Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What could Luka fetch?
Sure, it's easy to see this question as knee-jerk pessimism surrounding the Brunson news.  But the reality is that the Mavs now have an owner closer to the way Michael Jordan runs the Hornets than to the top-tier, win-at-all-costs owners like Lacob and Ballmer.  Years ago it was deliciously ironic that Cuban was a billionaire who only wore t-shirts.  Now, I think it's a legit fashion choice based on his finances -- or perspective.

The Mavs have a once in a generation player in Luka and yet send bad vibes signaling that it won't do whatever it takes to max out the talent base (luxury tax).  I, honestly, would be shocked it Luka stays here beyond his current deal.

So, as a fun (or not so fun) exercise, what could you get for him if you traded him today?  I don't mean "a bazillion draft picks and first born children" type answers.  I mean, specifically, what deal would you make if you dealt him today?  Again, this is just some mental gymnastics cause, ladies and gents, this day is comin' sooner than later.
Like Reply
[Image: yay-help.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
New Orleans would make a lot of sense. They could offer Ingram and a ton of picks. Luka/CJ/Zion would destroy the league for years to come.
Like Reply
A 3-way with Nets and Lakers that lands Cuban Kyrie, Ben Simmons and Westbrook.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Maybe Trae Young and John Collins?
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 09:45 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: A 3-way with Nets and Lakers that lands Cuban Kyrie, Ben Simmons and Westbrook.

Oh, make it so!!! Make it so!!!

There's some delicious symmetry in forcing Kidd to coach the batshit crazy version of the 3 J's.
[-] The following 2 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Luka does have 2 hands and 2 feet, and is pretty strong. Though agility isn't his strong-suit.

I think Luka could fetch a couple of tennis balls at a time, maybe even 3 if he utilized his mouth. Though if we're focusing on pure strength I think Luka could fetch AT LEAST a golden retriever and maybe an additional Shih Tzu on top. Luka is the GFOAT
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Playmaker
Like Reply
You could attach Luka to all your non minimum contracts and clear out your entire salary cap while bringing back no assets.  Think of the savings!!!!!

CostplusNBA.com is the next big thing!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
SGA And Giddey or Chet plus tons of picks.
Like Reply
Jalen Bruson and our '23 from New York.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen, Smitty
Like Reply
Wow, Brunson really was criminally overrated around here. It's entertaining though, keep it up
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
Luka will give it a couple of more years, but then he’ll force a trade if the Mavs don’t step it up.
Like Reply
(06-29-2022, 12:07 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka will give it a couple of more years, but then he’ll force a trade if the Mavs don’t step it up.

If the Mavs FO won’t step up?  

Consider him gone then. The Knicks have a better shot to win a title than for Cuban to understand asset management 101. It is not just about who you don’t choose to keep but also about who you do choose to keep. Overpaying for THJ and Powelll for eg. Face it. This is an incompetent owner who inserts himself far too much into things that he doesn’t seem to have a handle on.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • audiosway, omahen, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
Do we need to have that Jokic and Luka playing together conversation again? As I remember where we left it, it made more sense for Jokic to come here. Has that changed?
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 10:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka does have 2 hands and 2 feet, and is pretty strong. Though agility isn't his strong-suit.

I think Luka could fetch a couple of tennis balls at a time, maybe even 3 if he utilized his mouth. Though if we're focusing on pure strength I think Luka could fetch AT LEAST a golden retriever and maybe an additional Shih Tzu on top. Luka is the GFOAT

This literally made me laugh out loud for a good bit.  Thank you for that!
Like Reply