Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tank 2022-23
(12-01-2022, 05:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nah, man. It's never going to happen. The Mavs couldn't even bring themselves to tank properly back when it was appropriate to do so. I can't imagine doing so now has even once crossed anyone's mind in the organization. 

Plus, the team was 16-18 at one point last season and made it to the WCF. This season isn't looking great right now but I'd say it's far from over. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with where things stand, but in my view conveying that pick to NY and finally being done with the Porzingis disaster is the way forward, not attempting to put it off further.

Don't rob me of hope, man.

I just don't trust this team to right the ship at this point. 

Things would be tons more hopeful if THJ and Bertans weren't such albatrosses. That's what's doing the most to kill the team at this point IMHO. So hard to improve the roster with those two killers.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 05:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Don't rob me of hope, man.

I just don't trust this team to right the ship at this point. 

Things would be tons more hopeful if THJ and Bertans weren't such albatrosses. That's what's doing the most to kill the team at this point IMHO. So hard to improve the roster with those two killers.
Don’t forget McGee lol.

We‘ve built a pretty insane payroll over the years. Has to be some type of record. The most money spent on a supporting cast that’s further away from an allstar appearance than ever before maybe?

At this point I‘m 99% sure that Luka will not play with a single current allstar during his remaining stint here in DAL.
Like Reply
Where the living eff is everybody? How dare you all call yourselves Mavs fans without being here.

via GIPHY

Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:03 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Where the living eff is everybody? How dare you all call yourselves Mavs fans without being here.

Jason Kidd must be the biggest Mavs fan there is.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:03 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Where the living eff is everybody? How dare you all call yourselves Mavs fans without being here.

via GIPHY

Basking in the glory of my <40 wins prediction.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:11 PM)cow Wrote: Basking in the glory of my <40 wins prediction.

Mavs are so freaking bad right now that even my usual I told you so routine isn´t bringing me an joy.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs are so freaking bad right now that even my usual I told you so routine isn´t bringing me an joy.

We are bad but we are a coaching change away form being better.  How much better?  I don't know.
Like Reply
I feel like I care more than the players and I've mostly mailed in my fandom since we let Chandler walk that first time
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The sad part is, tanking teams usually operate the first half of the season with the idea of try to win all your home games and lose as much as you can on the road, before the full on tankathon gets under way.

Well the Mavs actually try to win and are tied for fewest road wins with the Magic. Even the Pistons, Spurs, Thunder, Hornets and Rockets have won more road games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:22 PM)Jym Wrote: I feel like I care more than the players and I've mostly mailed in my fandom since we let Chandler walk that first time

We might be learning that free throw shooting, constant complaining to refs and apathy on defense aren't Luka's worst traits.  He's young and generally a positive kid, but maybe he just isn't a leader...yet.  That really makes us not signing Dragic all the more baffling.  Maybe Kemba can inject some leadership in the locker room.  And boy could we use TC in that regard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
[Image: Screenshot-2022-12-01-9.29.35-PM.png]
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:25 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The sad part is, tanking teams usually operate the first half of the season with the idea of try to win all your home games and lose as much as you can on the road, before the full on tankathon gets under way.

Well the Mavs actually try to win and are tied for fewest road wins with the Magic. Even the Pistons, Spurs, Thunder, Hornets and Rockets have won more road games.

If you think about it in a Victor-or-bust perspective, this is actually a positive thing for the Mavs.
They can't win even if they try to.
The fan-base and even the league wouldn't accuse them of tanking.
The Mavs just aren't a good team.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2022-12-01-9.29.35-PM.png]

Perfection.
Like Reply
A few more loses before January and I'm officially jumping on this group.
But before that..
Let's just all appreciate this quote from Joel McGee:

“Christian (Wood) is just trying to play winning basketball, like you said, this is his first team that’s slotted to make the playoffs and go far in the playoffs. So, he had some moments where he reverses back to playing, I don’t want to say losing basketball, but not winning basketball".
Like Reply
With the new lottery system dropping more than 1-2 spots is nearly impossible. Need to have the 6th worst record to keep the pick. No matter what happens in the lottery. Even if they end up with the 10th worst record the chance to lose the pick is less than 20%.
But we are talking about a franchise that has never moved up in the lottery and always finds ways to screw up the tank. It´s really difficult to do it with the new system. But if any team can do it...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/srozsa/status/1598512999672664064
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
This team is a joke.
Like Reply
Great night. THJ and Bullock played good enough to keep getting big minutes but bricked enough shots for the loss. Bullock regained Kidd's trust
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Can obviously put this thread on vacation for now. We'll see if they can make hay with the rest of December. More than five losses, with the schedule as it is, and this will be back.
Like Reply
We're back, baby!
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime
Like Reply