Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Amazon & NBA Have Deal for Broadcast Rights| Dame Hurt
(07-01-2022, 02:34 PM)cow Wrote: I think he'll get buried in the rotation as I can't imagine he'd start and he seems like a worse version of Reggie off the bench.  Ring chasing I guess is fair but nothing will really alter his legacy.

What makes you think he wouldn't start?
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1542906386689839104?s=20&t=LQvmRvs0PqsRyEYrMp66Xg

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1542945631110680577?s=20&t=LQvmRvs0PqsRyEYrMp66Xg

A bargain, imo. 

But, I bet the life of this contract will just about close out his window. When his feet start to slow, he'll be done.

Any idea how much added cost to Looney for repeater taxes?
Like Reply
Gobert to Minnesota per Woj
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 01:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think @"omahen" was comparing them as "second best players" on their respective teams, which is valid, but to your point, I think it's a matter of perspective. 

ISO shot creation to the level of Brusnon's skills is much more rare than I think the majority of this board realizes. It's true that elements of the rest of his game leave much to be desired, but he is elite at creating offense off of the dribble. Elite. When you have a ton of that, like the Mavs had last year, I guess you get desensitized to its import, but trust me, when you don't have any of it, you value it highly, and it can be difficult to acquire. 

I get the complaints about Brunson's overall fit, but count me in the camp that believes this Brunson contract will be just fine in a couple of seasons. Possibly a bargain.

With the declining structure of his deal I agree with you.  I don’t think it’s a bad deal at all.  

I am doing my best to separate the Brunson situation from the rest of the Nico era.  The JB situation was a 4 year failure with blame to be laid at several people’s feet; Cuban, Donnie, Rick C, Nico, JB, Rick B, the Rose’s, the NBA that pretends tampering is a thing, and probably an equipment manager or something. 

The Mavs are the biggest losers in the whole ordeal and that is disturbingly the case way too often over the last decade. 

But I don’t know that Nico could have saved it and while I bought the Rick Brunson/McMahon story originally I now think it was probably all a crock and this has been in the works for the past year.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What makes you think he wouldn't start?

He's played 40 games in the past three seasons, none last year.  I'm still curious how his acumen as a PG will mesh with Lue.
Like Reply
OPJ to TOR
 1+1 (player option)

No numbers yet.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:11 PM)cow Wrote: Utah would need to move Gobert first as those two on max deals cannibalize each others value in negotiating with other teams.

Here you go Smile

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Utah is trading Rudy Gobert to Minnesota, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:40 PM)omahen Wrote: Here you go Smile

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Utah is trading Rudy Gobert to Minnesota, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

A boatload of picks????   We will see. Minny may have jumped Dallas.   Solid draft picks, nice FA signing and now Rudy.
Like Reply
KAT, Ant and Gobert.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Walker Kessler, Jarred Vanderbilt and multiple first-round picks for Gobert, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:39 PM)cow Wrote: He's played 40 games in the past three seasons, none last year.  I'm still curious how his acumen as a PG will mesh with Lue.

I haven't followed the situation super closely, but my sense about last year was that he and Houston mutually agreed it was in everyone's best interest for him to stay away from the team. Safer for him, injury wise, and they didn't have a prayer of winning too much. Likely didn't want to, anyway. 

But, I agree that availability is a huge concern with this player.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I haven't followed the situation super closely, but my sense about last year was that he and Houston mutually agreed it was in everyone's best interest for him to stay away from the team. Safer for him, injury wise, and they didn't have a prayer of winning too much. Likely didn't want to, anyway. 

But, I agree that availability is a huge concern with this player.

Sitting out wasn't due to injuries, true.  But going from sitting out three years to a starting role just seems like a stretch.

I just think it's a weird fit all together.  Maybe Wall has grown up but he seems way to clownish for that group, especially Lue.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:42 PM)cow Wrote: KAT, Ant and Gobert.

Jesus. I can't stand it. 

I guess this means KAT will ONLY play outside of the arc now? Not sure I could stomach that as a Minnesota fan.

(07-01-2022, 02:44 PM)cow Wrote: Maybe Wall has grown up but he seems way to clownish for that group

Yeah, this might be valid.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:43 PM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Walker Kessler, Jarred Vanderbilt and multiple first-round picks for Gobert, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Interesting.   Vanderbilt is good but the rest are either role players or unproven.    I wonder how many picks.

(07-01-2022, 02:43 PM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Walker Kessler, Jarred Vanderbilt and multiple first-round picks for Gobert, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Interesting.   Vanderbilt is good but the rest are either role players or unproven.    I wonder how many picks.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Jesus. I can't stand it. 

I guess this means KAT will ONLY play outside of the arc now? Not sure I could stomach that as a Minnesota fan.

Yeah, this might be valid.

KAT is a douche.  Gobert is a douche.  Ant is fun as hell to watch though.  At least they got rid of one douche:

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
Minny is going to be tough!  They got Gobert and Kyle Anderson to pair with their young core.

Minny may run a version of their own twin towers, but on offense, KAT can shoot while Gobert can stay inside.  Defensively, pick and rolls may be their downfall, but if KAT leans into improving defensively that is a lot of length and versatility defensively they have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bayliss's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:48 PM)Bayliss Wrote: Minny is going to be tough!  They got Gobert and Kyle Anderson to pair with their young core.

Minny may run a version of their own twin towers, but on offense, KAT can shoot while Gobert can stay inside.  Defensively, pick and rolls may be their downfall, but if KAT leans into improving defensively that is a lot of length and versatility defensively they have.

Anderson is just the type of veteran they needed.
Like Reply
4 first round picks plus Kessler.    

What would you offer for Bojan?
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:48 PM)Bayliss Wrote: Minny may run a version of their own twin towers, but on offense, KAT can shoot while Gobert can stay inside.

Just seems like KAT's contract (ink still wet) is a steep price for a player who will now not be able to create offense due to the paint being off the table for him. 

Question: was KAT's new deal an extension, or not? Which answer makes him eligible for trade immediately?
Like Reply
They obviously are trying to match our twin towers.   Too late...we were first.
Like Reply