Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham
(11-08-2023, 10:25 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Wood is killing it defensively when paired with AD.  This is precisely how he should have been used here.  You can't leave him on an island.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/videos/christ...x-10-26-23

We should have paired him with AD?
[-] The following 4 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft, MFFL, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 10:25 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Wood is killing it defensively when paired with AD.  This is precisely how he should have been used here.  You can't leave him on an island.

This is very astute.  I would also wonder if team atmosphere is a factor.  Something we'll never know...
Like Reply
At this point last season, Wood was killing it here. Time is not on Laker’s side.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
NBA discussing move to 2-day draft format as soon as 2024

https://archive.is/ydMfg#selection-40497.0-40497.57
Like Reply
Watching Q1 of Bos-Phil..KP is obviously having a very good season so far, but he still sets those weak, half hearted screens he used to set in Dallas
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 07:27 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Watching Q1 of Bos-Phil..KP is obviously having a very good season so far, but he still sets those weak, half hearted screens he used to set in Dallas

You could take the Celtics starting lineup and just name them all defensive 1st team and it wouldn't be a bad choice.
Like Reply
Wood's first start of the season. Lakers down 30.

22 minutes. 1 FGA. 0 points. 4 rebounds. 4 fouls. The Wood we all know and love...
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 10:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wood's first start of the season. Lakers down 30.

22 minutes. 1 FGA. 0 points. 4 rebounds. 4 fouls. The Wood we all know and love...

I haven’t seen Houston play yet, but they have had a few real nice performances lately.

I think the Lakers will be fine, I think.  But imagine if they go under  .500.  Wood may be cryptonite to good teams.  Ha
Like Reply

Didn't matter tonight. The young Rockets blasted the Lakers, 128-94 without AD though for their 4 straight win.
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 11:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I haven’t seen Houston play yet, but they have had a few real nice performances lately.

I think the Lakers will be fine, I think.  But imagine if they go under  .500.  Wood may be cryptonite to good teams.  Ha

Ime Udoka looking like the real deal. Just keep your wives away from him.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 11:21 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Ime Udoka looking like the real deal. Just keep your wives away from him.

I said that when they first hired him he was going to turn those knuckleheads around.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Low volume but Cason Wallace's scoring efficiency is incredible for a rookie guard. Not a single game shooting below 50% fromt the field.

Eight games into the season he is shooting:

27/39 FG
8/14 3PA
8/8 FT
Like Reply
(11-09-2023, 01:13 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Low volume but Cason Wallace's scoring efficiency is incredible for a rookie guard. Not a single below 50% fromt the field.

Eight games into the season he is shooting:

27/39 FG
8/14 3PA
8/8 FT

Me to OKC every year after they nail the draft:

[Image: how-do-you-do-it-jack-donaghy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 11:23 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I said that when they first hired him he was going to turn those knuckleheads around.

Well they got FVV and Brooks for the on-court fixture, too. It was like the wild wild west last season. Sengun was always a stud. Now it comes out that there are actual professional basketball players on the team. 

Speaking of young stud centers. We traded our 25th pick for Christian Wood, while Detroit traded five second round picks to get the #13 pick, which is a spot where you could have drafted Jalen Duren, Mark Williams, Tari Eason or Walker Kessler. So much for that Wood trade not mattering. Cry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-09-2023, 01:07 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Well they got FVV and Brooks for the on-court fixture, too. It was like the wild wild west last season. Sengun was always a stud. Now it comes out that there are actual professional basketball players on the team. 

Speaking of young stud centers. We traded our 25th pick for Christian Wood, while Detroit traded five second round picks to get the #13 pick, which is a spot where you could have drafted Jalen Duren, Mark Williams, Tari Eason or Walker Kessler. So much for that Wood trade not mattering. Cry

Correct. Seems like they gave away a pick to me, considering he's no longer on the team. Charlotte should also be kicking themselves for trading Duren to Detroit. He's better than any five man they have on their roster.
Like Reply
Actually relieved this was not a Mark Cuban idea

https://x.com/atlhawks/status/1722630139765494099?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
(11-09-2023, 02:39 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Correct. Seems like they gave away a pick to me, considering he's no longer on the team. Charlotte should also be kicking themselves for trading Duren to Detroit. He's better than any five man they have on their roster.

I love Duren but Mark Williams would certainly have a word with you here.
Like Reply
(11-09-2023, 02:39 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Correct. Seems like they gave away a pick to me, considering he's no longer on the team. Charlotte should also be kicking themselves for trading Duren to Detroit. He's better than any five man they have on their roster.

Mark Williams is really good, too. He was more of a sure thing. Therefore I´d not have traded either pick, I´d just have taken both. Duren was build like a brickhosue despite being the youngest player in that draft. Sure he was raw, but the upside was stupid and Williams was the cover for him. Jordan gonna Jordan. Then Cuban pissed away the 2017 draft in which we should have had the top odds. We take Tatum that year, Luka the next, we probably working on a three-peat by now. Cry

(11-09-2023, 03:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Actually relieved this was not a Mark Cuban idea

https://x.com/atlhawks/status/1722630139765494099?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

That´s funny. Obviously not a Cuban idea.
Like Reply
(11-09-2023, 02:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Me to OKC every year after they nail the draft:

[Image: how-do-you-do-it-jack-donaghy.gif]

Problem for OKC they can't keep them once they are established stars.
Like Reply
Shocked 
(11-09-2023, 03:10 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I love Duren but Mark Williams would certainly have a word with you here.

Williams is good, but he's coming off the bench for Nick Richards last I checked. Duren has more upside than both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply