Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delonte Panhandling
This breaks my heart.  Mental health is a national crisis.  There's too much money in the NBA to allow this to happen, for Delonte not to get the help he needs.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/21/delonte-w...-outs-nba/
Like Reply
(06-21-2022, 04:15 PM)nash_funk Wrote: This breaks my heart.  Mental health is a national crisis.  There's too much money in the NBA to allow this to happen, for Delonte not to get the help he needs.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/21/delonte-w...-outs-nba/

With Delonte, I don't think it's lack of access to medical care, he gets that through his NBA benefits, it's a refusal to seek help.  Unfortunately unless a person is a risk to themselves or others you can't force them into care.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • nash_funk
Like Reply
Bro is aging fast.  Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • nash_funk
Like Reply
(06-21-2022, 04:43 PM)Kidnova Wrote: With Delonte, I don't think it's lack of access to medical care, he gets that through his NBA benefits, it's a refusal to seek help.  Unfortunately unless a person is a risk to themselves or others you can't force them into care.

I truly don't know.  Does the NBA have medical insurance for ex-players?
Like Reply
(06-21-2022, 04:48 PM)nash_funk Wrote: I truly don't know.  Does the NBA have medical insurance for ex-players?

If I recall this was a big part of one of the CBA negotiations several years back.  Everybody with at least 3 years of NBA experience gets medical insurance for life.  I don't know if it's paid 100% or not, but even if not, I know Cuban has offered to help him in the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • nash_funk
Like Reply
(06-21-2022, 04:55 PM)Kidnova Wrote: If I recall this was a big part of one of the CBA negotiations several years back.  Everybody with at least 3 years of NBA experience gets medical insurance for life.  I don't know if it's paid 100% or not, but even if not, I know Cuban has offered to help him in the past.

panhandling = needing drugs immediately

Ya, I was surprised to hear he was a scout for the Mavs last year and is broke already, if that is true.
Like Reply
(06-21-2022, 04:45 PM)cow Wrote: Bro is aging fast.  Sad

Drugs does crazy stuff to people. I pray he seeks the help he needs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply