Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: OKC (3-3) @ DAL (2-3) | 111-117 OT loss
(10-29-2022, 11:38 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: There are 2 changes that I would like for us to make to our starting lineup.  Start Josh Green and start Christian Wood

Not going to happen.
Kidd hates those guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:41 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Not going to happen.
Kidd hates those guys.

Yeah, you're right.  He threw Wood under the bus for no reason.  And Green played a whopping 15 minutes and was just only a meager +24.  But let's play Maxi 28 minutes who was 1-8 from the field and THJ 22 minutes who was an impressive 2-7 from the field.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:33 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Absolute GARBAGE scapegoating by Kidd of Wood. W.T.F. He is actually blind if he thinks Luka wasn't the problem and that OT wasn't even worse with his pet lineup.

Agreed. It was going GREAT until Luka, DFS and Bullock came in.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:38 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: There are 2 changes that I would like for us to make to our starting lineup.  Start Josh Green and start Christian Wood

I think Green can ignite our offense because he's one of our best defenders.  I also think he can get much better looks from the field while playing with Luka.  Green can handle the rock at times as well, serving as our secondary ball handler.

Christian Wood can be so much more effective while playing with Luka.  Plain and simple.  It's not far fetched to think he could average 20 points and 10 rebounds as a starter.

With Green, Bullock and DFS...you have 3 decent perimeter defenders in our starting lineup.

Dinwiddie and THJ can provide more than enough offense off the bench.  I also would like to see Dorsey get more minutes.

Frustrating night.  3 losses on our ledger that will haunt us when we're jostling for position in seeding at the end of the season

I was also thinking Green should be with Luka.  One...for defense.  Luka needs good defenders around him to make up for his slowness.  I think Green is makes more happen and frustrates offenses more than Bullock.  Bullock might be the wiser but Green energy seems to impact more.  Two...Luka is so special offensively that I think he could get Green easy buckets if they incorporated Greens slashing ability into the mix with the starters.  Maybe Im wrong.

I also think Bullock on the second unit adds a savy vet to take advantage of other teams 2nd units.   Just seems like a switch of Bullock and Green makes so much sense.  

I also think a Luka, Wood, Green lineup might be good as well.  Two good passers and a slasher for easy buckets.  All three of those guys are good passers...but Luka and Wood could get Green some slashing buckets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Mavs03
Like Reply
Kidd has made no effort to integrate Wood into the offense. If you think Wood was the reason for the blown lead you are a moron. For Kidd to say something like that is sickening.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
As far as Luka goes, he probably set an all time record tonight for the most exquisite passes ending with a clank instead of an assist. He also had to do all the dirty work himself grabbing 16 rebounds. Is it any wonder he was out of energy.  Can someone else on this team step up?  I’m afraid the Mavs  made a mistake paying their soon to be thirty something year old players and letting their emerging 26 year old walk. Ridiculous for them to double down on old as the way to build around Luka. They are fubared. Their best hope would be for Cuban to sell to someone who can compete financially with the big clubs.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:49 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I was also thinking Green should be with Luka.  One...for defense.  Luka needs good defenders around him to make up for his slowness.  I think Green is makes more happen and frustrates offenses more than Bullock.  Bullock might be the wiser but Green energy seems to impact more.  Two...Luka is so special offensively that I think he could get Green easy buckets if they incorporated Greens slashing ability into the mix with the starters.  Maybe Im wrong.

I also think Bullock on the second unit adds a savy vet to take advantage of other teams 2nd units.   Just seems like a switch of Bullock and Green makes so much sense.  

I also think a Luka, Wood, Green lineup might be good as well.  Two good passers and a slasher for easy buckets.  All three of those guys are good passers...but Luka and Wood could get Green some slashing buckets.

Amen brother.  I totally agree.  I would insert Maxi into our starting lineup.  He's another capable defender.

Luka
Green
DFS
Maxi
Wood

Bench:

Dinwiddie
THJ
Bullock
Powell
McGee
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs03's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:00 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: He also had to do all the dirty work himself grabbing 16 rebounds. Is it any wonder he was out of energy.  

