Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Amazon & NBA Have Deal for Broadcast Rights| Dame Hurt
(03-21-2024, 02:45 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Because of their recent playoff history and their player leadership, and because of not having Smart anymore. They may be too good to fail, but if they win this year, Jrue will have a lot to do with it. It's certainly not the other guys. Tatum keeps getting mentioned in MVP conversations. Just no. He's not nearly enough of a statistical percentage for his team for him to win that, and certainly not in the same class of player as Embiid, Jokic, Giannis, and Luka (and probably not even SGA). 

Not to mention that we all know that KP is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue for an injury. I would consider it a team trainer miracle to end all team trainer miracles if he gets through the rest of the season and the playoffs without a major hiccup.

That's really disingenuous to wish injuries on someone. Better hope a key player on your team doesn't suffer the same fate.
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 06:09 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: That's really disingenuous to wish injuries on someone. Better hope a key player on your team doesn't suffer the same fate.

Where's the wish? I'm just saying that it's rather crazy, given the past history, that it hasn't happened yet. Uncanny, really.
Like Reply
StatMuse (@statmuse)
Free throws attempted tonight:

43 — Lakers
16 — Pacers

The Lakers have a +420 FTA differential this season. The 2nd-place Bucks are at +222.

Lakers got away with murder (yet again) tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 11:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: StatMuse (@statmuse)
Free throws attempted tonight:

43 — Lakers
16 — Pacers

The Lakers have a +420 FTA differential this season. The 2nd-place Bucks are at +222.

Lakers got away with murder (yet again) tonight.

Need to avoid the play-in. No one is beating the Lakers in a single elimination game.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 12:13 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Need to avoid the play-in. No one is beating the Lakers in a single elimination game.

#Truth.  Their the NBA's meal ticket.
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 09:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Where's the wish? I'm just saying that it's rather crazy, given the past history, that it hasn't happened yet. Uncanny, really.

I'm just saying, KP has changed the dynamics of Boston's roster.  He's a big reason they have the best record in the NBA along with Jrue Holiday and the emergence of Derrick White as their Swiss Army knife. I want to see how far they go with a healthy KP.  I also happen to think, that if KP during his time with Dallas who was miscast in his role, could have yielded the same results as in Boston, while playing 3rd fiddle behind Kyrie and Luka.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 07:08 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: I'm just saying, KP has changed the dynamics of Boston's roster.  He's a big reason they have the best record in the NBA along with Jrue Holiday and the emergence of Derrick White as their Swiss Army knife. I want to see how far they go with a healthy KP.  I also happen to think, that if KP during his time with Dallas who was miscast in his role, could have yielded the same results as in Boston, while playing 3rd fiddle behind Kyrie and Luka.

That really doesn't answer his question.  You accused him of wishing injury on KP when he did nothing of the kind.  He simply found KPs current health streak surprising.  

KP was not miscast here.  He is playing the same role in Boston that we tried to get him to play here but he was too immature to handle then (as he admitted on a recent interview).  I'm skeptical a starting lineup including Luka/Kyrie/KP would be good enough defensively for contention anyways.  He is a better fit there where he is surrounded by high level defenders.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Net free-throw attempts since the start of last season (including the playoffs)...

1. Lakers (+1,017)
2. Knicks (+358)
3. Bucks (+344)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://theathletic.com/5365460/2024/03/...provement/

jalen Green finally putting it all together?
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 10:03 AM)mvossman Wrote: That really doesn't answer his question.  You accused him of wishing injury on KP when he did nothing of the kind.  He simply found KPs current health streak surprising.  

KP was not miscast here.  He is playing the same role in Boston that we tried to get him to play here but he was too immature to handle then (as he admitted on a recent interview).  I'm skeptical a starting lineup including Luka/Kyrie/KP would be good enough defensively for contention anyways.  He is a better fit there where he is surrounded by high level defenders.

You make a good point, about Boston having better defensive players..
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BallySportsIN/status...4485758419

RC calls out the Laker's FT disparities...
Like Reply
Man, the Clippers are only .5 games ahead of the Pelicans...and I believe the Pelicans own the tie breaker.

Clippers have AT Magic, at kings, home against the Cavs. A back to back with the Suns may determine where they fall. They end the season against the Rockets.

It will be real disappointing for the Clippers if they again flail at the end of the year and don't get homecourt for the first round after having several months were they were one of the top teams in the league. I haven't watched them. Why are they struggling?

Kings hopes will determine by back to back against the Mavs. Then after playing the lowly Jazz, they have home against the Clippers, at the knicks, at the celtics, at the Nets and at the Thunder. Finish up with Pelicans, Suns and blazers at home.

I hope Boston does not go in relax mode at they have everything tied up.
Like Reply
After a probable win, the Suns are at the Nuggets, at the Thunder and at the Pelicans. Followed up by the Cavs, Timberwolves, Pelicans, and clippers x 2, the Kings and the Wolves.

That is brutal. They will need to be on their game during this final stretch.

This stretch is going to be fun. I hope all the teams are healthy. It should make for good basketball and good scoreboard watching.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 03:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Man, the Clippers are only .5 games ahead of the Pelicans...and I believe the Pelicans own the tie breaker.

Clippers have AT Magic, at kings, home against the Cavs.  A back to back with the Suns may determine where they fall.  They end the season against the Rockets.

It will be real disappointing for the Clippers if they again flail at the end of the year and don't get homecourt for the first round after having several months were they were one of the top teams in the league.  I haven't watched them.  Why are they struggling?

They miss Westbrook.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1772387015960531145?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

League may start investigating our centers for betting the over of dunks per game Smile
Like Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011...ut-vs-nets

@wojespn
Toronto Raptors center Jontay Porter is out of the lineup and a subject of an NBA investigation into irregularities on prop betting involving him, sources tell @DavidPurdum @ESPNWindhorst and me. Story soon.

This has always been the issue with legalizing gambling. IF this checks out, I expect the league to suspend this guy for life and hit him with so many fines its going to take the entirety of MPJr contract to bail his brother out.

Can't have this happen. And they're gonna make an example out of him.
Like Reply
I would be so pissed off if the mavs lost to the spurs without Wemby. It is tough to beat a team twice but this is put up or shut up time. This was their one gimme win. They have a brutal stretch coming up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
[Image: 1772470336669278449_0.jpg?ex=6614bad6&is...ormat=webp]

Sabonis is the new Double-Double king
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/rmzb53

One of the craziest shots of the season right here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jkubatko/status/1772606263609704912

DiVincenzo has become quite the scorer.
Like Reply