Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(04-04-2023, 08:10 PM)cow Wrote: Mavs got to 52 wins last season with Boban.  Mavs aren't getting to 40 this season with Wood.

FIFY
Like Reply
(04-04-2023, 08:10 PM)cow Wrote: Mavs got to 52 wins last season with Powell.  Mavs aren't getting to 40 this season with Wood.

I refuse to believe you aren't trolling me.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-04-2023, 08:20 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I refuse to believe you aren't trolling me.

Wood is empty calories.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-04-2023, 08:22 PM)cow Wrote: Wood is empty calories.

Dwight did help save our season, I'll give you that. Took us from a first round exit to a lottery pick. I pray Midd goes back to the same starting lineup and doesn't try to win like he did in the second half of last game.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...90434?s=46&t=hdMYR5VNI3D4hupTVErxeg

Cubes is smoking some good stuff today.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 06:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...90434?s=46&t=hdMYR5VNI3D4hupTVErxeg

Cubes is smoking some good stuff today.

A broken clock is right twice a day.
Like Reply
Wood with a nice dagger 3 parting gift for this trash org.
Like Reply
(04-04-2023, 07:04 PM)cow Wrote: Mavs were dreadful to open the season.  Maybe it is a coincidence but they turned things around once Powell started getting minutes.

The Mavs turned their season around?  Totally missed that. They had a brief positive run around the holidays when Wood started to get more minutes before his injury culminating with that win against the Lakers, but have been pretty disappointing otherwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 11:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Mavs turned their season around?  Totally missed that. They had a brief positive run around the holidays when Wood started to get more minutes before his injury culminating with that win against the Lakers, but have been pretty disappointing otherwise.

bUt LoOk At ThE cOmPeTiTiOn!!!
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 11:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Mavs turned their season around?  Totally missed that. They had a brief positive run around the holidays when Wood started to get more minutes before his injury culminating with that win against the Lakers, but have been pretty disappointing otherwise.

When Powell went from DNP to getting minutes, the team's energy and focus changed.  It was easy to see.  The whole season is disappointing, yes.  We stayed afloat mostly due to most of the West having the injury bug.  Losing Jalen hurt us more than I'd ever imagined.  Kidd's rotations were terrible.  Luka started getting more and more petulant.  Green regressed.  We traded away our best defensive player on an already dreadful defensive team.  Now the media is trying to lay our downward slide on Kyrie which isn't fair.  He's doing what he was brought here to do.  

And I'm no Powell fan.  I'd be fine if he never played another game for the Mavs again and if they do resign him, anything above a veteran minimum is a mistake.  But just because our other big men are trash doesn't make Wood a great player.  

As for Wood, he's supremely talented on the offensive end but has the attitude of someone who has accomplished something when nothing can be further from the truth.  He shows flashes on the defensive end but can never keep that up consistently.  It's possible Kidd fucked up that relationship, but a dude that talented shouldn't bounce around the league as much as he has.  I like my Kanter comparison.
Like Reply
unrealistic to expect Christian Woo_ to do good in the playoffs. guy plays so little D it would be disastrous to use him extensively in the post season. there is a reason he only pads good stats on scrub teams. that said, we don't have better options in the paint. first round exit with 1-4 is probably the best to be imagined for this team.
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 03:31 AM)cow Wrote: When Powell went from DNP to getting minutes, the team's energy and focus changed.  It was easy to see.  The whole season is disappointing, yes.  We stayed afloat mostly due to most of the West having the injury bug.  Losing Jalen hurt us more than I'd ever imagined.  Kidd's rotations were terrible.  Luka started getting more and more petulant.  Green regressed.  We traded away our best defensive player on an already dreadful defensive team.  Now the media is trying to lay our downward slide on Kyrie which isn't fair.  He's doing what he was brought here to do.  

And I'm no Powell fan.  I'd be fine if he never played another game for the Mavs again and if they do resign him, anything above a veteran minimum is a mistake.  But just because our other big men are trash doesn't make Wood a great player.  

As for Wood, he's supremely talented on the offensive end but has the attitude of someone who has accomplished something when nothing can be further from the truth.  He shows flashes on the defensive end but can never keep that up consistently.  It's possible Kidd fucked up that relationship, but a dude that talented shouldn't bounce around the league as much as he has.  I like my Kanter comparison.

I don’t disagree with most of this at all. Wood isn’t a great player, but he’s a useful one and he’s been misused this season, except for the brief stretch around the holidays and the last couple of games. The Mavs should bring him back. Even the Rockets got a first round pick for him. I’d hate to lose him for nothing.
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 03:29 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I don’t disagree with most of this at all. Wood isn’t a great player, but he’s a useful one and he’s been misused this season, except for the brief stretch around the holidays and the last couple of games. The Mavs should bring him back. Even the Rockets got a first round pick for him. I’d hate to lose him for nothing.

Conceptually I wouldn't mind Wood back but he and Kidd do not mix.  I don't see any reality where he'd resign here.
Like Reply
Congrats to Christian Wood on playing his last game for Cuban and friends. While most don't get it, Christian Wood could have been a key part of a great team here. Unfortunately, it is clear that Christian Wood was never in their plans. Good luck on your next team!
[-] The following 3 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, loki, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 08:24 PM)cow Wrote: A broken clock is right twice a day.

Even the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while...

(04-07-2023, 03:33 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Congrats to Christian Wood on playing his last game for Cuban and friends. While most don't get it, Christian Wood could have been a key part of a great team here. Unfortunately, it is clear that Christian Wood was never in their plans. Good luck on your next team!

They've got a long way to go to becoming a great team...
Like Reply
Wood could have been a great 6th man on this team.  His ambition will not let that happen and that's understandable.
Like Reply
What are the chances for a s’n’t of Wood? Are we thinking he’s going to get some team’s MLE at this point?
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 05:12 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: What are the chances for a s’n’t of Wood?

No one was offering anything of value at TDL, so I doubt anyone would offer anything in the summer. My guess, his value is MLE
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/stat...29156?s=20
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-09-2023, 10:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/stat...29156?s=20

The Wood case was just another level of Mavs failure. They didn't believe in the guy posting up good box score stats from day 1 and this is coming to a very predictable end. He was obviously the most talented center they had, yet they had to be smart with McGee who proved a complete failure after only a couple of games. Options Mavs had:
Option A: start Wood and play him a lot. Pump his stats, speak good about him and even if he is not a good long term fit, at least try to build his value in an attempt to use his expiring contract at TDL.
Instead Mavs chose option B: play mind games in an attempt to change him. As a result Mavs message to everyone was that they themselves don't think he has much value, predictably not attracting any value at TDL. 

It is totally possible option A would bring the same result we have now. But I see options it could bring a better result and no option it would bring a worse one. Congratulations on another wasted FRP.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Mavs2021, rocky164
Like Reply