Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
Dumb question here...

Does Brunson's departure have to be a SnT to generate a TPE? I feel like it does, but I'm not an expert.

If this is the case, does the Tax Apron limitation kick in for NYKs? I'm just trying to see if there is any small value to extract from this deal and a TPE seems like the cheapest return, other than air. But if the apron thing kicks in, then NYKs would be incentivized to NOT do a SnT, at least to my logic.

Please help.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:46 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Dumb question here...

Does Brunson's departure have to be a SnT to generate a TPE? I feel like it does, but I'm not an expert.

If this is the case, does the Tax Apron limitation kick in for NYKs? I'm just trying to see if there is any small value to extract from this deal and a TPE seems like the cheapest return, other than air. But if the apron thing kicks in, then NYKs would be incentivized to NOT do a SnT, at least to my logic.

Please help.

Not right now.  Lets see if the Mavs have any chops to get a sign and trade for him.  Maybe pick up a cheap asset in Keels.  Normal front offices find ways to at least get .10-.20 back here.

(06-30-2022, 04:46 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Dumb question here...

Please help.

Not right now.  Lets see if the Mavs have any chops to get a sign and trade for him.  Maybe pick up a cheap asset in Keels.  Normal front offices find ways to at least get .10-.20 back here.

(06-30-2022, 04:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6977096704

I don't get this with our roster as is.   Maybe things will look different soon.  I would guess Powell is gone somehow right?

It is also always we never are the sole target for someone.  We are typically competing with another team.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Let's go after the guy that lost his spot in the rotation to Biyombo...

Basketball is situational.  Dwight Powell is still a major part of our rotation at the 5.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Boweman55/status/154...32192?s=20&t=JQs8zDGIN4VByXs8iiFNHw
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:51 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Boweman55/status/154...32192?s=20&t=JQs8zDGIN4VByXs8iiFNHw

Technically we have a piece that could make just about anything happen.  

The scarier exorcise in my head is that you had Luka and Brunson (2nd best player) on their rookie contracts and JB was literal peanuts against the cap.  What's the next best piece they put besides them:  Dirk on his last leg.  Busted KP.  UDFA's DFS and Maxi.  Cast off Dinwiddie?  

Which leads back to the crux of that Tweet about gathering useful assets.
Like Reply
Not a big fan of McGee. I guess he's more attainable than a few of the younger guys. I don't understand spending part of the TP MLE on Hardy either. Just sign him to a 2 year deal and let the Arenas provision protect you.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:56 PM)cow Wrote: Technically we have a piece that could make just about anything happen.  

The scarier exorcise in my head is that you had Luka and Brunson (2nd best player) on their rookie contracts and JB was literal peanuts against the cap.  What's the next best piece they put besides them:  Dirk on his last leg.  Busted KP.  UDFA's DFS and Maxi.  Cast off Dinwiddie?  

Which leads back to the crux of that Tweet about gathering useful assets.

Young players are assets. You all hate young players. You want THJ over Markkanen. You want proven veterans like JaVale McGee. Asset building require long-term strategic planning and the draft (pick) is at the center of everything. Cuban only knows one strategy: best roster next season.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:06 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Young players are assets. You all hate young players. You want THJ over Markkanen. You want proven veterans like JaVale McGee. Asset building require long-term strategic planning and the draft (pick) is at the center of everything. Cuban only knows one strategy: best roster next season.

"You all".  Lol
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:07 PM)cow Wrote: "You all".  Lol

Mavs2021 vs the world!
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:13 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Mavs2021 vs the world!

You want a date or something Huh , cause you seem kind of obsessed with me on a personal level.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:28 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You want a date or something Huh , cause you seem kind of obsessed with me on a personal level.

A/S/L?
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Just hurry up and announce Pinson as the first move
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:28 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You want a date or something Huh , cause you seem kind of obsessed with me on a personal level.

Nah dude, I just enjoy the content.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:29 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Just hurry up and announce Pinson as the first move

[Image: ben-affleck-thinking.gif]
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:29 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Just hurry up and announce Pinson as the first move

I actually like that the roster is holding at current level.  Roster slots are cheaper than Frank (til 7/4) and Pinson.  Might mean something is up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:43 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I actually like that the roster is holding at current level.  Roster slots are cheaper than Frank (til 7/4) and Pinson.  Might mean something is up.

Preach. This feels like the Mavs are sniffing around trades right now.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:43 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I actually like that the roster is holding at current level.  Roster slots are cheaper than Frank (til 7/4) and Pinson.  Might mean something is up.

I need gratification right now, mister.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • LifeAquatic, SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:45 PM)cow Wrote: I need gratification right now, mister.

I have some websites I can suggest
[-] The following 6 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, mvossman, omahen, SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:45 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I have some websites I can suggest

[Image: 1SKW.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1542647796649672704

Good. That means Mavs probably aren't offering much more than the minimum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply