Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
Mavs will have to compete with the Suns for these buyouts. The SG/SF market will be very limited but there could be some quality smaller guards like PatBev, Reggie Jackson, and Wall. 

At this point, you just have to roll with Pinson as being part of the 3 and D rotation and live with it. If Green/Bullock get in foul trouble, that third defender will be important.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:19 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: At this point, you just have to roll with Pinson as being part of the 3 and D rotation and live with it. If Green/Bullock get in foul trouble, that third defender will be important.

I think this is pretty true, sadly. We're going to see Pinson in some playoff games, I think.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:19 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs will have to compete with the Suns for these buyouts. The SG/SF market will be very limited but there could be some quality smaller guards like PatBev, Reggie Jackson, and Wall. 

At this point, you just have to roll with Pinson as being part of the 3 and D rotation and live with it. If Green/Bullock get in foul trouble, that third defender will be important.

"Sigh"
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/chriswood_5/status/1...91808?s=46&t=5TKhTeZ7dlAkJc2Qq_gUMg

There’s still time to delete all of your old posts before he proves you wrong. Same goes for 90% of you.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think this is pretty true, sadly. We're going to see Pinson in some playoff games, I think.

Correction:  We are going to see Mavs Legend Theo Pinson in some playoff games.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think this is pretty true, sadly. We're going to see Pinson in some playoff games, I think.

A cynic would say, there will not be many playoff games. Good that I am not one Smile
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:21 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: There’s still time to delete all of your old posts before he proves you wrong. Same goes for 90% of you.

I stand by what I said.

I hope Wood proves me wrong.

https://twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1623777965464260608
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:19 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs will have to compete with the Suns for these buyouts. The SG/SF market will be very limited but there could be some quality smaller guards like PatBev, Reggie Jackson, and Wall. 

Not nearly as concerned about the SG/SF rotation. Mavs have more than enough bodies. But they have exactly two players in the 6-7 to 6-9 range that would qualify as bigger wings or SFs/PFs. Donci and Morris. Not exactly go to defenders for Durant, LeBron or other big forwards.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...8764742659
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I stand by what I said.

I hope Wood proves me wrong.

https://twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1623777965464260608

Pray the Mavs hinder his ability to do so… or don’t. I know you’d be okay being wrong for more wins lol.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:27 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Pray the Mavs hinder his ability to do so… or don’t. I know you’d be okay being wrong for more wins lol.

Can only hope that the finger injury didn´t turn him into John Collins 2.0.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Can only hope that the finger injury didn´t turn him into John Collins 2.0.

Collins hurt a finger on his shooting hand. Wood’s hurt thumb is on his off hand.
Like Reply
Acquiring Kyrie, elevating Green, and developing Hardy have made this a completely different and drastically superior team than last year’s. Kyrie is better than Brunson, and Green is now much better than DFS. In time, Hardy will be better than Widdie. And, while it was insanity to believe THJ could replace Brunson’s productivity, it’s not so ridiculous to think he can help fill a scoring void left by Widdie. I’m happy Wood will stay, and he seems happy about it also. He may not be everything you want, but you can’t say he doesn’t upgrade the bigs. The Mavs are ready to role, finally.  It’s been the most frustrating year I can remember.  But, we’re going to enjoy this last part.  I think the Mavs are legitimately the best team in the West, and I could see from the body language last night, they believe it too, especially Luka. My only slight concern is the coach and whether he can dial it back, stabilize the rotation at 9 (with Hardy as the 9th man instead of Wright or Frank), and just keep it all very basic and well defined.
[-] The following 7 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • doorsted, From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL, mvossman, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:34 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Acquiring Kyrie, elevating Green, and developing Hardy have made this a completely different and drastically superior team than last year’s. Kyrie is better than Brunson, and Green is now much better than DFS. In time, Hardy will be better than Widdie. And, while it was insanity to believe THJ could replace Brunson’s productivity, it’s not so ridiculous to think he can help fill a scoring void left by Widdie. I’m happy Wood will stay, and he seems happy about it also. He may not be everything you want, but you can’t say he doesn’t upgrade the bigs. The Mavs are ready to role, finally.  It’s been the most frustrating year I can remember.  But, we’re going to enjoy this last part.  I think the Mavs are legitimately the best team in the West, and I could see from the body language last night, they believe it too, especially Luka. My only slight concern is the coach and whether he can dial it back, stabilize the rotation at 9 (with Hardy as the 9th man instead of Wright or Frank), and just keep it all very basic and well defined.

I love the positivity!!!

I hope we add another wing, and maybe even swap out Franky for another ball handler that can score and I'm right there with you.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:34 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Acquiring Kyrie, elevating Green, and developing Hardy have made this a completely different and drastically superior team than last year’s. Kyrie is better than Brunson, and Green is now much better than DFS. In time, Hardy will be better than Widdie. And, while it was insanity to believe THJ could replace Brunson’s productivity, it’s not so ridiculous to think he can help fill a scoring void left by Widdie. I’m happy Wood will stay, and he seems happy about it also. He may not be everything you want, but you can’t say he doesn’t upgrade the bigs. The Mavs are ready to role, finally.  It’s been the most frustrating year I can remember.  But, we’re going to enjoy this last part.  I think the Mavs are legitimately the best team in the West, and I could see from the body language last night, they believe it too, especially Luka. My only slight concern is the coach and whether he can dial it back, stabilize the rotation at 9 (with Hardy as the 9th man instead of Wright or Frank), and just keep it all very basic and well defined.

The biggest question is what Kidd will do with Wood.  Is he going back to the starting lineup?  Starting Powell in the playoffs last year did not work, and I'm skeptical it will be any better this playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Brooklyn is just going to start 5 wings, with 2 remaining as 6th and 7th men.

Dinwiddie (6'6")
ONeale (6'6")
DFS (6'7")
Bridges (6'6")
Johnson (6'8")
Harris (6'6")
Simmons (6'10")
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:19 PM)cow Wrote: I'd pull the offer honestly.  Feels like a Nerlens situation all over again.

Just watch - Nico was busy on the phones and forgot that Wood and his agent had the contract in their possession - and they signed it before he remembered to pull it.  Tongue
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:55 PM)mvossman Wrote: The biggest question is what Kidd will do with Wood.  Is he going back to the starting lineup?  Starting Powell in the playoffs last year did not work, and I'm skeptical it will be any better this playoffs.

Kyrie seems like a very good locker room guy whom other players love. He might be able to sit Wood down and work out his mentality as far as team contribution and winning basketball. "Weed is for the offseason" should be his first lesson. But Kyrie might be able to work this all out to our benefit.

I'll bet Luka is weighing his elation at having his best teammate ever vs. ire that the Mavs couldn't bring in any of his three Yugo buddies (Zubac and the two Bogdanovices).

Everyone seems to be forgetting the major silver lining in the midst of all the disappointment - whether Kyrie stays or goes, after the draft, we will have major trade fodder for the third (or second) star because they didn't spend any now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 04:19 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Just watch - Nico was busy on the phones and forgot that Wood and his agent had the contract in their possession - and they signed it before he remembered to pull it.  Tongue

I honestly think Wood feels like he's worth more than his extension numbers which he'll end up regretting immediately if he tests the open market.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 04:29 PM)cow Wrote: I honestly think Wood feels like he's worth more than his extension numbers which he'll end up regretting immediately if he tests the open market.
Which his agent should know by now, and there quite possibly is 1 team.
Like Reply