Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(03-01-2023, 10:35 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, a working theory. 

Kidd as a player didn’t like coaches when he was on the court. The BKN story told us some stars don’t want coaches to interfere with their game. Luka was not all that happy with RC’s in game coaching and sounded like he was tuning him out toward the end.

Is Kidd coaching his players to be good pick up ballers? I don’t think it’s about him being bad at drawing up inbound plays, I think he’s all about getting a good decision maker the ball and let them go to work. That’s what he wanted as a player, that’s what he’s doing as a coach. 

I also think it’s what Luka and Kyrie want from him and why there is so much talk of players wanting to play for him.

I don’t know any of this for sure, that’s why it’s a working theory. To me though, it just explains a lot of the comments Kidd has made to the media and why he gets so perplexed at some lines of questioning.

On that note, I do believe organized ball with a coach who coaches players up is better than this glorified pick up game style.

That part of it is annoying but I can live with it. Especially with Kyrie added on. If they can't figure out the late game dynamics then I blame them more than I blame Kidd.
I'm just hating Kidd's liineups and rotations at the moment. There's no world where Holiday should have started and played over 20 minutes last night. That would have made sense when Green and Maxi were out but not now
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Kidd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays - by Jym - 03-01-2023, 02:14 PM