Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Repeats...
It would appear that this summer is shaping up to be a remarkable repeat of 2004.

1. Steve Nash was coming off of a productive run and got an offer that caught the MBT off-guard and lost him for nothing - Jalen Brunson

2. Dallas traded several lesser players including Eduardo Najera and Evan Eschmeyer for a starting Center Erick Dampier - Christian Wood

3. Dallas traded Antawn Jamison to Charlotte for the 5th pick in the draft used to select Devin Harris - box unchecked

4. Dallas traded Antoine Walker to Atlanta for JET Terry - box unchecked.

If the hope is that we will have an '04 type recovery. Well, the truth is that the 03-04 team was loaded with ill-fitting parts, but had enough value to build a team that went to the finals in 2 years.

16 years later this team is not loaded but trying the same plan. A lot of teams have tried to copy the triangle offense. The 2 teams with the most success using that offense had MJ and Kobe. Plans are made successful via personnel and this franchise is found lacking. We don't have MJ, we don't have Kobe, and for Pete's sake, we don't even have Antoines.

Point being: this ain't '04 and losing Brunson will hurt much more than losing Nash, based on what the team has left in assets. Honestly, I cannot believe the franchise did not learn from that fiasco...

I feel like the fish who hit a wall.
Like Reply
I absolutely get the frustration, but I think we should wait until the off season is over before jumping to conclusions. Nico has shown that he isn't afraid to make moves and take chances. He's also in the know with players or so we're told. I think a lot could still happen and who knows, maybe they even resign Jalen tonight. I do believe Nico will have a back up plan if Jalen goes to Knicks. Like I said I get the frustration, but the negative vibes around here are pretty bad right now. I don't think this is the usual Cuban Mavs where we strikeout and sign a few cheap has beens.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 10:40 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: , but the negative vibes around here are pretty bad right now.  .

Sadly, the vibes are NOT immaculate this year.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:05 PM)F Gump Wrote: Sadly, the vibes are NOT immaculate this year.

Are the vibes ever immaculate when it comes to Mavs and Free Agency?
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, MrGoat
Like Reply