Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(03-15-2023, 06:44 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1...08064?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

Using the word "WE" is proper and respectful, as an employee -- in this case, Jason Kidd, represents the Mavs and the Mavs coaching staff in particular.
But I can't help it. In my mind, his use of the word "WE" is malicious.

Early on he did the same thing with Green.
"WE need to get Green more playing time" - not the exact wording perhaps, but the constant is the word "WE".

He is the head coach and he can't give Green more minutes? Who's stopping him?
This right here is what he is doing --- passing the blame or at least, spreading the blame.
This is lack of accountability in display.

Now let's go back to what he Kidd said this time: 

"We talked about that the other night with our bigs. Some people believe Powell is the best center we can play. Some would say C Wood [Christian Wood]. Some would say JaVale [McGee]. Some would say Maxi [Kleber]. Some would say Markieff [Morris]. So I have about six centers. Everybody can pick from one and feel comfortable about playing them..."

The "I" here is kinda' weird. But he put the "I" in there in a non-decision like statement, although it's still wrong because he doesn't have six centers. 

But anyway, the point here is -- Kidd is saying this as if the coaching staff is composed of people with equal power and he has to adhere to what those people are saying. Kidd says "we talked about it" -- what's there to talk about? If I were Kidd and an assistant coach tells me McGee or even Morris is the best center on the team, I'd slap them senseless. So, this talk -- didn't happen.

So, yeah.. Kidd just doesn't want the blame pinned on him.
But this thing right here is so obviously on him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 03-15-2023, 08:16 PM