Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
I'd pay a lot of money to never see our second highest paid player play again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • dynamicalVoid
Like Reply
(11-23-2022, 09:13 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Regardless...he should be benched for take shots he shouldnt.

I agree.
Like Reply
Tonight THJ got 4 big points and missed all three of his three point shots. Sadly, it probably was one of his best games this year.
Like Reply
Im ready for the Post THJ, Powell, Bullock, Maxi, DFS(maybe) Era to begin
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Tonight THJ rewarded his coach’s confidence in him by shooting a blistering 25% from the field to go with 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and a turnover. Welcome to the starting lineup.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Paul Gasol, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-23-2022, 10:23 PM)cow Wrote: I'd pay a lot of money to never see our second highest paid player play again.

Put me down for $100
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 10:56 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Tonight THJ rewarded his coach’s confidence in him by shooting a blistering 25% from the field to go with 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and a turnover. Welcome to the starting lineup.

I have zero clue as to why THJ was rewarded with a starting nod after putting up one of the most abysmal stretches of anyone donning a Mavs uniform.

A spit in the face to Wood who, although hasn't been perfect AT ALL, is actually producing something positive more often than not. 

A spit in the face to Green who, while he hasn't made an incredible leap, been a boon of energy, hustle, and great efficient play on the court while he's out there. 

A spit in the face to every single die hard fan that has to watch this inane chucker who doesn't know a good shot even if it hits him in the face.

Just awful.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dynamicalVoid, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I just want to know what the answer is.   I wanted to give him a long leash hoping he would get going.   It has not happened and he has gotten worse.  This team can't play 50 minutes of gametime to THJ and Bullock.   They have been so bad.   

What do you do with Hardaway now?   Do you accept he will be here 2.5 more years and anything you get from him is gravy?   He can't be in the rotation if he is playing like this.   

I really think this is a passive aggressive move by Nico and Kidd to get Cuban to sit away from the team.  They are surrounding him with awful, long term contracts next to the bench (THJ, Bertans, McGee).   Who is the next contract they want to sit next to Cuban?
Like Reply
I mean, here are his point totals recently: 6, 4, 2 & 2.   He scored 13 in the blowout against Denver and 28 in the loss against Houston.   But in the loss against Houston he shot 10-26.   Is that considered a good game now?  More like, I am one of the few guys who can sorta of dribble, so I am going to shoot it...a lot.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 07:19 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I just want to know what the answer is.   I wanted to give him a long leash hoping he would get going.   It has not happened and he has gotten worse.  This team can't play 50 minutes of gametime to THJ and Bullock.   They have been so bad.   

What do you do with Hardaway now?   Do you accept he will be here 2.5 more years and anything you get from him is gravy?   He can't be in the rotation if he is playing like this.   

I really think this is a passive aggressive move by Nico and Kidd to get Cuban to sit away from the team.  They are surrounding him with awful, long term contracts next to the bench (THJ, Bertans, McGee).   Who is the next contract they want to sit next to Cuban?
Nico should have blown up the team when he got here like many GM’s do when they start a job. If Cuban prevented that, he should have gone the way of Rosas. That dude got it right after just 1 week.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 07:24 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Nico should have blown up the team when he got here like many GM’s do when they start a job. If Cuban prevented that, he should have gone the way of Rosas. That dude got it right after just 1 week.

