dude. Mavs need to find a trade for Powell yesterday.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-29-2019, 11:54 PM)omahen Wrote: As THJ was moved to starting 5, the bench is not really good anymore. 3 guards on the floor together with Jackson on 4. Mainly just passing the ball around the three point line with Brunson being the only one willing to try to be creative in offense. And he has his limitations.

I dunno what you've been watching, but THJ was absolutely not the reason the bench played well. Man was shooting 30 percent from the floor and was taking horrid shots left and right. Being in the starting lineup has taken the ball out of his hands and doesn't require him to create for himself. When you are asking him to create all the time, he is simply not capable, but off the ball with a low usage rate he has been excelling (why he starts and almost has been exclusively been playing next to Luka)

(11-29-2019, 11:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: OH I almost forgot to mention just how absolutely god-awful Powell is/was.

I am so tired of the Powell experiment. He sometimes can have great stretches, but as a player, he's so one-dimensional and flawed. He really shouldn't get more than 5mpg every other night. He'd be a fantastic 3rd string guy but as a starter playing 25+ minutes?? I can't stomach it.

If the Mavs had Baynes they'd be in such a good spot. He does literally everything we wish Powell could do. He can hit the 3, rebound, defend, and he's a tough dude. Mavs need to find a trade for Powell yesterday.

I don't think the Mavs will trade him this year. RC and the MBT seem to be in love with him and it seems like he is one of those players we will never give up. Not sure what kind of value he has at the current juncture as I would think whoever we bring in would not push the needle.
Like Reply
(11-29-2019, 11:58 PM)Tetra Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 11:54 PM)omahen Wrote: As THJ was moved to starting 5, the bench is not really good anymore. 3 guards on the floor together with Jackson on 4. Mainly just passing the ball around the three point line with Brunson being the only one willing to try to be creative in offense. And he has his limitations.

I dunno what you've been watching, but THJ was absolutely not the reason the bench played well. Man was shooting 30 percent from the floor and was taking horrid shots left and right.
 I know he was bad. But bench was good and now is not. I guess he was drawing the attention of opposing defense which gave more room for the other guys.
Like Reply
I'm still mystified by the Powell extension. It's one thing to value loyalty but he's just not that good. Career bench player and it shows.
Like Reply
Gawd Powell is awful . Every minute he's on the floor is a wasted minute.
Like Reply