Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham
Another player I'm really impressed with is Payton Pritchard. He's small but has really developed his 3 pt shooting and is a spark plug off the Celtic bench. Sam Hauser is another one.
Like Reply
Celtics taking care of business. Maybe Spoelstra manages to steal one game but there is no way to overcome a talent gap like this in a playoff series. K.Love picked the wrong ring chasing destination. Already carried them in the second play-in game. Looks like the best Heat player on the floor again. Could have been a difference maker for teams like the Nuggets, Clippers or Knicks.
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 01:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Celtics taking care of business. Maybe Spoelstra manages to steal one game but there is no way to overcome a talent gap like this in a playoff series. K.Love picked the wrong ring chasing destination. Already carried them in the second play-in game. Looks like the best Heat player on the floor again. Could have been a difference maker for teams like the Nuggets, Clippers or Knicks.

I doubt Love would make any difference for any of the teams you mentioned. Maybe. But you also have to consider they're without Butler and Rozier. I mean, they are a important part of the team. The Heat will scrap and fight, they probably get one even without Butler. Spoe is one of the best. That's who they are. But you're right about the level of talent disparity. Boston is deeper than most teams.
Like Reply
Indy doing their best Mavs impersonassion in first half against Milwaukee.
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 07:02 PM)omahen Wrote: Indy doing their best Mavs impersonassion in first half against Milwaukee.

It's a Dame takeover in Milwaukee. Has 35pts with 1:15 to go until the half.
Like Reply
1.5 games left but there is a good chance no road team wins the opening game in a series. Also some of the most anticipated matchups were pretty one sided.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Pelicans and Thunder have a good one going.
Like Reply
Out of curiosity. How come Sengun is on the most improved player shortlist when he only played 63 games this season? He was certainly awesome and much better than last season, but didn't play in 65 games. Or this rule doesn't apply for this specific reward?

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-names-2023-...-finalists
Like Reply
So, all higher seed has won first game?
Not the most exciting start
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 09:49 AM)omahen Wrote: Out of curiosity. How come Sengun is on the most improved player shortlist when he only played 63 games this season? He was certainly awesome and much better than last season, but didn't play in 65 games. Or this rule doesn't apply for this specific reward?

Oh wow. I actually have no clue. He only played 63 games but played more than 20 mins in each of those games so maybe that ups the qualifier? More than likely he doesn't actually win the award and it doesn't matter. 

Or all potential 6MOY winners didn't technically qualify so they did away with the qualifications? 

Very weird.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 10:12 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: So, all higher seed has won first game?

First time since 2013 every home game won. And only the 2nd time overall since 2004.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 11:28 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: First time since 2013 every home game won. And only the 2nd time overall since 2004.

Bet that changes tonight.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 10:12 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: So, all higher seed has won first game?

Yep, I wonder if someone breaks through tonight.   I think the Sixers wasted a real good opportunity in game 1.   Knicks (Hart) made some huge threes, but I think I would bet on the Knicks tonight.  Same with Denver.  Until LA can beat them, it just feels like Denver plays with LAL just to give them hope and then leaves them in the dust.  So, I will go with the Magic winning tonight, but am not confident in that.   I don't bet though....and I am mostly wrong on predictions.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 09:49 AM)omahen Wrote: Out of curiosity. How come Sengun is on the most improved player shortlist when he only played 63 games this season? He was certainly awesome and much better than last season, but didn't play in 65 games. Or this rule doesn't apply for this specific reward?

The qualifier is not strictly 65 countable games.

Another way to qualify is:
The player played in at least 62 countable regular-season games, suffered a season-ending injury, and played in at least 85% of the regular-season games played by his team prior to the player suffering said injury.

Sengun meets that criteria - 63 countable games, season-ender injury, and before his injury he had played 63 of 64.
Like Reply
Freaken Bob V…probably never looked at Maxey Smile

Bogdanovich had a rough start after the trade but he is producing exactly what we need Hardaway to do. When you get minutes, make something happen.
Like Reply
Tyrese Maxey is a rising star.
Like Reply
Knicks/Sixers is a wild game.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Knicks on a different level when it comes to physical and mental toughness. Five guys on the floor and all of them made big plays in the last 30s to turn things around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Divincenzo is becoming quite the player, especially shooting the ball. The Knicks are a tough, gritty team.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 09:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Knicks on a different level when it comes to physical and mental toughness. Five guys on the floor and all of them made big plays in the last 30s to turn things around.

All 8 guys on the floor for the Knicks made plays down the stretch.
Like Reply