Poll: How many games will the Mavs win in 2022-2023? Vegas Line: 47.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
57 or more
0%
0 0%
55-56
0%
0 0%
53-54
5.88%
1 5.88%
51-52
47.06%
8 47.06%
49-50
5.88%
1 5.88%
47-48
11.76%
2 11.76%
45-46
11.76%
2 11.76%
43-44
5.88%
1 5.88%
41-42
0%
0 0%
40 or less
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022-2023 RECORD PREDICTION: Vegas line is 47.5 for Dallas
Question 
What will the final record be for the Mavericks in 2022-2023?
Like Reply
My lowball prediction served us well last year so I'm going 40 or less.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Really @"KillerLeft", true prediction? Are you predicting Luka is out of shape or hurt?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 01:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Really @"KillerLeft", true prediction? Are you predicting Luka is out of shape or hurt?

He's right if SD gets hurt for any length of time. Even if Luka's in the best shape of his life, he'll wear down under all that pressure and play time, and our bench will likely get slaughtered when he sits.
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 01:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: He's right if SD gets hurt for any length of time. Even if Luka's in the best shape of his life, he'll wear down under all that pressure and play time, and our bench will likely get slaughtered when he sits.

SD is not nearly that important IMO. I am interested to see this play out. I personally think people are way overestimating how important JB was to this team.
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 01:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Really @"KillerLeft", true prediction? Are you predicting Luka is out of shape or hurt?

I am not enjoying "the plan"...hopefully, I'm wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 01:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: SD is not nearly that important IMO. I am interested to see this play out. I personally think people are way overestimating how important JB was to this team.

via GIPHY

I think it's certifiable to think this team doesn't need JB *or* SD. The Luka Mavs have never tried to go with him as the only ballhandler on the team. And there's a huge difference between Facu being 14th in minutes and 8th or 9th in minutes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • F Gump, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
Hard to say.  With health, 50+. If Luka turns his ankle and misses 4 weeks, we gonna be fighting for the playoffs.  Don’t have a safety net like Brunson to hold it together.
Like Reply
I agree with Scott. I think JB continues to be way better than some of you realize -- and that his ability and impact in DAL was very instrumental to how far they progressed. (I also think he will continue to improve.)

That's not to say they CAN'T somehow move forward after losing him. But we can't just blithely whistle past the graveyard and assume it will happen. He became such a KEY cog in their ability, especially on offense, because he was a very efficient creator of offense. Can bring the ball up the floor and initiate the offense, very effective production, elite shooting percentages, incredibly few turnovers, ability to score under pressure, can get to the rim and break down the defense. That took a lot of pressure off of Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 02:41 PM)F Gump Wrote: I agree with Scott. I think JB continues to be way better than some of you realize -- and that his ability and impact in DAL was very instrumental to how far they progressed. (I also think he will continue to improve.)

That's not to say they CAN'T somehow move forward after losing him. But we can't just blithely whistle past the graveyard and assume it will happen. He became such a KEY cog in their ability, especially on offense, because he was a very efficient creator of offense. Can bring the ball up the floor and initiate the offense, very effective production, elite shooting percentages, incredibly few turnovers, ability to score under pressure, can get to the rim and break down the defense. That took a lot of pressure off of Luka.

I'm still not a fan of the JB fit as I think his strengths and weaknesses overlap with Luka too much but it's hard to not realize his importance to the team last year and we certainly aren't better off without him.  We might be able to achieve the success we enjoyed last year without him, but I think that's the best case scenario.  I'm still not sold on Dinwiddie's consistency (something JB excelled at) and we are putting a lot of faith in him staying healthy.

That said, he didn't want be here.  That's in large part thanks to how the organization mishandled him and I think it's fair to say that he didn't want to play next to Luka.  That's not a shot at their relationship, it's more about styles and JB looking towards his next contract.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I wish we'd have figured out a way to keep him just so we'd be flirting with that ~$200M payroll too.
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 01:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: SD is not nearly that important IMO. I am interested to see this play out. I personally think people are way overestimating how important JB was to this team.

I think they're actually underestimating how important he was. I bet the Knicks show  improvement this year with him running the point.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
They won 52 last year and had a terrible off-season... Other teams in the West should be better/healthier. 40 wins is my prediction. Hope I'm wrong! Pray Luka stays healthy or we join the tank for Wembanyama sweepstakes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 03:53 PM)Smitty Wrote: They won 42 last year and had a terrible off-season... Other teams in the West should be better/healthier. 40 wins is my prediction. Hope I'm wrong! Pray Luka stays healthy or we join the tank for Wembanyama sweepstakes.

They actually won 52 last year
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 04:09 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: They actually won 52 last year

Well, technically 61 but who's counting. I even edited my first one and missed 42 vs 52. Mondays!
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 08:57 AM)Kammrath Wrote: What will the final record be for the Mavericks in 2022-2023?

FiveThirtyEight has the Mavs third in the West.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 04:22 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: FiveThirtyEight has the Mavs third in the West.

Yep. And look where the mighty Knicks sit. It will be interesting to see who is right and wrong in all this. Should be fun. 

[Image: Screenshot-2022-10-17-4.27.22-PM.png]
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I chose 54 wins because I'm a homer and because of Luka (accepting he will probably miss 15 games and the Pinson chemistry is unleashed).  Also, if the over/under was something like 52 1/2 I would place a modest wager on the over.  Hoping Dirk allows C.Wood to wear #41 sometime this year and Green becomes a 20 min. Wiggins/Ant/LeBooo-stopper.
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 04:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep. And look where the mighty Knicks sit. It will be interesting to see who is right and wrong in all this. Should be fun. 

No one thinks the Knicks are mighty. You just creating stupid strawmen again to defend the Mavs FO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 08:05 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: No one thinks the Knicks are mighty.

Literally no one. Not even Knicks fans.
Like Reply
https://theathletic.com/3653819/2022/10/...view-2022/

Every publication has different predictions. The Athletic has Dallas 8th in the West, don't necessarily agree but here we are.
Like Reply