Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DAL (9-8) @ BOS (14-4) | 112-125 loss
(11-23-2022, 11:16 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: In fairness to Josh, Grant Williams shoved him into Smart for the first boneheaded foul. Grant Williams and Horford get away with that shove on the defender all the time. The second one was him over playing the 3 point line in a scramble. They called another foul on him that should’ve been an offensive foul on Boston. Josh’s on ball positioning and man defense needs work, no doubt. He has all the tools just needs more savvy and benefit from refs. His team and help defense, however, are off the charts good. Just a natural knack and gift in that regard.

I didn't see the first half as I'm recovering from my first bout with COVID, but Josh was terrible in the second half.  I'd still give him all of THJ's minutes.  

Our starters are always going to be at a disadvantage defensively playing alongside Luka.  With Bullock in the tank, I don't think we can surround Luka with enough good defenders so we might as well try something different.  Start Wood, Josh, Dorian, Luka and ???.  Let Dinwiddie play the sixth man role.  Never play THJ again.  

Wood's second half was a little rocky at times too (the two offensive fouls, the two fade away jumpers in the post over much smaller defenders, and that missed free throw on his and-1), but outside of Luka, he gives the team the best shot of elevating our ceiling.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DAL (9-8) @ BOS (14-4) | 112-125 loss - by cow - 11-23-2022, 11:22 PM