Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tank 2022-23
Bulls taking care of business. Now we just need to hope OKC's backups can beat the Memphis backups. Hopefully OKC will be motivated in what could be their last home game
Like Reply
(04-09-2023, 02:13 PM)F Gump Wrote: Good point!

So HOU/SA have two reasons to tank.

And the Rockets won again… So the Spurs can make sure they secure the number 2 spot without having to win a tiebreaker if they manage to lose against us, that sucks. 

At least the Bulls won, let’s hope OKC manages to win today then we secure 10th place even if we beat the Spurs. Will be one ugly game against the Spurs, that’s for sure.
Like Reply
An incredibly bad Spurs lineup (only 8 in uni, all from the back of the roster, with 2 of them 2-way). Yet the Mavs are getting killed anyhow. 42-14 after 1.

Kudos to the Mavs. THAT'S how you tank! I trust they won't blow it (although, having seen the endless parade of Mav screwups, this season, I'm not gonna assume anything).
Like Reply
We have to be the dumbest franchise in history. This game was over and then we go on a huge run. Why didn't Kidd bench the hot players.
Like Reply
Oh it´s down to 12 at HT. I´d laugh, but with the Mavs there is a chance Hardy goes for 50, Mavs win, lose the pick and trade Hardy in six weeks.
Like Reply
Half a quarter to go. Mavs down by 23. I'm finally starting to feel like they can pull out a L.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
Good effort by the Jazz but can't pull off the miracle
Like Reply
Shame Utah quit. They could have made the play-in EASILY. They beat the Lakers twice by 20 and lost the last two by a combined score of less than 10 while tanking. Just winning these two Lakers games would have put them a game behind OKC and Lakers.
Like Reply
The tank commander award goes to Morris, who desperately wanted to take all the shots he couldn't take in previous 81 games Smile Pinson a 20 point tripple double with no TO.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/CtGxusvUT3k
Like Reply
So here we go:

13.9 % chance of a Top 4 pick

65.9 % chance of picking at 10

20.2 % chance of losing our pick to the Knicks, probably at 11

May the force be so stupid that it’ll be with us!
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-09-2023, 05:16 PM)Knutsen Wrote: So here we go:

So I went

11th
11th
10th
10th
10th
10th
3rd
1st 

on Tankathon.

I think due to the past allegations about a rigged lottery the NBA should hold at least two test drawings, maybe six to be safe. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
(04-09-2023, 05:16 PM)Knutsen Wrote: So here we go:

Quick reminder that in the entire history of the franchise the Mavs have never moved up in the lottery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Mavs have 4 in 5 chance of keeping the pick, and if they do, a 1 in 6 chance it lands in top 4.

Those are solid odds, and much better than the alternatives lately.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
and we have some chance at wemby as well. our odds of getting wemby would be as good as that of winning the championship next season.
[-] The following 3 users Like LukaMVP's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(04-09-2023, 05:46 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: and we have some chance at wemby as well. our odds of getting wemby would be as good as that of winning the championship next season.

Great point. That's a huge swing in "franchise asset base" if you hit that 1 in 33 shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Still waiting for Silver to dock us our pick.
Like Reply
The Mavericks have scaled the NBA tankoff mountain and planted their flag! They are the 10th worst record for 2022-2023!
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • Dahlsim, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
The semi-beautiful thing is that the league really can't dock the pick...
Take the '23 from the Mavs and the '24 cannot convey.
Now... screwing the Mavs with NY getting #11 and THEN finding the Mavs guilty of violations in the "Spirit of the Game" needing to dock the '24 pick would put a smile on David Stern's face.
Like Reply
(04-09-2023, 05:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Quick reminder that in the entire history of the franchise the Mavs have never moved up in the lottery.

I will repeat. There is no actual rule that the Mavs cannot move up in the draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply