Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(03-21-2023, 07:24 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It may end the way most think, but I really think you need to give him a better roster first.  I think he deserves that.   Maybe I am wrong and this year has been tough all the way around.  But the gaps in the roster were easy to see this offseason.  Why did they not try to fill?    Maybe Kidd was the one saying we were good.  But it is crazy they went into the season with clear holes in the roster.    I don't think they could have filled all the holes especially after botching the Jalen FA.  But they could have made smart gambles on players who could have at least could have band aid stop gaps.

Don Nelson's teams were flawed, but he is mad scientist of sorts that his teams were dangerous. 
RC's teams (Mavs teams) weren't power houses but even those seasons when Dirk was waning -- he has found ways to make the best of what he has. Some guys in here do not like him, but I never felt the Mavs were at a disadvantage coaching wise when he was here.
I thought Avery wasn't good. He wasn't. But after his term, Dirk was a better player at the post.
Still he had to go and I was glad the Mavs got rid of him.

Kidd is a new low as far as head coaches go.
Sure he deserves a better roster, but he did kinda' made roster building harder than it should be.
There are rumors/reports he had a hand in signing McGee.  That's one.
Another one is Wood.
Had Kidd handled things differently, the Mavs might have gotten themselves a fair extension, a better trade out of him, or even a possibility of signing Wood back.
So yeah, Kidd in some ways had a hand in this roster and next season's roster.

But let's say the Mavs get Siakam and OG without losing Kyrie, Luka and Green.
Would anyone here say the Mavs would be contenders?

I wouldn't.
As long as Kidd is the coach.
I just feel like, Kidd's not going to be able to maximize the talent a team has.

Get rid of him now and not wait to see what happens should be the approach -- we're wasting years of Luka here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 03-21-2023, 08:50 AM