Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (9-9) @ TOR (10-9) | 100-105 loss | Mavs 1-6 on the road
I think Wood-McGee needs to be given a shot. First of all, if you can turn McGee into a valuable contributor, that’s a big win. Wood is only 6’9” (with really long arms) but more importantly he only weighs about 210 — and that matters when games turn more physical. The ideal McGee brings size, physicality, solid screen setting etc. He done that at a high level as recently as last season. He needs to figure it out in Dallas and I think he will. Next, McGee is on the record saying he likes playing with Wood and prefers to play next to a scoring PF. Let McGee play the roll man early and Wood can space the floor. The you can go to the Luka-Wood pick and roll in the fourth quarter. 

The second big reason why you want to start Wood is i think it’s a smarter way to play your cards. If McGee isn’t effective, you just bring in Kleber. And when Powell enters you have Kleber-Powell on the floor together.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 18: DAL (9-8) @ TOR (9-9) | Nov 26, 4:00 pm | Mavs 2.5 pt Vegas favs - by vfromlmf - 11-26-2022, 12:57 PM