Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
(01-19-2023, 10:30 PM)cow Wrote: The only way Cuban fires Kidd is if Luka requests it so I don't see that happening.  Who is available out there anyway?  Snyder?

My favorite option would be Jay Wright but he declined various offers from NBA teams over the last 20 years. And it looks like he is all in on retirement and family life.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1003...-right-now
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
If we are dreaming I'd love to see Kerr bring beautiful basketball to the Mavs.  And if we really want to dream, I want Pop just so he murders our owner.
Like Reply
(01-19-2023, 07:12 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/jadubin5/status/1615...32993?s=46&t=RHcrnzqWQVn1VGcnuK7CJw
This makes me wonder with the play of DFS and Bullock this year. Did Kidd break those guys (in a Thibbs way) last season and playoffs? If so, is the damage permanent?
Like Reply
I can't imagine Kidd isn't aware of what too many minutes and too much of a workload will do to the human body.  Guessing he had that microfracture procedure because of it.  Would much rather sit Luka for a few games so he doesn't look fatigued and lower RB's and DFS's minutes to counter last season's workload.
Like Reply
WE LEGIT HAVE A COACH WITH MORE GUILTY PLEAS THAN INBOUNDS PLAYS I'M DONE
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Kidd is done after 2024. I think he has already won his last playoff series as a Mavs coach
Like Reply
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/Coopz___/status/1618...58016?s=20&t=FXE3YZMU7gFEJuhpAZy0Ww
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
So f’ing predictable that Delon could just sit on our play. Twice! Kidd is truly clueless. I think with a real living breathing coach who can, you know, actually COACH, we are 4-5 wins better this season. Easily. That was embarrassing. The players looking over at Kidd for a play to run and he barely got his fat ass off the bench. Seen enough. Something cognitively off.
Like Reply
I just don't understand why they don't try to get Luka moving towards the basket.   If he didn't pass it, he would have ended up with a step back 30 footer.    Having him at least moving towards the basket creates so many more problems for the defense.

Even if he got the ball to Dinwiddie that would have led to a 25 footer off a weird angle for a pass.   You should be getting a better look with five second remaining.
Like Reply
(01-25-2023, 08:00 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I just don't understand why they don't try to get Luka moving towards the basket.   If he didn't pass it, he would have ended up with a step back 30 footer.    Having him at least moving towards the basket creates so many more problems for the defense.

Even if he got the ball to Dinwiddie that would have led to a 25 footer off a weird angle for a pass.   You should be getting a better look with five second remaining.

Apparently Kidd likes the idea of 30 footers, and if those things go in, wins are more dramatic.
Like Reply
A trade might change things up for the Mavs.
But as long as Kidd is here, I don't see real change.

The Mavs have won games despite of the coach and not because of him.
Kidd's less than mediocre..
He's just flat out bad.

If you have a superstar on your team, at least hire a good coach.
Like Reply
Honestly the worst decision he has made this year is play our handful of guys extended minutes. It could seriously hamstring everyone’s career in a Thibs way. Especially Luka. That needs to be addressed immediately.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
(01-26-2023, 10:39 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Honestly the worst decision he has made this year is play our handful of guys extended minutes. It could seriously hamstring everyone’s career in a Thibs way. Especially Luka. That needs to be addressed immediately.

And the way he's being played is just completely mind-boggling
Insane that they'll play him an entire 2nd half plus overtime but then sit him on a 2nd night of a back to back the next week. The long extended minutes at a time have to be way more damaging than the back-to-back minutes would be. At the very least the risk of a fatigue injury has to be exponentially higher. 
Makes absolutely zero sense to me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-26-2023, 11:05 AM)Jym Wrote: And the way he's being played is just completely mind-boggling
Insane that they'll play him an entire 2nd half plus overtime but then sit him on a 2nd night of a back to back the next week. The long extended minutes at a time have to be way more damaging than the back-to-back minutes would be. At the very least the risk of a fatigue injury has to be exponentially higher. 
Makes absolutely zero sense to me

I think wrapping our heads around the idea that the conversation probably starts with "Hey, Luka, what do you think is a good rotation pattern for you" and then ends with "sounds good, whatever you want" might help us understand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
A real fucking masterclass tonight
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:34 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: A real fucking masterclass tonight

At least he doesn't have to draw up new plays EVER!
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Kidd and Luka got what they wanted with Irving, but now the "no help"-BS won´t fly any longer for either one. Luka has no reasons to be exhausted at the end of games and Kidd has no reasons to run the same dumb iso play all the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
You guys think what you see at end of games is what Kidd draws up? How incredibly quaint.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 01:02 AM)F Gump Wrote: You guys think what you see at end of games is what Kidd draws up? How incredibly quaint.

I don't think he ever draws up anything. He just lets Luka play hero ball instead of focusing on getting Luka or whoever a quality shot.
[-] The following 3 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, Mavs2021, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 01:02 AM)F Gump Wrote: You guys think what you see at end of games is what Kidd draws up? How incredibly quaint.

I don´t care whether Kidd draws it up or Luka just calls his own number. He´s the coach and if he does not have the balls to challenge Luka, then find somebody who will.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply