Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DAL (9-8) @ BOS (14-4) | 112-125 loss
(11-24-2022, 09:25 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Thank You Dan for providing some sanity about Wood. 

I am still hoping he can figure it out because what other choice do we have?  The names being floated around like Collins and Hayward don’t move the needle at all for me.  However the majority of the change has to come from Wood.

No, thank you.  I do disagree a little on Collins not moving the needle.  I think he and Wood are roughly equivalent.  So, imagine if Wood could actually be where he's supposed to be consistently and Kidd could therefore trust him.  Despite the record, Dallas has the seventh highest 'Expected Wins' in the league (and I think it was 5th before last night).  The needle doesn't have to be moved that much for us to host a first round playoff series.  From there, who knows what happens.

Hayward is a different deal for me.  I'm envisioning moving THJ in a Hayward deal where I suspect Bullock would be the outgoing in a Collins deal.  There are team building benefits to expiring Hayward (this summer) that go beyond the current season.  But, even this season we'd be back to most of the team that made the WCF finals.  McGee would be added to the super thin Big rotation we  used.  THJ would again be gone (just like the playoffs) and Hayward would essentially replace Brunson.  On top of that, you'd have the much improved Green (imagine where he'll be in five months rather than anchoring to what we saw last season...he's not the same player).  Do we win it all?  Probably not, but we would be more competitive than we are now and better positioned for the next trade with THJ off the roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DAL (9-8) @ BOS (14-4) | 112-125 loss - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-24-2022, 09:44 AM