Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
AROUND the NBA: Jimmy Butler Expected Out Multiple Weeks due to MCL
(12-04-2022, 08:25 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Anthony Davis scores Over 50 in another Laker win.  They are playing better. Even with a flawed roster, they are a tough team if Davis is elite and James is healthy.

Jose Alvarado for the Pelicans scored a career high 38.  The mavs brought for a pre draft workout last draft.  He wound up undrafted.  Nice find.

If AD can stay healthy, he's easily one of the best and versatile bigs in the league. He never wanted to play center, but he's accepted it and it shows in his play even on the defensive end. Lakers might not be as bad as we thought. And the Pelicans are also on the rise with a healthy Zion and BI.
Like Reply
(12-04-2022, 08:25 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Jose Alvarado for the Pelicans scored a career high 38.  The mavs brought for a pre draft workout last draft.  He wound up undrafted.  Nice find.

Devonte Graham is behind a slur of combo guards in minutes.
And he's making 11M for 3 years.

Even if the Pelicans are doing good, he might be available.

On the Mavs he'd be the 3rd best ballhandler (not counting Kemba).
And despite his low points per game, Graham can shoot. Given THJ's attempts, he can at least average as much as THJ.

If the Pels wouldn't want THJ, maybe a 3 way trade is possible.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HoopsRumors/status/1...1972858880
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3031085057
Like Reply
[Image: FjRMmyzXoAAdhhu?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Carlisle beats the Warriors with a starting five with an average age of 22.9. Also his two draft selections combined for 44/9/14.

Does that mean we could even have been good at drafting and young, if not for Cuban´s directives and our shitty scouting department? Cry
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 12:22 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Carlisle beats the Warriors with a starting five with an average age of 22.9. Also his two draft selections combined for 44/9/14.

Does that mean we could even have been good at drafting and young, if not for Cuban´s directives and our shitty scouting department? Cry

Without Haliburton and Turner. Two best players missing. Not sure about overall talent evaluation but RC for sure knows how to find and develop guard prospects.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The other Pacers rookie, Nembhard pick 31, scores 31 pts, 13 assists and 8 rebounds in a win against the Warriors last night.  

The Grizzles are something else.  They were without most of their starters last night and still beat the Heat.   

Until proven otherwise, I am going to assume PJ Tucker and Reggie Bullock are in some weird game of chicken of who can score the least amount of points and shots while playing the most minutes.  PJ with a strong statement game last night playing 42 minutes and scoring 3 points on two shots in a double overtime loss.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/...80162?s=46&t=gzhbxzk0awpeq-NEk863cw
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 10:39 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/...80162?s=46&t=gzhbxzk0awpeq-NEk863cw

Sometimes, a change of scenary does a person good....
Like Reply
A.Davis in locker room w/out update. Guessing he'll be ok. Mavs top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Nice!

update: A.Davis with flu-like symptoms.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4885776395
Like Reply
https://www.spurstalk.com/latest-spurs-i...-signings/

Quote:Last month, the San Antonio Spurs took all trade proposals off the table as the franchise dealt with the Joshua Primo bombshell. Now that the Primo situation is settled, multiple sources tell me that the Spurs are once again open for business on the trade market.

While no specific trade is imminent, all indications point to the fact that the Spurs are as active on the trade front as they’ve been since the start of training camp.

-The player that the Spurs get the most inquiries about is Jakob Poeltl. San Antonio’s asking price for Poeltl continues to be a pair of first round picks with limited protections.

According to a pair of sources, the two teams most persistent about acquiring Poeltl are the Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors. The talks with the Raptors date back to last season’s trade deadline, but Toronto remains hesitant to offer anything more than a package highlighted by a single first round draft pick with moderate protections.

The Warriors, on the other hand, are said to be primarily interested in finding a way to flip James Wiseman for Poeltl. However, sources say the Spurs have indicated to the Warriors that they aren’t interested in Wiseman as a centerpiece of a Poeltl trade. I’m also hearing that the Spurs aren’t high on Jonathan Kuminga either, which means a deal with the Warriors will likely only get done if Golden State is willing to part with sufficient draft capital.

Interestingly, I’m told the Spurs actually value Moses Moody more than Wiseman or Kuminga but that they’d still want a lot more in a trade involving Poeltl.

-If the Spurs don’t get their asking price for Poeltl, expect the team to hold onto him instead of selling him to the highest bidder at the trade deadline. While preparing for Victor Wembanyama, San Antonio has come to the conclusion that Poeltl would be a perfect fit next to the young Frenchman.

-Another interesting development is word that Poeltl may prefer to stay with the Spurs. To make sure that happens, he would sign a four-year, $58 million extension. That’s the maximum amount of money the Spurs could give him in an extension during the season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 03:03 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4885776395

Also known as the Phoenix Suns version of the Larry O'Brien Trophy
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 3 users Like audiosway's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 03:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: To make sure that happens, he would sign a four-year, $58 million extension. That’s the maximum amount of money the Spurs could give him in an extension during the season.

That is such a braindead CBA rule
Who does it even protect?
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 03:14 PM)Jym Wrote: That is such a braindead CBA rule
Who does it even protect?

Protects cheap owners?

It's an archaic rule that doesn't factor in other teams willing to poach said player by any means necessary. I think the NBA likes that rule because it forces players to go through free agency and thus add interest/engagement for the offseason.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1600715586224496641
Like Reply
Brick 
(12-07-2022, 11:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Protects cheap owners?

It's an archaic rule that doesn't factor in other teams willing to poach said player by any means necessary. I think the NBA likes that rule because it forces players to go through free agency and thus add interest/engagement for the offseason.

The current rules actually make it EASIER for players and teams to do bigger raises via extensions. The raise limits used to be to 120% of the final year salary in the previous contract, which is still the case for the over-MLE player, but has been made even bigger for the lower salaried player (it is up to 120% of an MLE-ish amount).

Like with all CBA cap rules, there are areas that get tricky like this one. But usually there are still solutions, even if they aren't your preference. In keeping your player, you can still pay him a bigger number - you just have to do it in free agency rather than as an extension.

Free agency means you have to compete. And to win, negotiate well (vs 29 other GMs). And in this case, it is helpful if you have the skill to also get the player to want your team and work with you on the deal, in some way or another.
Like Reply
Poetl is averaging 17/13/5. Dodgy Shows you how much I really do not pay attention to San Antonio. LOL. I´d have guessed 10/8/2 on a good day. Ah looked at his Per36, was really confused.
Like Reply
(12-08-2022, 10:58 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Poetl is averaging 17/13/5. Dodgy Shows you how much I really do not pay attention to San Antonio. LOL. I´d have guessed 10/8/2 on a good day. Ah looked at his Per36, was really confused.

All I know is Poetl could be on the "Julius Randle All Stars" for players that love to give the Mavs work.
Like Reply