Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: NBA In-Season Tournament/Play-In Tournament to be on Amazon
The Clippers re-routed Filip Petrusev to the Kings, and paid the Kings cash too? It could have been nice for the Mavs FO to waive Morris and get Petrusev. He might have been useful in non-Luka minutes, like...

Kyrie, THJ, DJJ/G-Will, Petrusev, Lively
Kyrie, Green, DJJ/G-Will, Kleber, Petrusev
Like Reply
Watching 6ers/Raptors. Siakam looking very average. Schroder looking like he’s tamed his ego and learned to play team ball.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(11-02-2023, 06:20 PM)The Jom Wrote: Watching 6ers/Raptors. Siakam looking very average. Schroder looking like he’s tamed his ego and learned to play team ball.

They could have extracted like 10 FRPs for these dudes and tanked for Wemby…
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL
Like Reply
So glad the Suns didn't keep Ayton
Like Reply
Spurs up 20 at the half at Phoenix.

Wemby with 20 points and yes, Booker is back.
Like Reply
(11-02-2023, 10:14 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Spurs up 20 at the half at Phoenix.

Wemby with 20 points and yes, Booker is back.

Is there a single plus defender on the Suns roster? Okogie isn't looking good. KD and Nurkic have lost a step. And the few young guys like Bol or Azubuike cannot even get on the floor.
Like Reply
Wemby had his 1st signature game with 38 pts, 10 rebs, and 3 blks. They're 2-0 vs Phx with a 132-121 win. He's just 5 games in too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-02-2023, 11:29 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Wemby had his 1st signature game with 38 pts, 10 rebs, and 3 blks. They're 2-0 vs Phx with a 132-121 win. He's just 5 games in too.

Wemby's gonna be a problem ...

He will also be a bit of a problem for the Spurs as he's too good too early, effectively ending their tank. Although they have a nice stack of picks collected (other than the Mavs when they got Luka), they'll have to work with what they got now.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 04:44 AM)Halfnir Wrote: Wemby's gonna be a problem ...

He will also be a bit of a problem for the Spurs as he's too good too early, effectively ending their tank. Although they have a nice stack of picks collected (other than the Mavs when they got Luka), they'll have to work with what they got now.

They've got a young roster with some talent. Once they get acclimated to playing with each other, they'll be okay. Having one of the best coaches in the biz, can only help them.
Like Reply
It is a long season. I expect if the Suns are healthy they are going to score a ton and I would probably have them in the top 4 at the end of the season..if they are healthy.

But I am just not sure I can consider them a tier 1 contender if that is the center unit they are running out there. I thought Jurkic looked good in game 1, but last night he looked two steps slow. I am just not sure how they are going to stop anyone from going to the basket. A lot to ask of KD to not only score 30, be the best wing defender and also provide some paint protection.

Wemby is just a freak. He makes KD look like a midget. That kid doesn't back down either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 07:15 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is a long season.  I expect if the Suns are healthy they are going to score a ton and I would probably have them in the top 4 at the end of the season..if they are healthy.

But I am just not sure I can consider them a tier 1 contender if that is the center unit they are running out there.  I thought Jurkic looked good in game 1, but last night he looked two steps slow.  I am just not sure how they are going to stop anyone from going to the basket.  A lot to ask of KD to not only score 30, be the best wing defender and also provide some paint protection. 

Wemby is just a freak.  He makes KD look like a midget.  That kid doesn't back down either.

I know that the Suns came back by playing Eubanks but boy did they look awful on defense down the stretch with that lineup.  Switch on Wemby was a pretty awful strategy but they probably wouldn't have been able to come back play Nurkic and using him in drop coverage either.

After watching last night I'm left wondering what Wemby would look like if he was drafted by Detroit and got to play with a PG like Cade...he feels like a cheat code in the pick and roll and last night was the first night the Spurs figured out how to use it.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 05:55 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They've got a young roster with some talent. Once they get acclimated to playing with each other, they'll be okay. Having one of the best coaches in the biz, can only help them.

And if they don't click, Wemby will just get hurt David Robinson style and they will somehow win the lottery.
Like Reply
Some crazy stats (small sample size):

Defensive on/off: -26.8 (105.6 on /6th in the league, 132.4 off /30th in the league)
DFG%: 23.3% (-24.5%), 38.5% in the paint (-24.2%)

Even with a slight regression to the mean (hard to tell without a prior) this is unprecetended territory. In the data/tracking era we haven't seen anything like this. There has never been a rookie DPOY. This might be the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:59 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Some crazy stats (small sample size):

Defensive on/off: -26.8 (105.6 on /6th in the league, 132.4 off /30th in the league)
DFG%: 23.3% (-24.5%), 38.5% in the paint (-24.2%)

Even with a slight regression to the mean (hard to tell without a prior) this is unprecetended territory. In the data/tracking era we haven't seen anything like this. There has never been a rookie DPOY. This might be the season.

Wembly or Lively?
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 12:10 PM)mvossman Wrote: Wembly or Lively?

Wemby.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1720422377002262670

Quote:Top prize for the championship head coach will be the same as his players: $500,000, sources said. Assistants will share a pool too. The prizes will descend based on advancing to become the tournament runner-up ($200K), a semi-finalist ($100K) and a quarterfinalist ($50K).
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/tmy9j7
Like Reply
DFS the leading scorer for Brooklyn in a win over Chicago with 21 points.  Didn’t see that coming.
Like Reply
Brunson 45 pts in a loss vs the Bucks. Picking up where he left off last season.
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Mitchell Robinson’s trainer on Mitchell Robinson 

[Image: F-D8loOXcAALa8X.jpg?width=1120&height=1016]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply