Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tank 2022-23
We survived!
[-] The following 3 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • BigDirk41, hakeemfaan, loki
Like Reply
Still a long way to go but it's a good start. I'm not celebrating until I see the results on lottery night!
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, hakeemfaan, Mavs2021
Like Reply
still need to tank one more game.
Like Reply
Still goes for the Bulls aswell though. They need to lose against the Pistons for them to go below the Mavs.
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 02:57 AM)GermanMav Wrote: Still goes for the Bulls aswell though. They need to lose against the Pistons for them to go below the Mavs.

They can't go below us
If we win and they lose(and they lose the play-in), the records will be tied and they'll do a cointoss to decide the order
Like Reply
My prediction:  the Mavs will complete the tank against San Antonio and hold the 10th position. Then, the 11th place team will win the lottery costing the Mavs the highest rated prospect since LBJ and their pick all together. That would be an epic and fitting climax to the most disastrous season in the history of Metroplex sports.
[-] The following 6 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant, DanSchwartzgan, Knutsen, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...80206?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ

LMAO
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 02:03 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...80206?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ

LMAO

Kidd truly is a basketball genius. Other teams have been tanking for weeks, but he finds a way to get the Mavs in hot water for tanking two games.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • Mavs2021, omahen
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 02:27 PM)loki Wrote: Kidd truly is a basketball genius. Other teams have been tanking for weeks, but he finds a way to get the Mavs in hot water for tanking two games.

They just can’t get out of their own way.  I will shocked if they wind up with their pick either due to bad luck or winning their last game.  Clown show every day.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Wow I figured this would happen with everything Kidd kept saying. The good news is maybe this will get Kidd fired for calling out his bosses and getting the team a huge fine.
Like Reply
This is so ridiculous what with NYK tampering and the Portland tank sitting Dame. But the Mavs front office and coach are so colossally stupid that they can't even tank 2 games properly without getting themselves investigated. 

If they just kept quiet and did the same thing, nothing would happen. I am so tired of a FO that is literally dumber than the fans on message boards.
[-] The following 8 users Like LifeAquatic's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, ItsGoTime, Not an evil robot, omahen, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 07:51 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Why would Kidd run his mouth like that?  The whole world knows you are tanking but you don’t come out and just about admit it.  The NBA will now be forced to look at this.   What an idiot.

Bump.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BoredAssistant, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Utah just beat Denver. It's still possible for the Mavs to tie them at #9.
Like Reply
Honestly can anyone remember such a public meltdown by any NBA franchise in the last 25 years? If we are honest Cuban basically combined the worst behaviours of Sterling + Sarver + Maloofs and somehow he´s still allowed to own an NBA team, while everybody else was forced out.

(04-08-2023, 04:59 PM)loki Wrote: Utah just beat Denver. It's still possible for the Mavs to tie them at #9.

I mean what an amazing coincidence that once Utah has a 1.5 game cushion, they suddenly win a game again. Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
It just keeps getting worse for us.. my goodness.

If the league can prove the mavs tanked, we could actually lose this year's top 10 pick and maybe more.
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 07:51 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Why would Kidd run his mouth like that?

That is a really interesting question. I doubt he is that stupid to not know the unwritten rules and it was quite obvious the team is ok with the tank, so he didn't need to protect the players. So:
Option A: Kidd knows he is getting fired and this is a partin f... off petty move by him to Cuban?
Option B: Mavs organization lead by Cuban openly taunting the league because they think this makes them look cool?
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 02:03 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...80206?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ

LMAO

This franchise is really pushing me to my limits of fandom.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 05:34 PM)omahen Wrote: That is a really interesting question. I doubt he is that stupid to not know the unwritten rules and it was quite obvious the team is ok with the tank, so he didn't need to protect the players. So:
Option A: Kidd knows he is getting fired and this is a partin f... off petty move by him to Cuban?
Option B: Mavs organization lead by Cuban openly taunting the league because they think this makes them look cool?

When I posted my comments yesterday after reading what Kidd said, my first thought was that Kidd was trying openly to get his FO and owner in trouble. He was clearly letting the world know that it was not his idea without just spelling it clearly. 

This from a guy who just got an approval from the owner that his job was not in jeopardy. 

Maybe Kidd wants out and is trying his best to get fired to get some paid time off at Cuban’s expense. 

His comments else makes no sense.
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 06:18 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: This from a guy who just got an approval from the owner that his job was not in jeopardy. 

But, what if Cuban was lying to the media? It wouldn't be the first time. Didn't he still speak about Donnie and Carlisle a couple of weaks before both were gone?
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(04-08-2023, 06:18 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: When I posted my comments yesterday after reading what Kidd said, my first thought was that Kidd was trying openly to get his FO and owner in trouble. He was clearly letting the world know that it was not his idea without just spelling it clearly. 

This from a guy who just got an approval from the owner that his job was not in jeopardy. 

Maybe Kidd wants out and is trying his best to get fired to get some paid time off at Cuban’s expense. 

His comments else makes no sense.

Maybe Kidd is just dumb.
[-] The following 6 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant, hakeemfaan, LifeAquatic, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply