Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...3798606849
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Why? This is all clearly driven by Rick Brunson.

The hope was he was a better pitch man and relationship guy than Donnie.  And he can't even secure a conversation with one of his own?  Just like war, MBT never changes.  

Please sell the team.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:20 PM)cow Wrote: The hope was he was a better pitch man and relationship guy than Donnie.  And he can't even secure a conversation with one of his own?  Just like war, MBT never changes.  

Please sell the team.

I would give Nico more of a chance than judging him by the toxic Brunson family.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Why? This is all clearly driven by Rick Brunson.

Yep.  I'm finding myself feeling like Rick has been full of shit during this whole process.  They played the Mavs to get the most money for Jalen, but the Mavs never had a chance.  Not sure Mavs could have gotten much in TDL trade and not sure Brunson takes max extension even if it was offered.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2241122305
Like Reply
I don't blame Nico for this situation at all. I blame Cuban 100%.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I would give Nico more of a chance than judging him by the toxic Brunson family.

Some faith doesn't equal all faith but so far it doesn't feel like much has changed.  This might be a new low.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:16 PM)cow Wrote: Lost some faith in Nico here if nothing else.

Terrible work from the front office. As always we have no idea who is making the decisions but the outcome remains as amateurish as ever.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2241122305

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76112884fb50826cbeac5e...y.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0039081984
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Proper risk management is part of the job. Can't get caught with your pants down. Especially if you have as limited ressources as we do.

We would struggle to even come up with enough value for someone like Sexton. It's that bad asset-wise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0039081984

Delete this post.  It was fun watching KL freak out and for a very brief moment, he forgot about our pending TPE.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:27 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Proper risk management is part of the job.

Exactly. Lets see if the contingency plan is more than signing McGee or someone else for MLE. Stuff that could also be done with Brunson staying.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I hope all the JB defenders & Cuban haters rethink their position....or at least nuance it.

Who defies what and who is a defender and/or a hater? Nothing is more annoying than the morale high ground some people take as "REAL" fans.

I´m totally shocked that Brunson has no interest to talk to Cuban on JULY 1st after his contract already expired. He worked here for four years and far under market value too. He seemingly tried to engage the Mavs in numerous extension talks and they only engaged in Brunson trade talks.

Now somehow Brunson is the bad guy here?

There is nothing wrong with trying to trade Brunson at every opportunity either, but you also have to understand the possible consequences, when you failed to slap the RFA tag on him. 

The truth is that at this point it´s blatantly obvious that Cuban is the problem. He thinks he´s above the players and money can fix everything. From Tyson to Deron to this. The players always feel disrespected by him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:29 PM)omahen Wrote: Exactly. Lets see if the contingency plan is more than signing McGee or someone else for MLE. Stuff that could also be done with Brunson staying.

I smell tax savings incoming.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:29 PM)omahen Wrote: Exactly. Lets see if the contingency plan is more than signing McGee or someone else for MLE. Stuff that could also be done with Brunson staying.
Yeah, a Goran & McGee signing doesn't make sense to me.   It still leaves us slightly worse or about where we were in a tougher west...but probably worse and worse moving forward too.  

Both Goran and Mcgee are in their mid 30's.    Get some guys with upside!  I understand if Goran is a minimum guy, but man we are already an old team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Kind of curious if Rick Brunson’s “the OG Deshaun Watson” past is going to come up at all this year in New York when they eventually land in the play in.
Like Reply
So we are allegedly using the TP-MLE on McGee. Cry

We have a trade. The Dallas Mavericks have acquired 36 year old Goran Dragic and 34 year old JaVale McGee for 25 year old Brunson.

Owner Mark Cuban said he is looking forward to seeing them grow with their 24 year old superstar Luka Doncic. 

Seriously his oldest daughter is 19. Isn´t it about time, she takes over the family business?  Also having Luka fall in love with her, is probably Cuban´s best bet to keep him here long-term. Big Grin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6977096704
Like Reply
Let's go after the guy that lost his spot in the rotation to Biyombo...
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Fuerza1, hakeemfaan, KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply