Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Jokic Wins 3rd MVP in 4 Years| CHA Hires Charles Lee for HC
Milwaukee making room for buyout guys.

They first traded Payne for Pat Bev and now cleared a bit of space

Edit: not really an awesome TDL for them. They keep their core and get a slight defensive upgrade.
Like Reply
So what did we give up to get the 1st from OKC?
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:55 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: So what did we give up to get the 1st from OKC?

Not clear yet. Rumors about pick swap
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Dinwiddie waived!

Come home young man
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Thought this was interesting:

https://x.com/BillyReinhardt/status/1755...82136?s=20

"Bob Myers calls Dejounte Murray "a fine player" but not a player he sees in the category of 35 minutes per game, closing playoff games like Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby. 

Teams are not as high on Murray as fans are when they look at his stats."
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:00 PM)MFFL Wrote: Dinwiddie waived!

Come home young man

I think it is going to be tough to bring him in.    If Hardaway was moved, I would be all for it.    I think he can find a bigger role somewhere else.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not sure if Hayes is a lost cause. Feels like Pistons youngsters peak in their rookie season and get worse the longer they stay in Detroit. Hayes used to be a good FT and midrange shooter. Hard to believe that there is no potential to turn him into an average 3-point shooter.

As long as he's been there, he should have improved his shooting by now. What was he doing in the summer? Weaver took him over Haliburton, his 1st draft after getting the GM job. A major gaffe.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe Detroit is an even worse location than Utah or Milwaukee. Or maybe their coaching staff just sucks. Or maybe the just make the worst possible lottery picks each year.
Something isn't right with that team.

Damn shame too. Detroit is one of the storied franchises in the NBA with history.  One of the original teams when the NBA was formed.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Bulls struggling against Memphis. All players have post trade deadline depression. Played so hard to get off the team unsuccessfully.
[-] The following 7 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
Another Milwaukee loss. Minny stomped them by 24 points. Rivers 1-6.

Btw - why is Rivers coaching East all star team? Wasn't Boston in the first place in the East all season?
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 08:47 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Bulls struggling against Memphis. All players have post trade deadline depression. Played so hard to get off the team unsuccessfully.

Seriously though. WTF is Chicago doing?!!!! They should’ve sold DD, Caruso, Vuc and Lavine. Probably could’ve gotten 4 1st round picks and swaps. Not sure anyone wants Vuc or Lavine with those contracts. DeRozan and Caruso would’ve landed them some nice pieces for sure though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
BREAKING: New York Knicks F OG Anunoby had surgery to remove a loose bone fragment in his right elbow and will miss a minimum of three weeks, sources tell ESPN. Procedure is considered minor and he’s expected to resume basketball activities in three weeks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Ouch

https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1756...66848?s=20
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 04:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ouch

https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1756...66848?s=20

Just goes to show that there can be risk trading for a player, and then there can be RISK trading for a player.
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 04:53 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Just goes to show that there can be risk trading for a player, and then there can be RISK trading for a player.

There’s risk trading for a player. Risk that the player you acquire doesn’t perform or doesn’t fit or isn’t available. Also risk that the player you trade blossoms and causes your fan base to live with constant, vocal regret that you didn’t keep him.

There’s risk drafting a player. Marvin Bagley had some great highlights in college!
…but Jokic has done okay for himself.

There’s risk in standing pat. You can miss opportunities to get good players. Or fail to dump players when they have high value.

Maybe these recent moves will pay off. Maybe they won’t. Or maybe we won’t really ever know, because we can’t know what MIGHT have happened if they had held.

All we can do is move forward, and hope for the best.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 05:14 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: There’s risk trading for a player. Risk that the player you acquire doesn’t perform or doesn’t fit or isn’t available. Also risk that the player you trade blossoms and causes your fan base to live with constant, vocal regret that you didn’t keep him.

There’s risk drafting a player. Marvin Bagley had some great highlights in college!
…but Jokic has done okay for himself.

There’s risk in standing pat. You can miss opportunities to get good players. Or fail to dump players when they have high value.

Maybe these recent moves will pay off. Maybe they won’t. Or maybe we won’t really ever know, because we can’t know what MIGHT have happened if they had held.

All we can do is move forward, and hope for the best.

Yep, I just mean that some player risks are greater than others.  To me, trading for a player like Ayton (max contract, known motivation issues, lackluster play, etc) is so much more risk than what I'd want the Mavs to do, so I'm glad they didn't end up with him.  (Thanks, Blazers!)
[-] The following 5 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
Does Doc Rivers get his second win tonight??
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 08:24 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Does Doc Rivers get his second win tonight??

They've got the Hornets with a short roster due to trades, so I would think so.
Like Reply
Personally and I may be missing some teams but I would put the Knicks, thunder and Suns as my deadline winners. 3 good teams who, I think, improved without much risk.

Dallas in in the TBd due to the additional risk they took on that the teams above did not. Plus, Dallas is not a true contender right now. So you can’t say these were finishing moves.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:33 PM)omahen Wrote: Btw - why is Rivers coaching East all star team? Wasn't Boston in the first place in the East all season?

Boston's Coach (Joe Mazzulla) coached in last year's all-star game. Per rules, coaches can't coach in back to back all-star games. 

Doc then get's the nod as the "coach of the team with the most wins in the east (not named Joe Mazzulla) at close of business on Feb. 4"
[-] The following 1 user Likes HIMAV's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply