Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham
(09-05-2023, 10:48 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Mavs win 146-132.

I doubt it. Wood is going for a new career high.
Like Reply
So he couldn´t even find a BAE deal. Maybe the Mavs aren´t crazy and the entire NBA simply thinks that he isn´t playing winning basketball. On paper LA is a good team for him. No pressure because he isn´t making big money but with ADs injury issues and LBJs age he will get opportunities to showcase his skill as a 1st/2nd option.
Like Reply
I just hate the Lakers every minute since 1981. Maybe Wood on the floor and the locker room hurts them too. Maybe Lebron’s influence has been reduced as well. ?
Like Reply
This is just my speculation, but while I think there's a chance the Lakers are the perfect fit for Wood and I'm sure he'll put up some huge stats at times (like he did here), I don't expect he'll contribute to winning in LA anymore than he did here last year.

My reasoning is that it will be yet ANOTHER contract year for him. I know he got the player option in year 2, but let's be honest: he's desperately hoping there will be a market for him next summer, and he's probably delusional enough to think that market should be north of the MLE. When a player who hasn't figured out how to play team ball this long feels like people "don't get" how good he is, my hunch is that he'll be out for his stats again, maybe more so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(09-06-2023, 11:32 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is just my speculation, but while I think there's a chance the Lakers are the perfect fit for Wood and I'm sure he'll put up some huge stats at times (like he did here), I don't expect he'll contribute to winning in LA anymore than he did here last year.

My reasoning is that it will be yet ANOTHER contract year for him. I know he got the player option in year 2, but let's be honest: he's desperately hoping there will be a market for him next summer, and he's probably delusional enough to think that market should be north of the MLE. When a player who hasn't figured out how to play team ball this long feels like people "don't get" how good he is, my hunch is that he'll be out for his stats again, maybe more so.
One can only hope he Russell Westbrook’s them! Problem is they can easily let him go with that contract.
Like Reply
(09-06-2023, 01:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: One can only hope he Russell Westbrook’s them! Problem is they can easily let him go with that contract.

Yeah, I agree that it's unlikely he shoots their wheels off, singlehandedly, and yes, they can tell him to shove it at any point (player option in year 2 is probably meant to guard against that exact worry) but that's the thing with Wood: The good parts are soooooo impressive that you keep trying to figure out ways to make it work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(09-06-2023, 01:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I agree that it's unlikely he shoots their wheels off, singlehandedly, and yes, they can tell him to shove it at any point (player option in year 2 is probably meant to guard against that exact worry) but that's the thing with Wood: The good parts are soooooo impressive that you keep trying to figure out ways to make it work.

Like a pretty girl with a bad personality.

“She’s salvageable!”
Like Reply
At least when pissed off Wood and the Lakers eliminate the Mavs I’ll be able to do a depressed dance on the haters graves.

*awaits @DallasMaverick highly intelligent response*
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-06-2023, 03:50 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: At least when pissed off Wood and the Lakers eliminate the Mavs I’ll be able to do a depressed dance on the haters graves.

*awaits @DallasMaverick highly intelligent response*

What does a “depressed dance” look like?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Like Reply
(09-06-2023, 07:35 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: What does a “depressed dance” look like?

Inquiring minds want to know.

You'll find out in 2024
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Tinfoil hat on...

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...0531754105
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1700985022210281678

I am as happy as surprised that Boban received one more year in the league. Good for both, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillE's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(09-10-2023, 05:03 PM)WillE Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1700985022210281678

I am as happy as surprised that Boban received one more year in the league. Good for both, though.

They need his influence.  Porter was arrested this morning for assaulting his girlfriend.  There's a real need for a professional athlete babysitting service.  

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/...2_39242166
Like Reply
(09-11-2023, 02:20 PM)Hooper21 Wrote: They need his influence.  Porter was arrested this morning for assaulting his girlfriend.  There's a real need for a professional athlete babysitting service.  

The babysitting role is one John Lucas has traditionally played for Houston.  The victim was his God-Daughter.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(09-11-2023, 02:20 PM)Hooper21 Wrote: They need his influence.  Porter was arrested this morning for assaulting his girlfriend.  There's a real need for a professional athlete babysitting service.  

They say that the male brain isn’t fully developed until age 25.

So, what are the odds that he quits being stupid? Value is pretty tanked right now.

He’s kinda like Ja, but less talented.

I’m always intrigued by players like this. 

Is he salvageable? And, can the Mavs get a bargain?
Like Reply
(09-11-2023, 05:44 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: They say that the male brain isn’t fully developed until age 25.

So, what are the odds that he quits being stupid? Value is pretty tanked right now.

He’s kinda like Ja, but less talented.

I’m always intrigued by players like this. 

Is he salvageable? And, can the Mavs get a bargain?

I'm not sure the first response to a guy strangling his girlfriend "hey, maybe we can get this guy for cheap" is appropriate.
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • HIMAV, MFFL, Not an evil robot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(09-11-2023, 07:40 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not sure the first response to a guy strangling his girlfriend "hey, maybe we can get this guy for cheap" is appropriate.

To double down on this, the Rockets gave KPJ probably the most team friendly deal in existence where at any moment he could be waived without much fuss. And they did it precisely because the dude is a nutcase who likes to beat women.

He'd be the perfect team cancer/locker room killer that the Mavs are trying to avoid. Plus the optics of JKidd's history. 

Just a big fat no for me from so many angles.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I don't want to wade into the mud of this conversation regarding domestic violence, really, but count me as someone who's not interested in bringing in ANYONE from this Rockets era.

They are the epitome of the downside of "getting younger." Fill your locker room up with 19-24 year-old multi-millionaires with no adult supervision, and this is what you get more times than not, I'll wager. Culture matters. No wonder Udoka vetoed Harden in favor of Van Vleet and wanted Powell.
Like Reply
If you wouldn't sign Hitler to win the title are you even a Mavs fan?
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

That's odd to me. Boban doesn't strike me as that voice in the locker room.
Like Reply