Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (+23, 17 pts, 7 rbds, 4 blks)
33.33%
13 33.33%
THJ (+11, 16 pts, 4 asts, 4/5 threes)
15.38%
6 15.38%
Luka (+21, 30 pts, 14 asts, 7 rbds)
25.64%
10 25.64%
Delon (+33, 10 pts, 4 rbds)
5.13%
2 5.13%
Justin (+26, 19 pts, 6 rbds, 4/6 threes)
20.51%
8 20.51%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15 DIRKIE: Winner KP (35%), Runner-up Luka (24%) & Justin (19%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to get the Mavs the win?
Like Reply
Luka is the best player but today it really feels like it should be a team award. Not a single bad performance and another hot shooting night from 3.
Like Reply
Justin Jackson but it’s always Luka
Like Reply
KP focuses on being the Defensive Anchor. Made as huge difference compared to the lasst cleveland game.

Did not get irritated by his bad offense, dominated in defense instead.

Honorable mention: THJr . Plays much better with the starters. These guys look great on defense with him.
Like Reply
KP for proving someone wrong...

Runner up is the rest of the team...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...9851292673
Like Reply
I’ll give it to THJ. Was very efficient again. Really doubt it can continue close to this degree over a long period, but maybe he can up his trade value and if it did continue, well that’s awesome.

Only other player I considered was Jackson, but it seems off the top of my head most of his impact was when the game was well out of hand while Hardaway’s was while it was more of a game. Would have to go back and look closer at the playing time breakdown in case I’m wrong.

Luka was again the best player, but was an average night by his standard which is amazing.

KP did well on defense and the offense followed in the 2nd half which was nice to see.
Like Reply
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) Tweeted:

Rick Carlisle after a 4-block night for Kristaps Porzingis: “What KP is doing defensively, will somebody please write a story on that?” Entering tonight, opponents were shooting only 44.9% in the restricted area when Porzingis was nearby, per @nbastats. https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...98597?s=20
Like Reply
KP with the stellar defense all game. SO many highlight reel blocks. Then blew the lid off an already blown out game and shot 6/6 in the 3rd
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Give it to KP for setting the tone defensively and persevering through early offensive struggles to put together a very strong overall line.
Like Reply
KP is exactly doing what he has to do if this team wants to be a top team. Which as crazy as it might be, they can be this season already.

2nd Knicks loss changed something. Carlisle changed something, the players changed.

It's night and day.

Craziest thing is: still lots of room for improvement, but not that much any more.

Defense with THJR as a starter and KP having his primary mindset on defense look very encouraging.

Extended plus is that THJr doesn't really work with brunson.
Like Reply
14 assists, 2 turnovers. 7:1 ratio. That’s new for Luka. And it’s huge.
Like Reply
(11-22-2019, 11:44 PM)Jommybone Wrote: 14 assists, 2 turnovers. 7:1 ratio. That’s new for Luka. And it’s huge.

Cavs play super soft though. I'll be impressed when seeing him do it against brutal physical teams like Lakers, Magic, Knicks(against Mavs at least).

They had a good game against Toronto who have an at least decent defense.
Like Reply
(11-22-2019, 11:08 PM)DrMav Wrote: I’ll give it to THJ. Was very efficient again. Really doubt it can continue close to this degree over a long period, but maybe he can up his trade value and if it did continue, well that’s awesome.

Only other player I considered was Jackson, but it seems off the top of my head most of his impact was when the game was well out of hand while Hardaway’s was while it was more of a game. Would have to go back and look closer at the playing time breakdown in case I’m wrong.

Luka was again the best player, but was an average night by his standard which is amazing.

KP did well on defense and the offense followed in the 2nd half which was nice to see.

This is why I voted for THJ over Jackson, the situation where they scored their points.
Like Reply
Actually, JJax was one of the guys to light the fuse on a tight game at the beginning of the second quarter.  Came out playing hard and stroking shots.  

I hope that all is good with THJ - I don't remember him playing after he hit his head.  If I could vote for a shared Dirkie, it would go to our wing duo of THJ/JJax.  Very efficient night.  Luka was a model of efficiency tonight as well.  

What stood out the most in this game is that many of our bench players could have been difference makers for CLE.  So, Donnie gets my write-in vote today for not putting out a team of scrubs like CLE.
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 01:52 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Actually, JJax was one of the guys to light the fuse on a tight game at the beginning of the second quarter.  Came out playing hard and stroking shots.  

I hope that all is good with THJ - I don't remember him playing after he hit his head.  If I could vote for a shared Dirkie, it would go to our wing duo of THJ/JJax.  Very efficient night.  Luka was a model of efficiency tonight as well.  

What stood out the most in this game is that many of our bench players could have been difference makers for CLE.  So, Donnie gets my write-in vote today for not putting out a team of scrubs like CLE.

THjr did come back to sit on the bench as far as I know.
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 01:52 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I hope that all is good with THJ - I don't remember him playing after he hit his head. 

THJ went into whatever the NBA does for concussion protocol. Someone reported that they concluded that he was fine.
Like Reply