Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
When Milwaukee figured out that Kidd shouldn’t be their coach, they became instant title contenders. The Mavs are really just one move, and maybe a couple of minor tweaks, away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
our roster ain't champion caliber imho. kidd is the wrong guy to hire as our coach but im afraid that's just one of the many issues that need to be addressed. 23' draft is stacked supposedly, it ain't bad if we could somehow retain our 23' pick (top10 protected). with a top ten pick we'll get an excellent prospect that can develop into an all star within a couple of years. then I think it'll be our time to dominate the league, hopefully. i'd like to have our 11' legends like TC and Kidd on the coaching staff, but not as the coach please.
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 01:12 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: When Milwaukee figured out that Kidd shouldn’t be their coach, they became instant title contenders. The Mavs are really just one move, and maybe a couple of minor tweaks, away.

I'm not sure about the part where the Mavs need to do just minor tweaks, but I'm at a point that even if the Mavs managed to get Siakam while retaining Kyrie and Green, the Mavs would still be at a major disadvantage because of Kidd.

He'd find a way to lose, because he isn't a good coach.
Not mediocre even.
Like Reply
So, a working theory. 

Kidd as a player didn’t like coaches when he was on the court. The BKN story told us some stars don’t want coaches to interfere with their game. Luka was not all that happy with RC’s in game coaching and sounded like he was tuning him out toward the end.

Is Kidd coaching his players to be good pick up ballers? I don’t think it’s about him being bad at drawing up inbound plays, I think he’s all about getting a good decision maker the ball and let them go to work. That’s what he wanted as a player, that’s what he’s doing as a coach. 

I also think it’s what Luka and Kyrie want from him and why there is so much talk of players wanting to play for him.

I don’t know any of this for sure, that’s why it’s a working theory. To me though, it just explains a lot of the comments Kidd has made to the media and why he gets so perplexed at some lines of questioning.

On that note, I do believe organized ball with a coach who coaches players up is better than this glorified pick up game style.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • chaparral, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 01:12 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: When Milwaukee figured out that Kidd shouldn’t be their coach, they became instant title contenders. The Mavs are really just one move, and maybe a couple of minor tweaks, away.

Really different situations.  Building a contender around Luka is going to be a much tougher task for any team and especially the Mavericks when compared to Giannis.
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 10:35 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, a working theory. 

Kidd as a player didn’t like coaches when he was on the court. The BKN story told us some stars don’t want coaches to interfere with their game. Luka was not all that happy with RC’s in game coaching and sounded like he was tuning him out toward the end.

Is Kidd coaching his players to be good pick up ballers? I don’t think it’s about him being bad at drawing up inbound plays, I think he’s all about getting a good decision maker the ball and let them go to work. That’s what he wanted as a player, that’s what he’s doing as a coach. 

I also think it’s what Luka and Kyrie want from him and why there is so much talk of players wanting to play for him.

I don’t know any of this for sure, that’s why it’s a working theory. To me though, it just explains a lot of the comments Kidd has made to the media and why he gets so perplexed at some lines of questioning.

On that note, I do believe organized ball with a coach who coaches players up is better than this glorified pick up game style.

That part of it is annoying but I can live with it. Especially with Kyrie added on. If they can't figure out the late game dynamics then I blame them more than I blame Kidd.
I'm just hating Kidd's liineups and rotations at the moment. There's no world where Holiday should have started and played over 20 minutes last night. That would have made sense when Green and Maxi were out but not now
Like Reply
Mavs vs. Grizz. 03/11/23 Third quarter.
3-on-2 fastbreak play and Kidd calls a time out.
Almost a free lane for Wright.
But Kidd had to do Kidd things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
Playing a good game tonight short handed, but did Kidd just call a time out with his team in transition?
Like Reply
"I'm calling momentum killing timeouts, just like you guys."
Like Reply
And did I miss something. Is this Board finished?
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 09:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: And did I miss something. Is this Board finished?

I hope it picks back up when Luka and Kyrie return. I think everyone was expecting an ugly loss tonight. It's been a pretty great game so far though.
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 09:48 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Playing a good game tonight short handed, but did Kidd just call a time out with his team in transition?

He definitely did.
I'm not really sure how and why.
Like Reply
No plays for the Mavs.
So, it looks like Kidd pulled Hardy to the sidelines and just told him to "take over".
Like Reply
Kamm's right.

This team is no fun to watch.
The coaching staff is truly incompetent.
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 09:47 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Mavs vs. Grizz. 03/11/23 Third quarter.
3-on-2 fastbreak play and Kidd calls a time out.
Almost a free lane for Wright.
But Kidd had to do Kidd things.

I saw that exact same thing.  Pissed me off!  I'm not real happy with Kidd's rotation and/or player utilization.  Or his 4th quarter in bounds plays.

We have a Dirkie award for wins.  I think it's time to have a Stinker award for losses.  I suspect Kidd will win most of them...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Wood scores 14 points and just gets 15 minutes with the Mavs top scorers out?  Kidd is so bad at coaching. He’s been exposed after losing his top assistant and being another year out from Carlisle. Don’t feel bad for him.  He’s made a lot of money as a player and a coach. I’m sure he can find something productive to do. He’s just not a good head coach. He should be let go before the next game if the Mavs are serious about trying to win.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • ballsrchr, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Kidd is bad. But when he is let go at some point in the future, I don't trust Cuban to make a good hire either. He will reach back into his connection with former Mavs and probably go with Nash or an inexperienced Jet.
Like Reply
Nelson -> Johnson -> Carlisle

Carlisle -> Kidd -> ???
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 10:49 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Nelson -> Johnson -> Carlisle

Carlisle -> Kidd -> ???

I'm in the "Fire-Kidd-And-CWood-is-mishandled" program.
So I don't disagree with you often, but this is what I think..

NELSON is 1a
RC is 1b

Avery is a very distant 2.
Random AAU coach > Kidd
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 11:01 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I'm in the "Fire-Kidd-And-CWood-is-mishandled" program.
So I don't disagree with you often, but this is what I think..

NELSON is 1a
RC is 1b

Avery is a very distant 2.
Random AAU coach > Kidd

My only point was that Kidd blows and hopefully the pattern of our Superstar getting to their third coach and winning repeats.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply