Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(03-21-2023, 08:37 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Respectfully, I disagree. He does not deserve a better roster. His poor coaching was on display all season. A better roster doesn't teach you how to run plays, draw up in bound plays, or take timeouts to stop runs. This is coaching 101 done at the youth level. I like Kidd as a player. He's an all time great and helped the Mavs win a championship. That being said, he is the wrong coach for this team and most importantly, for Luka.

I am not comfortable at a place defending Kidd, so don't take this as I am on Kidd island.  I was against the hire last year, but thought he was great last year down the stretch.   I am still kicking myself I wasn't more aware that things could go sour in year two.   I should have been a little more cautious.

Regarding the plays, I agree.    I don't like the stand and watch offense.   But while their end of game execution has been a problem for years, the offense with Luka has always been very good with Carlisle and Kidd.   I have always wanted a more GS focus offense and less Harden offense.

On timeouts, there are a lot of really good coaches who want players to play through runs.   The Boston coach this year is one and Phil Jackson is famous for not calling timeouts.  There is probably a balance there but I don't think it is cut and dry that one way is better than the other.

If Luka is not happy, Kidd and Nico are probably gone.  But by all accounts, Luka appears much closer to Kidd and Nico than Cuban.   That is just my speculation though.    I would be shocked if Kidd is not back next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by Chicagojk - 03-21-2023, 09:24 AM