Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
The Mavs hitting on Hardy is really important in the wake of JB walking. There is also increased pressure on JG and/or FN to make the leap.

I am feeling much more positive about Hardy than I did, but I am still going in with skepticism. How he performs in summer league might tell us a lot.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 11:48 PM)Kammrath Wrote: There is also increased pressure on JG and/or FN to make the leap.

[Image: drinking-desperate.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
I'm going to wait and see what the Mavs do first before I start putting expectations on a 37th pick to come in and step up.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-29-2022, 01:25 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm going to wait and see what the Mavs do first before I start putting expectations on a 37th pick to come in and step up.

That's not what I meant. I just meant important that their evaluation is a hit in the LONG run. Same with one of JG or FN working out. The Mavs need positive talent assets.
Like Reply
(06-29-2022, 07:32 AM)Kammrath Wrote: That's not what I meant. I just meant important that their evaluation is a hit in the LONG run. Same with one of JG or FN working out. The Mavs need positive talent assets.

We're in lockstep here then. Should Hardy hit, it'll be a huge boon to this team's composition. How good he is drastically alters what we need.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
[Image: FWgaNAIVUAA8HJj?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...1029278721
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/154257...19072?s=20&t=yYOX3Ehs5sA6upmdXVhClA
Like Reply
Josh Green not playing summer league is a joke
Like Reply
Good to see Moses Wright included on the roster...if Hardy is getting a regular contract then Wright should have the inside track on another 2-way spot this season. I'm surprised no Carlik Jones though, looks like he will play for the Bulls.

Green doesn't need to be playing in what is pretty much glorified pickup basketball with teammates and competition who may never even make an NBA roster. Summer league is more about initial development for rookies and undrafted/G-League players trying to earn a training camp invite. He already showed he can contribute in the rotation, now the next step for him is to just keep working on his game and shooting
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:47 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Josh Green not playing summer league is a joke

Perhaps Nico doesn't think he'll be on the roster....?

Just throwing that out there. 

I agree though, would've liked to see Josh get as much burn as possible. He needs it.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 11:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Perhaps Nico doesn't think he'll be on the roster....?

Just throwing that out there. 

I agree though, would've liked to see Josh get as much burn as possible. He needs it.

He needs to average about 40 a game in SL for me to want him on this team.
Like Reply
Interesting ...

No-one listed as C or even F/C, not even Bingham, also no other player bigger than 6-10. But a 6-9 listed as F/G and another one at 6-8 (or 6-7? Haowen has different data in the list and the face shot. Looks like a copy/paste error from Gorham in the face shoot). 
Only one small guy at 6-1

Positionless Basketball ...
Like Reply
Now that Hardy is a regular roster spot, I am a tad disappointed we have not been more aggressive in the two way roster spots.  One of my flaws is wasting way to much thinking about the fringe stuff.   Most two way guys never make it as a long NBA player....but a handful do.   I like Moses Wright and look forward to watching him this summer.  I think he is a solid bet, but most of my impressions of him are from highlights.    I am not sure if Bingham is a two way guy now.   Maybe he surprises in summer league.   Alston Jr looks the part, so he is probably the other guy who really interests me.    

With a deep roster, I would look for a more raw guy for the last two way.  I don't believe John Butler has landed anywhere yet.  In all likelihood, if he ever makes it in the league it will probably happen on his second or third team.   But that would be an intriguing move.

edit--another interesting name is Hyunjung Lee from Davidson.  He has a foot injury now.   He is limited as a jump athlete but has good size and can really shoot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 07:35 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: One of my flaws is wasting way to much thinking about the fringe stuff. 

I love that you focus on that, it is very beneficial to the rest of us! Keep bringing the goods, as you post on stuff that I usually have very little knowledge on. 

P.S. @"Chicagojk" thanks for the private message, appreciate your thoughts. FYI your ability to receive private messages is disabled so I cannot respond.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 07:47 AM)Kammrath Wrote: P.S. @Chicagojk thanks for the private message, appreciate your thoughts. FYI your ability to receive private messages is disabled so I cannot respond.

NOBODY EVER PRIVATE MESSAGES ME!!!! 

What do I have to do? I am obviously delightful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 11:39 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: NOBODY EVER PRIVATE MESSAGES ME!!!! 

What do I have to do? I am obviously delightful.

[Image: evil-smile-mischievous-grin.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:47 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: Josh Green not playing summer league is a joke

Yeah, I thought it would help.   I saw RJ Hampton (same class as Green) asked to play in the summer league with the Magic.   It is just weird he never played summer league.
Like Reply
Former Mavs Tyler Bey is playing with the Sixers summer league team.  Haven't seen any news on Tyrell Terry or Eugene Omoruyi.   Terry was signed as a two way last year with Memphis but got hurt shorty after and didn't play again.   Memphis looks like they have their two way spots locked up.

I am a little disappointed the Mavs didn't get a few more younger prospects for their summer league roster.  It appears they have at least one two way spot locked up (Is Moses officially a two way guy?).   You would think they could use the two way openings to create competition.  John Butler is playing with New Orleans.  He is so far away, but I am surprised we haven't been aggressive with the undrafted guys.   There are some guys I am interested in on the team, but they are a little older.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...5392153601
Like Reply