The question....could he even propose that?   More importantly, is he able to fire Kidd?   I am not saying that is on the table, but I am wondering if he has that power?   More importantly, lets say this season does not get better and is a lost cause.  Does he have the power to move veterans for future assets?  For instance, lets say Bullock plays better.   Does he have the power to move Bullock to a contender for a pick and a player?
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 07:28 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: The question....could he even propose that?   More importantly, is he able to fire Kidd?   I am not saying that is on the table, but I am wondering if he has that power?   More importantly, lets say this season does not get better and is a lost cause.  Does he have the power to move veterans for future assets?  For instance, lets say Bullock plays better.   Does he have the power to move Bullock to a contender for a pick and a player?
I don’t think any of us knows for sure, but wasn’t Kidd Nico’s choice? Also, there was a tweet at the beginning of the season that said Cuban let Nico control all the offseason stuff. If those things are true, Mark is at least relinquishing some power. I’m sure moves made by Nico have to be run through Cuban, as I’m sure most every owner would want, especially if the move has money implications. Other than that, Nico is most assuredly working the phones and with his team to figure out ways to improve the team.
Like Reply
THJs shot looks completly broken. It´s not like he has the usual Maxi type misses (long or short). He is spraying them all over the rim (sometimes even missing the rim). Same for Bullock.
I think THJ mentioned that he is jumping to high and struggles with his balance. Not sure what Bullock´s problem is. Just watching him it might be the opposite. Tired and old legs cannot generate the necessary lift.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 08:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: wasn’t Kidd Nico’s choice? Also, there was a tweet at the beginning of the season that said Cuban let Nico control all the offseason stuff. If those things are true, Mark is at least relinquishing some power.

Yes and yes. BUT questions of whether Cuban hired Nico in part because Nico wanted Kidd. Kidd might have been Cuban's desire and then found a GM who supported that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 08:33 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yes and yes. BUT questions of whether Cuban hired Nico in part because Nico wanted Kidd. Kidd might have been Cuban's desire and then found a GM who supported that.
Sure, that’s a possibility. I mean, like chicago said, I don’t think we’re there, but I think if Nico made a compelling argument that Kidd is not working out, he would get Mark’s blessing. 19 games into the season after making the WCF is in no way the time.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 08:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don’t think any of us knows for sure, but wasn’t Kidd Nico’s choice? Also, there was a tweet at the beginning of the season that said Cuban let Nico control all the offseason stuff. If those things are true, Mark is at least relinquishing some power. I’m sure moves made by Nico have to be run through Cuban, as I’m sure most every owner would want, especially if the move has money implications. Other than that, Nico is most assuredly working the phones and with his team to figure out ways to improve the team.
After thinking about this for a bit, there is no possible way Cuban gave the full reigns to Nico. He HAD to be a part of the JB decision.

Also, there had to be some type of spending mandate too.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 09:03 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: After thinking about this for a bit, there is no possible way Cuban gave the full reigns to Nico. He HAD to be a part of the JB decision.
Also, there had to be some type of spending mandate too.

Yes, we know for a fact that when money decisions happen, Cuban is ALWAYS the ultimate decider (so Cuban made the ultimate call on JB). But with the summer signings where there are known spending limits, those decisions were NOT Cuban (McGee, Dragic, Facu, Wood trade, etc)...based on the reporting.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 09:30 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yes, we know for a fact that when money decisions happen, Cuban is ALWAYS the ultimate decider (so Cuban made the ultimate call on JB). But with the summer signings where there are known spending limits, those decisions were NOT Cuban (McGee, Dragic, Facu, Wood trade, etc)...based on the reporting.
Right, but if there was a trade that was uncovered that added money, that's Cuban as well.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 09:30 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yes, we know for a fact that when money decisions happen, Cuban is ALWAYS the ultimate decider (so Cuban made the ultimate call on JB). But with the summer signings where there are known spending limits, those decisions were NOT Cuban (McGee, Dragic, Facu, Wood trade, etc)...based on the reporting.

Maybe another important question....could Nico have offered Brunson a deal last offseason?    Were the close to any deals that kept them from offering Jalen?   There could be a 30 for 30 on this front office already.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 09:43 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Maybe another important question....could Nico have offered Brunson a deal last offseason?    Were the close to any deals that kept them from offering Jalen? 

I don't think anyone knows. But this is my guess of how things work:

Cuban gives spending limits and a budget to Nico/Kidd/Fin and they are free to do basically anything within those limits. Anything outside of that and they need special permission from Cuban.
Like Reply