Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tank 2022-23
Team Tank 2023 is officially done!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 03:23 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Team Tank 2023 is officially done!

If Kyrie decides to sit out the rest of the season we are back in the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Haha that would be correct, but I'm going to be positive until he gives me a reason not to be.
Like Reply

Well first Irving has to suit up, so that means Cuban got to agree on the four year extension first. So slow down.

Yes you might think Cuban is not dumb enough to trade all our assets without already having that dumb extension for Irving in place. Oh no, he might be dumb enough to not promise him that dumb extension immediately. Then let the dumb flat earther walk for free in the summer. Although I´m not sure what is the dumber move, of two dumb options: extend or walk. But I´m sure, the God of the Dumb Mark Cuban will find the correct answer. Meanwhile the King of Flat Earth will sit at home and cosplay Inglorious Bastards.

Big Grin
Like Reply
Tongue 
(02-05-2023, 03:36 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If Kyrie decides to sit out the rest of the season we are back in the game.

Still plenty of time to trade Kyrie to LA if he demands out.
Like Reply
Tank is done.

Extension is unlikely unless it's part of the deal itself. But Mavs are all in, so they are prepared to do whatever it takes to keep Kyrie, no doubt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
We are better offensively, but are clearly worse defensively and we were already 24th in defensive rating. Unless we make another trade for a defensive piece or two, I'm not sure how this is gonna go. Kyrie hasn't played more than 54 games in the last 4 seasons, so Kyrie missing time is pretty much guaranteed. Also if we trade Wood, and don't get a two way player back, IMO our offense isn't THAT much better losing both Dinwiddie and Wood. We would literally have zero shot creators outside Luka and Kyrie if you exclude the black hole chucker that is THJ.
Like Reply
Team Tank
[-] The following 4 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
[Image: Screenshot-2023-03-01-at-08-12-07-Tankat...ulator.png]
Like Reply

Not so fast.  2 games out of the 10th pick.

https://giphy.com/gifs/wtf-strange-tank-dKTXIH76rYfD2
[-] The following 2 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-07-2023, 11:43 AM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Not so fast.  2 games out of the 10th pick.

https://giphy.com/gifs/wtf-strange-tank-dKTXIH76rYfD2

I think I'd be more appointed at gaining a great trade asset than disappointed in missing the playoffs. As long as Kyrie still re-signs.
Like Reply
If Luka’s hurt then maybe the tank is back. Getting to 10 isn’t good enough though. They need to get to 9 just in case some team gets a lucky ping pong ball.
Like Reply
This team is a huge disappointment. I would rather tank at this point. They are going anywhere in the playoffs even if they make the play in. I'm not confident they will make the play in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • LukaMVP
Like Reply
The tank is back on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Tank with 15 games left in the season after making an all in win now trade? It´s not tanking. Just a bad team.
Would the Mavs have a better record than the Jazz or Thunder if it wasn´t for their attempts to throw games? Don´t think so.
Like Reply
should've begun the tanking job earlier. we've already won too many games to get back our pick imho. just hope kyrie can lead this team as he did preceding the ASB and then we'd have a chance to make the playoffs (only to be 1st round fodder though).
Like Reply
We are back baby… pick # 11 is in reach

https://twitter.com/calliecaplan/status/...16640?s=61&t=-aAylloVlVRI2-DRvoajoA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Mavs aren't making the playoffs, even the play in.
Like Reply
This is the end. Kidd is the coach, too many road games left, and best players are dinged up. Mavs simply have to get something out of a non playoff finish. Time to tank. I’d sit Luka and Kyrie the rest of the season. Very disappointing. I thought it would go better after the trade but. . . Kidd is the coach. Everything has to be on the table this off-season, even trading Luka. Best case scenario is that the scandal plagued Cuban era come to an end and he sells the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I think I get it that the four teams that were eliminated during the play-in are seeded according to their record for the lottery, but what if their record is actually worse than the record of teams that were outright eliminated before the play-in?

Say if the Bulls or Raports lose in the play-in, do they move up the lottery rankings past Western Conference teams like the Lakers or Pelicans, cause these teams have superior records to them?
Like Reply