Kidd doesn't want to give minutes to the best rebounder on the team.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:00 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: As far as Luka goes, he probably set an all time record tonight for the most exquisite passes ending with a clank instead of an assist. He also had to do all the dirty work himself grabbing 16 rebounds. Is it any wonder he was out of energy.  Can someone else on this team step up?  I’m afraid the Mavs  made a mistake paying their soon to be thirty something year old players and letting their emerging 26 year old walk. Ridiculous for them to double down on old as the way to build around Luka. They are fubared. Their best hope would be for Cuban to sell to someone who can compete financially with the big clubs.

Don´t make excuses for this garbage performance. I get that some people are overly critical when it comes to Luka but today he deserves it. Mavs played way better when he was on the bench. I am 100% convinced that they win the game if the starters stay on the bench.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:00 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Mavs  made a mistake paying their soon to be thirty something year old players

Yeah, the investment in older guys who are on the downside is going to hurt this team not only from a play standpoint, but from a trade asset standpoint.
Like Reply
Jason Kidd spit French fries on his wife and hit her with a yogurt.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah, the investment in older guys who are on the downside is going to hurt this team not only from a play standpoint, but from a trade asset standpoint.

Disagree on the second point.  Both of those contracts are so small that they'll never fall below neutral value.  If you wanted to blow this team up today, you could get some draft assets back pretty easily by shipping out DFS and Maxi.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:06 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don´t make excuses for this garbage performance. I get that some people are overly critical when it comes to Luka but today he deserves it. Mavs played way better when he was on the bench. I am 100% convinced that they win the game if the starters stay on the bench.

OKC doesn't score 16 the rest of the way with Green on the floor = game won

Bringing Luka or starters back to stat pad cost the Mavs the game. So much talk about usage. People are so hellbent on thinking the offense doesn't work without Luka. It worked fine so far. Brunson is no issue so far, when Luka is on the bench. Playmaking bla bla. 

5 games in:

OffRtg with Luka 115.8
OffRtg without Luka 122.9

The easiest solution to reduce Luka's usage, its cutting into his minutes, if the game allows it. Wether Luka likes it or not.

The bench cooked vs. Suns, and cooked today. There was no reason to bring Luka back. You had already 2 games, where you can extend minutes without Luka. If the bench losing his flow, you can still bring Luka back.
[-] The following 3 users Like sefant's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I wonder how much longer Bertans and Ntiilikina are out. They come with their own shortcomings but based on everything I have seen point of attack defense and shooting are desperately needed.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, mvossman
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:17 AM)sefant Wrote: Bringing Luka or starters back to stat pad cost the Mavs the game. 

Someone should have let Kidd know that we play again tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Wood was probably brought in on the recommendation of Sean Sweeney. Kidd being petty.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 12:21 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I wonder how much longer Bertans and Ntiilikina are out. They come with their own shortcomings but based on everything I have seen point of attack defense and shooting are desperately needed.

Yep. Surprising how much the Mavs are missing Frank. ... Or maybe not so surprising.
Like Reply
After watching the recent Wenbanyama highlights it all makes sense. Start the team tank thread. 2-80 here we come.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Luka is a top 2 NBA player.  You definitely bring him back in to close the game every single time. You can’t second guess that particular decision.  Now as far as who else was on the floor with him, that’s a good question.  Did THJ get hurt again? 

Also, I hear Kidd pretty directly threw Wood under the bus after the game. The Mavs don’t really have anyone else    to impact another team offensively if Wood falls into the doghouse.  Are we headed for a trainwreck?  Guess we’ll find out tomorrow/tonight.  It’s pretty much a must win game and Kidd needs to get this working with Wood.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 01:03 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka is a top 2 NBA player.  You definitely bring him back in to close the game every single time. You can’t second guess that particular decision.  Now as far as who else was on the floor with him, that’s a good question.  Did THJ get hurt again? 

Also, I hear Kidd pretty directly threw Wood under the bus after the game. The Mavs don’t really have anyone else    to impact another team offensively if Wood falls into the doghouse.  Are we headed for a trainwreck?  Guess we’ll find out tomorrow/tonight.  It’s pretty much a must win game and Kidd needs to get this working with Wood.

Kidd talked about guarding the ball. I guess thats why he mentioned THJ post game. Before throwing Wood under the bus.

[Image: green1.png]

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...2919833601
Like Reply