Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Dragic 1yr/2.9M to CHI
Keeping powder dry for KD.

Also sniffing said powder.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Thought for sure we were going to sign him.  We only have 2 point guards, they're not going to stay healthy all year.  Wonder if Dragic is still upset about that supposed trade a few yrs ago that fell through.  Hard to any faith in the MBT at this point...
Like Reply
Dragic signing for the minimum with a different team, when the Mavs have a huge need for a player like him, could mean the following:

1) the Mavs believe Dragic is physically done and have a plan already in place to bring in a quality playmaker.  I think this may actually be true, because I believe the first part at least is (Dragic is cooked).

2) the Mavs continue to be passive chumps who just let Dragic twist in the wind while they test the waters. Gawd, I hope the Mavs aren’t this pathetic. If they actually believe Dragic has something left in the tank, and just sat around twiddling their thumbs. . .  You have to be aggressive this day and age.

3) privately, Luka’s camp is realizing that Cuban doesn’t have the financial wherewithal to compete with the big boys and didn’t really encourage Dragic to join up with him.
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 02:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Dragic signing for the minimum with a different team, when the Mavs have a huge need for a player like him, could mean the following:

1) the Mavs believe Dragic is physically done and have a plan already in place to bring in a quality playmaker.  I think this may actually be true, because I believe the first part at least is (Dragic is cooked).

2) the Mavs continue to be passive chumps who just let Dragic twist in the wind while they test the waters. Gawd, I hope the Mavs aren’t this pathetic. If they actually believe Dragic has something left in the tank, and just sat around twiddling their thumbs. . .  You have to be aggressive this day and age.

3) privately, Luka’s camp is realizing that Cuban doesn’t have the financial wherewithal to compete with the big boys and didn’t really encourage Dragic to join up with him.

Really hoping for number 1 but am really worried it's 2 and 3.
Like Reply
Initially when we still thought that Brunson would stay it made a lot of sense to bring him in as a mentor. But expecting him to step up and produce in a bigger role was always unrealistic.
Like Reply
3 is the death sentence... I mean put us up/down there with Orlando.
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 02:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Not even kidding this feels worse than Brunson leaving to me.

Nothing compares to Brunson leaving.  Mavs shit the bed on that one.
Like Reply
Gonna need @"omahen" or @"MAVS-SLO" to find a Slovenian interview, translate it and get to the bottom of this one for us.
Like Reply
Wow.

Well I refuse to believe Dallas is done, but as I have mentioned a ton....they need to prove they are not inept to me.

I can't imagine going into the offseason their plan was go in with a lesser offer for Jalen, Lose Jalen, prioritze a 15-20 minute 34 year old center, then call it the offseason.    I am serious, this team as is is much closer to play in caliber than contender.

So what is the plan?

So Sexton probably not gettable
Kyrie---probably not
Westbrook-   Don't even want to think about it
Colby White-   Some talent, not sure if he fits though
Micic-  Highly regarded overseas guy but OKC owns his rights
Kemba Walker-  Man this is depressing

Mavs needs a guy who can play 25 minutes a game who can create playing with our only two other creators.   Who is that person?
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gonna need @omahen or @MAVS-SLO to find a Slovenian interview, translate it and get to the bottom of this one for us.

Nothing yet. But Dragic has always been a stand-up guy, so I wouldn't expect anything revealing
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kemba Walker-  Man this is depressing

Can't wait for @"Kammrath"'s reaction when Dallas signs him after he gets bought out. 

All things considered, they could probably do worse for the minimum, at this point. But, I would've preferred Dragic.
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs needs a guy who can play 25 minutes a game who can create playing with our only two other creators.   Who is that person?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Can't wait for @Kammrath's reaction when Dallas signs him after he gets bought out.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I'm all for it, but need @"F Gump" to chime in on whether Luka's drat night trade actually does prevent this pairing from happening. 

And even with this, they'd still need another PG, imho.
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So what is the plan?

I think the big plan is to bring in a two way wing and keep SD in the 6th man role. Of course it might not happen this summer (or ever). I think they plan Hardy to pick up the third PG minutes.

Not sure what is the back up plan if the wing trade doesn't happen. I guess just run it back and wait.
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:12 PM)omahen Wrote: I think they plan Hardy to pick up the third PG minutes.

Good, in the sense that they're planning to give the kid a chance.

Bad, in the sense that he's very likely not ready to succeed, even in such a small role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I personally don't see Dragic going elsewhere as concerning (at least yet anyway)....I see it as pointing clearly to their not being room on the roster for Dragic. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good, in the sense that they're planning to give the kid a chance.

Bad, in the sense that he's very likely not ready to succeed, even in such a small role.

Look again at Hardy's splits in his 24 GLeague games....

First 8 Games:

17.1 PTS | 5.0 REB | 3.8 AST
1.4 STL | 3.3 TOV | 28.8 USG% | 45.5 TS%
32.9 FG% | 25.9 3P% | 90.5 FT%

Second 8 Games:

17.6 PTS | 2.9 REB | 2.9 AST
0.8 STL | 3.9 TOV | 31.2 USG% | 54.0 TS%
37.1 FG% | 27.8 3P% | 70.0 FT%

Last 8 Games:

22.5 PTS | 4.9 REB | 4.1 AST
1.8 STL | 2.9 TOV | 30.8 USG% | 54.9 TS%
42.2 FG% | 37.7 3P% | 85.7 FT%

He was functionally "the man" on that team, carrying the lion's share on ball handling duties and carrying the load as the playmaker.
Like Reply
(07-03-2022, 03:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm all for it, but need @"F Gump" to chime in on whether Luka's drat night trade actually does prevent this pairing from happening. 

And even with this, they'd still need another PG, imho.
THAT would be a great spot for Kemba. In the role we imagined for Dragic before JB leaving.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
On to Petteri Koponen
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply